Wild Goose Chase

Too Stupid To Be Cupid

“Junmyeonnieeeee!” Baekhyun squealed as he led the elder outside. “Where do you wanna go first?”

 

“Home.” Junmyeon grumbled.

 

“How about the bumper cars?”

 

“I like bumper cars!” Lay shouted, “Let’s go on the bumper cars together!” he said, wrapping his arms around Baekhyun, nuzzling his face into the younger’s shoulder.

 

Baekhyun sighed as he released Junmyeon’s hand, using both hands to pry the lovestruck Chinese boy off of him.

 

“Look, Lay, Yixi- whatever the hell your name is- you are one thirsty piece of , and y’all need to back off me and my man over here- AH WHERE DID JUNMYEON GO”

 

“It doesn’t matter, because you still have me!”

 

“Ahaaaa, let’s not. I’m going to go find Junmyeon.”

 

“I’ll come too!”

 

“You can’t come too.”

 

“But why?”

 

“Because… I- uh- I really need you to help me with something.”

 

Lay’s eyes sparkled as he nodded frantically. “Yes! Anything for you!”

 

“I need you to go count how many people in this amusement park have red hats and kidnap all of them.”

 

Lay was gone before he could even finish his sentence.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Junmyeon slowed his pace as he doubled over, heaving.

 

On the bright side, he was almost positive he lost the two idiots trailing after him.

 

On the not-so-bright side, he was almost positive he had coughed up one of his lungs on the run.

 

He really needed to start working out more.

 

He trudged over to where he saw Minseok and Sehun, quietly enjoying a funnel cake together.

 

“You look like you’re about to die.” Sehun deadpanned as the boy moved to sit down. “Wheres your two person posse?”

 

“They got distracted so I ran away.”

 

“JUNMYEONNIE!” a shrill voice called from the side, said boy whipping his head to the side to see a waving Baekhyun, quickly approaching.

 

“.” he muttered under his breath before getting back up to run again.

 

Sehun turned his head back to Minseok, the elder sitting with his plastic spoon in his mouth, eyes open widely. Sehun suppressed a chuckle.

 

“What is it?”

 

“You just look so cute.”

 

“I’m still your hyung, you know.”

 

“My adorable hyung.”

 

“Guys!” Baekhyun shouted, “Where did Junmy- Is that funnel cake?” he asked, “I like funnel cake.” he added, scooting closer to pick the strawberries off the dessert.  

 

“Holy strawberries are delicious. How much did this cost?”

 

“Like $20.” Sehun said.

 

“Holy why is it so expensive?”

 

“We’re at an amusement park. Everything’s overpriced.”

 

“Ugh. Where’s Junmyeon and his black card when you need him?”

 

“I’LL BUY YOU FUNNEL CAKE, BAEKHYUN!”

 

Baekhyun’s smile faltered as the voice called for him, the boy not needing to turn around to know who it was.

 

He cursed under his breath before scooping the plate of funnel cake into his hands and making a run for it.