Spring Rain

Too Stupid To Be Cupid

“Do you know how to play guitar?” Chanyeol asked over the gentle pitter patter of the light spring rain hitting his umbrella.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Cause I really wanna play guitar with you. Or play guitar while you sing. I’ve never heard you sing before. I mean, I know you sing a lot and very well, but I’ve never personally heard you sing.”

 

Kyungsoo gave Chanyeol a contemplative nod, trying his best to focus on the older boy as his mind kept replaying the events that happened the last time Chanyeol was over. He sighed as he kept his eyes trained on the ground, gripping the grocery bags in his hands a little tighter.


 

“-I know I’m like 4 months late, but I wanna celebrate your birthday. It’s in January, right? That’s so close to Christmas. We should celebrate Christmas together. We can invite Junmyeon and Luhan and Sehun and everybody else and have a big potluck-”

 

If we can even make it to Christmas.

 

 

“-maybe a secret santa? What do you want for Christmas?”

 

 

Chanyeol looked up at him in confusion.

 

“Where am I?” he asked accusingly, the loving gaze shared between them moments ago gone from his eyes.

 

 

“Chanyeol-”

 

 

“Why the hell am I here? What the did you do?”

 

 

“Let- Let me explain-” Kyungsoo started, voice already cracking.

 

 

“Explain what?”

 

 

“C-Chanyeol-”

 

 

“I’m leaving, you ing creep.”


 

“Yeah?”


 

Kyungsoo swallowed the lump in his throat.

 

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked, stopping in his tracks to place his hand, that wasn't holding the umbrella, comfortingly on Kyungsoo’s cheek when the smaller boy stayed quiet.

 

 

“Soo?”

 

 

Trying to elicit a reaction out of the other, Chanyeol gently raised Kyungsoo’s chin with a finger to make eye contact with him.

 

 

"How does a nice gingerbread house sound? I know you like baking." Chanyeol asked softly, wiping away the rain tracks (although it felt a bit too warm to be rain) to keep them from trailing down Kyungsoo’s face.

 

 

Kyungsoo turned away almost reluctantly with a sad smile, causing Chanyeol’s hand to trace a path down the younger's cheek to his chin, fixing Kyungsoo’s attention back on him.

 

“What’s wrong Soo?”

 

“Chanyeol I-I love you.” Kyungsoo said, pausing with his mouth open as if to say something more, but deciding to just give the giant a small peck on the cheek instead. Then, as if the idea came as an afterthought, Kyungsoo tiptoed to give Chanyeol one more kiss on the lips before hurrying away with the taste of tears on his tongue.

 

“Kyungsoo-”

 

 

Chanyeol tried to reach his arm out to grab at him, a few seconds too late as he watched the younger boy run out into the rain.