An Unexpected Confession

Too Stupid To Be Cupid

“So- what exactly happened?”


 

“I got hungry because I was late for school and I couldn’t eat breakfast.”

 

“I got that, I was there, but that doesn’t explain why your arm is in a sling.”

 

 

“I wanted to get something to eat so I went to get a chocopie from the vending machine and the chocopie got stuck-”

 

“Let me guess, you stuck your arm in the vending machine and your arm got stuck?” his mom teased, grin faltering when she saw him try to hide his face in embarrassment. “You did not!” she laughed, doubling over.


 

“It wasn’t my fault!”

 

Please tell me you took pictures Luhan.” she said between giggles.

 

 

“They’re in your inbox.” Luhan replied.

 

“You guys all . I’m going to go get bubble tea. Bubble tea doesn’t .” Sehun muttered, patting his pockets for his wallet. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion at the noticeable decrease in size as the front door swung open, startling the three of them. Sehun sighed as he saw the devil child Jongin with a bouquet of roses in hand and a cooing Minseok trailing behind him.

 

 

"Sehunnie!" Minseok squealed, wrapping his arms around the younger. "Ah, our Jonginnie is so adorable."

 

 

"Where were you guys?"

 

 

"Out getting flowers. What happened to your arm?"

 

 

"Flowers? Why?"


 

“SHHHHHHHH-” Minseok whisper-shouted, slapping his hand over Sehun’s half open mouth as Jongin strutted over to Luhan, holding the flowers out for him.

 

 

“Luhan hyung look! I got you flowers!” Jongin pronounced loudly. Luhan smiled warmly at the younger.

 

 

“Oh, why? What’s the occasion?”

 

 

Jongin looked down and shuffled his feet cutely. “I-I just wanted to.” he said in a childish voice.

 

 

“Well at least someone knows how to treat a guy.” Luhan accepted with a pointed glare at Sehun as he took the flowers.

 

 

“Yeah!” Jongin gloated smugly, pumping his fist in the air. He then swiggity swaggled his way over to Sehun, swaying his hips with an exaggerated flair. “That’s how it’s done sonnnnnn.” he said, loud enough for only Sehun to hear.

 

“This little-” he started, before Minseok pressed his hand against Sehun’s face again as Jongin approaching Sehun’s mother with another flower.


 

“Thank you too.” he said “For letting me stay here and taking care of me.”

 

Sehun’s mom giggled as she accepted the flower. “Wow Sehun, can I disown you for Jongin?”

 

“Mom!”

 

“Gosh, take a joke. At least Jongin didn’t dislocate his arm for a chocopie.”

 


Jongin’s eyes bugged out as he guffawed. “He did what?”

 

 

“Show him, Luhan.”

 

 

“Gladly.” Luhan snickered, as he gave Jongin his phone with the pictures of a miserable and hungry Sehun with a dislocated arm. “Scroll to the left.”

 

 

“That’s it, I’m moving in with Kyungsoo and Junmyeon and away from Jongin, you devil child.” Sehun hissed.

 

 

Jongin smirked at that. “At least I’m a handsome devil.”

 

 

“SHOTS FIRED!” Luhan crowed.

 

 

Sehun whipped around and glared at the cupid who happened to be the spawn of Satan “I thought you were on my side you traitor!”

 

 

“Hey in Luhan’s defense, you weren’t the one to buy us flowers,” Mrs.Oh pointed out.

 

 

“THAT WAS MY MONEY THAT HE STOLE!”


 

“Stop accusing Jongin of theft!”


 

“I’M NOT I WAS JUST TECHNICALLY THE ONE WHO BOUGHT THOSE FLOWERS!”


 

“Sehunnie, jealousy is not a desirable trait.”

 

 

“WELL MINSEOK SURE DESIRES ME!”

 

 

“That I do.” Minseok nodded solemnly. “That I do.”

 

 

“THAT’S WHAT I THOUGHT ES.” Sehun said, arms outstretched as he slowly backed into his room, Luhan rolling his eyes and following.


 

“Wait.” Jongin said, catching Luhan’s wrist before he entered. “Can I tell you something?” he asked, eyes trained on the floor.

 

 

“Sure, what’s up?”


 

“Hyung, I really like you. Like a lot.”


 

Luhan smiled. “Jongin? Are you doing what I think you’re doing?”


 

“Maybe…”

 

Luhan squatted down until he was at eye level with the younger boy. “Jongin, you’re so sweet.” he said, ruffling his hair. “But, I’m sorry. I already like someone else. I have for a while now.”

 

 

“Oh…” Jongin said, raising his gaze from the floor to Luhan. “Is it Sehun-ahjussi?”

 

Luhan smiled sadly, nodding.


 

“Well, I hope he knows he’s an idiot.”

 

“Why do you say that?”

 

“Because he’s too stupid to realize how awesome you are.” Jongin said with a smile. “I hope he’ll stop being so stupid soon.”

 

“I do too.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"But seriously what does he have that I don't?"

 

 

"Jongin..."