Stop Being Selfish

Too Stupid To Be Cupid

Luhan lay sprawled out on his bed, grinning when he heard the doorbell ring, already knowing who it’d be. He sat up as Sehun entered the room.

 

“Minseok ditched you again?”
 


“Yup.” Sehun sighed, plopping himself face first onto Luhan’s bed, the older sitting cross legged on his pillow, stuffed toy clutched to his chest.

 

 

“What happened this time?”

 

“Wanted to go play soccer with his friends.”

 

“Minseok plays soccer now?”

 

 

“Yeah. He says everyone in the grade plays soccer now.”

 

 

Luhan cocked his head in confusion. “Oh, okay.” The only people who played soccer in his grade was him and a few mutual friends of theirs.

 

 

Sehun rolled onto his side, looking up at Luhan. “Do you wanna do something today?”

 

 

“Wanna watch a movie?”


 

“Nah, I don’t feel like going out today.”


 

“What if we go get bubble-” Sehun shot up.

 

“Okay, let’s go. Now.”

 

 

“-skirts…”

 

 

“Tea, hyung. It’s pronounced tea.”

 

 

Luhan smiled and rolled his eyes as he heaved himself up and they made their way to a nearby bubble tea shop, occasionally jostling each other’s hips and shoulders along the way.


 

“Sehun, I need to tell you something.” Luhan said as they seated themselves, bubble teas in hand. “I’m going to China next week to go see some relatives.”

 

 

Sehun frowned. “But hyuuuuunnnggg! Who am I gonna hang out with when you’re gone?”

 

“Go make some friends or something.”

 

“But I do have friends! I have you.” Sehun said, smiling widely. Luhan felt his face heat up, mentally blaming it on the hot weather.

 

“Go make friends your age.”

 

“But what am I gonna do without my best friend?”


 

Luhan rolled his eyes, wringing his hands over the stuffed animal he forgot he was holding.


 

“Here.” Luhan said, holding up his stuffed animal. “You can keep this until I get back.”

 

“But Luhan, Pinku Pinku is your favourite stuffed animal.”

 

“I’m too old to be playing with stuffed animals anyways. Here, take it.” he insisted holding the toy closer to Sehun.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Would I be giving him to you if I wasn’t sure?”

 

Sehun beamed. “Thank you hyung.”

 

 

Luhan felt his heart beat faster every time he saw Sehun after that day.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Luhan’s eyes widened in surprise as Sehun left the supply closet, eyes watery and frame shaking.

 

“L-luhan.” he croaked as the older boy pulled Sehun into his embrace. “He rejected me.”

 

 

“What happened?” he asked, smiling despite himself.


 

“He said he just doesn’t have time for me anymore.”

 

“It’s okay Sehunnie. I’ll always be here for you.” Luhan whispered into Sehun’s shirt, still considerably shorter than the younger.


 

“Thanks hyung. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

 

 

“You’d probably be dying in a pit somewhere in Loserville.” Luhan joked, thankfully getting a small chuckle out of the taller. “Come on, let’s go get some bubble tea. My treat.”


 

Sehun stood straight, wiping the tears from his eyes, slightly smiling. “Thanks hyung.

 

 

Luhan’s face heated up, as it did every time he saw Sehun’s smile, feeling even happier knowing that smile was meant for him. Not Minseok, not anybody else. Just him.

 

 

“Oh, right, I almost forgot.” Luhan said as they left the building. “I have something for you.” he reached into his bag, pulling out the familiar rilakkuma doll.

 

“Pinku Pinku.” Sehun breathed as Luhan held it out for him.


 

“He always seemed to make you happier, so I brought him just in case.” The older boy chuckled as thehun (sorry, couldn’t resist) hugged it close. “You can keep him if you want. I just keep him in my closet anyways.”


 

Sehun looked at the shorter in disbelief before smiling wider, pulling Luhan into another hug.


 

“Thank you hyung.” he said, pulling away and giving Luhan a quick peck on the cheek, both boys blushing furiously.


 

“I-I’m sorry, I just- um- bubble tea.” Sehun said, head hanging low, finger pointed to the store. Luhan nodded, running into the store, leaving behind the flushed boy.

 

 

He returned shortly, finding Sehun where he had left him, his face still red.

 

“Here’s your bubble tea.” Luhan said, snapping Sehun out of his reverie.

 

“T-thanks.” he said, quickly grabbing it.

 

 

It took about 50 apologies and 21 ‘I didn’t mean it’s for Sehun to let that one go, Luhan constantly touching the place where Sehun’s lips met his cheek as Sehun went on.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Luhan wanted to listen, he really did, but his bladder really just didn’t give a anymore. It only took a few minutes of squirming in his seat for him to snap.


 

“Do you want to get peed on?”

 

 

“Not particularly…”

 

 

“Then how about paying attention to my needs for once before it ends up all over you and everything you love?”

 

 

“Ugh. First door on the right.”

 

 

Luhan sighed, opening the door to find a very pink room and Sehun’s sister, who was in the middle of changing into a snakeskin mini skirt and red halter top combination. She turned as she heard the door open, screaming at the top of her lungs when she saw a confused Luhan in the doorway. He apologized profusely before storming back into Sehun’s room with a scowl.

 

 

Sehun smirked. “Sorry, I meant the other right.”

 

 

“Goddamn it Sehun. Why do I even like you?” he muttered under his breath, entering the empty bathroom.

 

 

He sighed in relief (nothing better than the feeling of getting to let out that chunk of pee you’ve been holding in) and was washing his hands when he felt his phone buzz. He furrowed his brows in confusion when he saw the caller ID, answering it nonetheless.


 

“Hello?”
 

 

“Yah, what’s taking you so long?”

 

“Sehun, you’re literally 2 rooms away, why do you need to call me?”

 

“It’s cause you’re a whole 2 rooms away.”

 

 

“Get off your once in a while, yeah?”
 


“We can’t all play soccer, Luhan.”

 

 

“This kid… What do you even need? I’m coming over now anyways.”


 

“You were taking a long time. I just wanted to make sure you weren’t or something.”
 

 

“WHAT!?” Luhan screamed in indignation, blushing profusely as he made his way to the maknae’s room.

 

“You do weird Luhan. Let’s be honest, even if you were in there, it’d probably still be the most normal thing you’ve done this month.”

 

 

“Oh Sehun, you are so gonna get it.” Luhan said, slamming the door open, causing Sehun to squeal and hide behind the first thing he could pick up in an attempt to defend himself, the ‘shield’ being Pinku Pinku. Luhan rolled his eyes, approaching Sehun and snaking his arm around the younger’s neck, slowly applying pressure.


 

“Get your mind out of the gutter, ya nasty.”

 

 

It was only after Sehun had squeaked from pain did Sehun’s sister make a retching sound, causing the two to turn their attention towards the door.


 

“Next time you two are gonna get intimate, close the goddamn door.” she said, slamming it shut. The two blushed when they noticed how close they were to each other, fleeing to different parts of the room.

 

 

Luhan's cheeks turned a lot pinker than usual that day.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Luhan picked up his buzzing phone without checking the caller ID, knowing Sehun was pretty much the only one who called him - aside from Junmyeon occasionally calling to summon him for a cupid meeting, but that was really rare… his terrible aim might have something to do with it though.


 

“Be patient you little brat, I’m coming out soon.” Luhan said with a smile as he slipped his shoes on.

 

 

“Luhan?” Luhan stopped in confusion. That wasn’t Sehun’s voice. He checked the caller ID.


 

“What do you want?”
 

 

Can you meet me on the field?”

 

 

“Why? Coach told you to clean up.”
 


I’m not asking for help- I just- can you please come out?”

 

“I don’t think you’re in a position to be asking anything of me, Minseok.”

 

“I know, I know. Just- please.”


 

“Fine. I’ll be out in a bit.” he said hanging up the phone and reluctantly walking outside to see the eldest boy alone on the field.

 

 

“What is it?” Luhan asked impatiently, wanting nothing to do with the boy that broke his crush’s heart.


 

“Hey. There’s really no easy way for me to say this-”

 

“You sound as if you ran over my dog with your bike.”

 

Minseok flushed, staring at his shoes, chuckling quietly. “Actually no, it’s something else.” he said, inching closer to the younger. “I’ve been feeling this way for a while and-”

 

“This is not happening right now.” Luhan muttered under his breath.


 

“- well, I really like you Luhan. A lot. Since a few years ago, actually. I’ll be honest, I only started soccer because I wanted to impress you.”

 

“Says the captain of the soccer team.”


 

Minseok rubbed the back of his neck, chuckling. “I wanted to make sure I got on the team so I could impress you somehow. I figured if I worked hard enough to be captain, I would get your attention.”

 

“Well you got my attention one way or another.”

 

“Well, Luhan, do you wanna go get something to eat after this? I see you drink bubble tea a lot, maybe you’d wanna go do that? With me?”

 

“I’m sorry Minseok, but I can’t go out with you. I already like someone else.”

 

Luhan watched as Minseok’s face fell.


 

“It’s nothing personal, I just don’t like you like that. We’ve been friends for a while, and that’s what we should stay as. Friends. I’m sorry, Minseok, but I gotta go.”

 

 

Poor Sehun. He would be heartbroken if he knew.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Luhan sighed. At long last, he had managed to put his diaper on. People take for granted how easy it is to put diapers on yourself. All though he assumes that that thought probably hasn’t crossed many people’s minds before.

 

 

He checks himself over one more time in the empty changeroom, everyone previously inside quickly evacuating when they caught sight of Luhan’s bag, what with the arrows inside. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to understand that when Luhan had a bag of sharp items, things didn’t exactly end well for the people around him.


 

“Minseok makes Sehun happy. Stop being selfish.” he said to his reflection, reluctantly shouldering his quiver and picking up his bow. “Stop being selfish.” he muttered to himself as he called the all too familiar number.

 

 

“Hello?”

 

 

“Sehun?”

 

 

“Hey, what’s up? I’ve been waiting for you for the past 30 minutes.”

 


“Sorry about that. Can you meet me outside the change room?”

 

 

“Yeah, sure, give me a bit.”

 

 

Luhan lowered his phone, hanging up. He made eye contact with his reflection, muttering one final ‘Stop being selfish’ before walking back outside and pasting on a smile when he spotted his crush.


 

“Sehun! Over here!”

 

 

Stop being selfish.