Misunderstandings

Too Stupid To Be Cupid

Chanyeol ran as fast as his giraffe legs could take him, screaming at a confused Baekhyun that the bus was simply taking too long. He needed to get to Kyungsoo, and he needed to get to Kyungsoo now. He had a dumb smile plastered onto his face as he ignored the searing pain in his thighs, internally scolding himself for not running more during soccer practice.

 

By the time he had reached the apartment complex a few blocks away, he was drenched in his own sweat, the security guard not even trying to hide his disgust as Chanyeol stumbled by him, slapping the elevator button as hard as he could. He stood for a few moments, groaning when he decided the elevator was too slow, eyes darting to the stairwell. He heaved, balling his hands into fists as he shouldered the door open, running up a countless amount of stairs before reaching the 7th floor.

 

There came a point during his run that he just began dragging himself around the floor, legs too numb to function anymore. He breathed in relief as he stopped in front of the all too familiar door, pounding his hand against the door.

 

The door opened slowly, Junmyeon eyeing the hall warily. “Hel- Chanyeol what are you doing on the floor?”

 

“K-Kyun-Kyung-” he heaved.

 

“Yeah, I get it. Better question- why are you sweating so much?”

 

“I-”

 

“Okay, let’s just get you inside. Do you need a shower?” he asked as he tried his best to heave the giant up, lifting his sweat drenched arm in the process. “Scratch that, you don’t have an option. You’re showering. What have you been doing? Frankly, you smell like .”

 

Chanyeol breathed out in frustration, trying to catch his breath.

 

“Hold on, I’ll get you some water. Then you’re gonna shower and explain to me what the hell is going on.”

 

~~~~~~~

 

“-So we started talking and I guess that I really do love Kyungsoo after all.”

 

“But Kyungsoo came looking for you earlier. Did you not see him?”

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “Are you sure he came over?”

 

“Well, all I know is he left to the park to return your keys and came back 5 minutes later. He’s locked himself in his room ever since. You can try talking to him, but he’s pretty intent on keeping that door shut.”

 

Chanyeol sighed. “Thanks Junmyeon.” he said, getting up off the couch and over to Kyungsoo’s bedroom. He knocked tentatively.

 

“I told you, I don’t wanna talk about it.”

 

Chanyeol knocked again.

 

“Just leave me alone, okay?”

 

He knocked again, smiling despite himself when he heard little angry footsteps.

 

“Junmyeon, I told you-” he said, flinging the door open. “I don’t- oh… It’s you.” he said, harsh tone turning quiet as he ducked his head away.

 

Chanyeol watched as the younger wandered back to his bed, clenching his hands into fists as he inhaled sharply, refusing to meet Chanyeol’s worried gaze.

 

“Soo, is there something wrong?”

 

“Yeah, I guess you could say that.” he said with a bitter chuckle.

 

“What is it?”

 

Kyungsoo looked up at the giant’s puzzled face, unshed tears stinging the back of his eyes. He rarely cried, really. It was a testament to how strongly Kyungsoo felt about this- about losing Chanyeol.

 

“The fact that this… none of this is real.”

 

“What are you saying?”

 

“I’m saying that you don’t love me, Chanyeol. You never have.”

 

“Soo-”

 

“Don’t call me that. You don’t love me. You may not ever love me. I’ve tried to forget that all of this was just the product of a love arrow, I really did. But you know what? I can’t! I can’t forget that all of the little kisses, all of the sleepless nights we’ve spent in each other’s arms, the very reason I find it in myself to smile everyday, it’s all a lie. A crazy, spell induced, lie. I don’t know how much longer I can keep this up, Chanyeol. I don’t know why I’ve been keeping this up for so long. This is only gonna result in heartbreak for me.” he said, tears flowing freely now. Kyungsoo looked towards Chanyeol from his slouched sitting position on the edge of the bed, a few more tears escaping the corners of his eyes. Chanyeol didn’t move. Didn’t say anything.

 

“You know, at first, I really hated you. I hated the fact that you were loud, that you were so close to me when I didn’t want you to be, that you were everything outside of my comfort zone. Who would’ve guessed I’d end up falling for you?”

 

“Kyungsoo-” Chanyeol said, voice soft as he sat next to the smaller, enveloping him in a comforting embrace. “You don’t understand. I love you-”

 

Kyungsoo shook his head violently, sending a fresh stream of tears down his face. “You don’t.” he said, voice cracking. “Not like I do. You never will.” he wormed his way out of Chanyeol’s hold, furiously wiping his tears on his sleeve. “I’m sorry I even brought it up.” he muttered, rushing out of the room.

 

Chanyeol followed Kyungsoo out of the room and to the bathroom across the hall, where the shorter ran inside and locked the door. Chanyeol banged on the painted wood several times as he yelled for Kyungsoo, finally just taking a seat on the wall and content to just wait.


It was going to be a long night.

 


A/N

Yay for double updates and chansoo 
unless angst isn't your thing
then less yay for double update 
but still yay for chansoo
we promise the next chapter will be more crackalicious

- byunsbaekery