Movie Night

Too Stupid To Be Cupid

“Baek, what do you want to do tonight?” Yixing asked, desperate for his crush’s attention.

 

“Myeonnie, what do you want to do tonight?” the younger asked, head rested on Junmyeon’s shoulder as the two walked awkwardly, Junmyeon too used to the situation to shrug him off.

 

 

“Well, I was gonna stay in and watch a movie, but with you two around-”

 

“Oh! I love movies! What are we watching?”

 

“Well, I was actually gonna-”

 

“We should watch Pirates of the Caribbean. I love that movie.”

 

“If Baekhyun wants to watch it, I want to watch it too!” Yixing exclaimed.

 

 

“But I was gonna invite-”

 

“Myeonnie, do you have any ice cream at your apartment?”


 

“No.” he responded, exasperated. “No, I don’t have any ice cream.”

 

 

“We should go get some. Like now.”

 

 

“Baekhyun, I really don’t think that Kyungsoo-”

 


“I’LL BUY YOU 50 TUBS OF ICE CREAM IF IT MEANT YOU’D LOVE ME.” Yixing shouted, already running down the street with his open coat flaring out behind him.

 

 

Junmyeon sighed longingly after the boy, Baekhyun almost shouting in his ear in order to get his attention back.


 

“-and then after we move into our beach house in Alabama, we can have 5 children.”

 

 

“WAIT- what!?”

 

 

“Hmm?”

 

 

“A beach house in Alabama?"

 

 

"And 5 children. Don't forget the 5 children."

 

 

"Right, how could I ever forget the 5 children?" Junmyeon asked sarcastically. “The 5, nonexistent children.”

 

“How dare you Kim Junmyeon! Those are our future children you are speaking of!”

 

“Right, right, I’m sorry.”

 

 

“Damn right you’re sorry! You've lost your baby naming rights for that. We’re gonna name one Baekhyun in honour of me and another Baekhyun Jr. and one Junmyeon, and-"

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Kyungsoo-”
 

 

“I thought we were hanging out tonight.”
 

 

“I know, but these 2 decided to tag along.”

 

“Yeah, okay, that’s understandable, but what you still haven’t explained to me was why we have 34 tubs of ice cream in the freezer.”

 

“Because Yixing spent his whole afternoon raiding convenience stores for ice cream flavours that reminded him of Baekhyun.”

 

“Reminded him of-”

 

“Just don’t question it.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed as the doorbell rung, the younger off to go greet his boyfriend and the idiots following.

 

 

“Soo!” Chanyeol shouted as soon as the door opened, wrapping Kyungsoo in a hug.

 

 

“Yeol, I can’t breathe.” Kyungsoo muttered

 

 

“Now you know how I feel every time I see you. You take my breath away, Soo.”

 

 

“Way to be corny. Now please let me go before I pass out.”

 

 

“Dammit Kyungsoo you ruined the moment.”

 

 

“Next time, i’ll just pass out in your arms.”

 

“Damn straight you will.”

 

 

"GODDAMIT GUYS, CAN YOU STOP BEING INTIMATE FOR ONCE AND LET US IN?" Sehun called impatiently from outside, Kyungsoo laughing as he dragged Chanyeol into the apartment.

 

 

"Someone's not a very happy camper." Luhan said as he walked in behind Sehun.

 

 

"No ."

 

 

"Gosh, don't be so angry, I already bought you bubble tea. Do you guys have any ice cream?"

 

 

"Yeah, 34 tubs actually." Junmyeon said, cupping his face in his hands.

 

 

"Whoa, what? Why the hell do you have so much?"

 

 

"Baekhyun wanted ice cream, Yixing bought every single flavor that reminded him of Baekhyun."

 

 

"That reminded him of-"

 

 

"Just- don't question it."

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

The next hour found the group on the couch, curled up and staring at the screen while Baekhyun talked loudly at the screen, shoveling spoon after spoon of ice cream into his mouth and pointedly ignoring Yixing who was insisting on feeding him.

 

“Pleaaaaseee?”

 

“No.”

 

“Pleaaaaaaaaaasssseeeeee?”

 

“No.”

 

 

“But-”

 

“No.”

 

“Baek~”

 

“No.”

 

“Baek-”

 

“OH MY GOD, SHUT UP!” a voice shouted.

 

 

Kyungsoo got up. “Oookay, this is my cue to leave. Chanyeol, you coming?”


 

“Oh yeah.” he said, following Kyungsoo into his room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Junmyeon sighed as they entered the 5th hour of the Pirates of the Caribbean marathon, the only remaining survivors being him, Yixing, and Baekhyun who was grabbing onto him and not letting him go.

 

Luhan and Sehun had bailed within 5 minutes to go get bubble tea with Minseok following the two out. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol had been doing god knows what in Kyungsoo’s bedroom for the past few hours and their sorry little trio were all that remained. Junmyeon sighed in relief when the ending credits rolled, jumping off the couch with a numb .

 

“Okay! Movie’s over, let’s go home!”

 

 

“But Myeonnie-”


 

“Shhhhhh, it’s time to go home.” he said, not so subtly pushing Yixing and Baekhyun out the door.


 

“I love you Myeonn-” was all Junmyeon heard before he closed the door, leaning against it for support.

 

 

The boy got up, slowly making his way to his room, sinking into his mattress and closing his tired eyes, dry from watching hour after hour of pirates speak in a language he barely understood.


 

Wrapping himself into a blanket burrito, he let himself doze off as the door  opposite to his room slammed open, angry footsteps following. He groaned as he unwrapped himself, getting up and cautiously leaving the confines of his room to find his roommate in fetal position on the floor, head buried between his knees.


 

“Kyungsoo?”

 

 

"Junmyeon-" Kyungsoo croaked.

 

 

"What is it? Are you okay?"

 

 

"It's Chanyeol. He's- he's starting to come to."

 

 

"It’s okay Kyungsoo." Junmyeon said sympathetically, wrapping the boy in a hug.

 

 

"No, it’s not, Junmyeon. I-I don't know what to do."

 

 

"You and I both know what you need to do."

 

 

"It's just so goddamn hard! I can't bring myself to stop caring about him- I mean how do I not care? I've been spending the past few months with him, the very person I despised the first time I met, the person whose family has accepted me wholeheartedly, who buries his face in the crook of my neck every night, who kisses me awake every morning, whose smile is my definition of happiness. I've fallen in love with him and I don't know what to do." Kyungsoo's last words fading into a whisper as hot tears streaked down his face. "I just can't let him go now."