How Not To Cook A Meal

Too Stupid To Be Cupid

“Are you sure we can just leave?”


 

“Yeah, don’t mind them, let’s just go.”

 

“But what do we do when they finish and we’re gone?”

 

“Not my problem.”

 

 

“But-”

 

 

“Shhhhh, come on, before they notice us leaving.” Kyungsoo quickly grabbed Chanyeol’s hand and tugged the giant behind him as he speed walked out of the supermarket, eyes never leaving the crowd milling by the cheeseballs.

 

 

Chanyeol followed obediently, occasionally sparing a worried glance over but staying silent as he allowed himself to be led.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“JUST TRUST ME HERE!” Chanyeol screamed, arm resting on the kitchen counter, free hand stirring the contents of the saucepan, one foot keeping him balanced and the other preventing Kyungsoo from coming any further.

 

 

“GET YOUR FOOT OFF MY STOMACH!”

 

 

“I WOULD IF YOU JUST TRUSTED ME!” Chanyeol replied, “NOW IF YOU’LL EXCUSE ME, I HAVE SOMETHING TO ATTEND TO!”

 

 

Kyungsoo huffed in frustration, reaching into the cupboard and pulling out a large bag. Dipping his hand in, the boy scooped up a handful of the contents, throwing it at the back Chanyeol’s head, the taller slowly turning to face a grinning Kyungsoo, the boy’s smile dropping the moment Chanyeol fully faced him.


 

For the first time since he met Chanyeol, confused as hell in the gym, Kyungsoo was genuinely afraid of the older, the boy looking crazed as he looked at Kyungsoo with wide eyes, a straight face and a ladle Kyungsoo was sure Chanyeol was gonna use to bludgeon him with when the giant cracked a smile, sticking his ladle in the bag of flour and whipping it at the younger.


 

“And that’s what you get for that.” Chanyeol said with a wink, ruffling the younger’s hair.

 

 

“Oh no you didn’t.” Kyungsoo muttered, flicking another handful of flour at the taller, informally challenging him to engage in mortal combat (a flour fight).

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Dinnertime found the two covered in flour - and other ingredients - from head to toe, sitting across from each other, goofy smiles plastered to their face.


 

“Are you sure this is edible Yeol?”

 

 

“You don’t trust me?”

 

“No, it’s not that, it’s just- I don’t think bibimbap is meant to be black.”

 

“Hush, just eat it.”

 

“My spidey senses are telling me this is a bad idea.”

 

“Your spidey senses need to take a break and enjoy this delicious home cooked meal.”

 

 

Kyungsoo reluctantly eyed the spoonful of mixed rice Chanyeol was holding out for him before leaning in to eat it.

 

 

The younger chewed carefully before swallowing it and giving Chanyeol a reluctant smile. “Okay, it’s pretty good.”

 

“Damn straight. You owe me an apology.”

 


“Fine, I’m sorry I doubted your cooking.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“GODDAMN IT CHANYEOL!” Kyungsoo shouted as he rolled around his bed, arms clutching his stomach. “I KNEW IT WAS A BAD IDEA TO EAT YOUR COOKING!”

 

 

“WHY ARE YOU WHINING?” Chanyeol complained, clutching his own stomach on the floor next to the shorter. “I’M IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU, ONLY YOU GET A BED TO ROLL AROUND!”

 

“CAN WE JUST AGREE THAT YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED TO COOK EVER AGAIN?”

 

“THAT’S NOT FAIR! IF YOU HADN’T THROWN FLOUR AT ME-”

 

 

“YOU SHOULD’VE LET ME HELP COOK!”

 

“IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SPECIAL BECAUSE I COOKED IT FOR YOU! NOW SCOOT.” Chanyeol whined as he stood up, flopping onto the bed the second Kyungsoo had moved over.

 

“Next time, can we make it a special meal because we cooked it together?” Kyungsoo whispered into Chanyeol’s chest, the taller’s arms flung around Kyungsoo’s waist.


 

“Mmhmm.” He hummed into Kyungsoo’s hair, the shorter boy smiling.


 

“You’re an idiot, and a horrid chef.” Kyungsoo smiled.


 

“I know. Next time we can be idiots and horrid chefs together.”

 

“Yah! I’m not a bad chef!”

 

“Call me crazy, but I somehow don’t believe that.”

 

“You’re crazy. I’ll prove it to you. What do you like to eat?”

 

“Galbi.”

 

“Then get ready for the best meal of your life.”