A Trip To the Supermarket

Too Stupid To Be Cupid

“But Kyungsooooooooooo, what about my needs?”

 

 

Kyungsoo sighed for the upteenth time, massaging his temples. “Junmyeon, I swear you’re becoming more and more childish every day. I need to eat. It’s more important than your stupid love affairs.”

 

 

“It’s not my fault I have an idiot stuck to me wherever I go!”

 

 

“Yeah okay whatever, I’m gonna go get food. You guys just … try not to kill each other.”

 

 

“But Kyungsoooooooooooooooooo”

 

“Just learn to live with it. I did.”

 

 

“But Chanyeol is sweet and friendly and tries to cook for you! Baek literally just twirls around the apartment asking me if his outfit makes him look bloated.”

 

 

“This is why I don’t like spending time at home.”

 

 

“Exactly!”

 

 

“Great.” Kyungsoo sighed. “So we’ve come to an understanding. I’m leaving. Bye guys, and don’t break anything unless you want an arrow up the .”

 

 

“I thought that threat only applied to Luhan.”

 

 

“It won’t if you break something.” The cupid replied calmly as he grabbed his keys, pausing in front of the door as if waiting for something.

 

 

Everyone quickly took several steps back as Chanyeol barreled across the room and slammed into Kyungsoo from behind, picking him up from behind the waist and walking out the door.

 

 

“Oh hell no.” Junmyeon muttered, following the two out with Baek happily trailing behind him.

 

 

“JUNMYEONNIE WAIT FOR ME!”


 

“I LIKE SUPERMARKETSSSSSSSSSS” Luhan shouted, dragging out the ‘s’ as he ran outside.

 

 

“Ith he mocking me?” Sehun said to no one in particular, following the older boy out as he muttered excuses about having a retainer.

 

 

“YAY GROCERIES! SEHUNNIE LET’S GO!” Minseok shouted, forcefully looping his arm around Sehun’s and skipping out the door together

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Goddamn it Junmyeon.” Kyungsoo muttered as the idiot army behind him danced around the subway cart. “This was only supposed to be me and Chanyeol.”


 

“You’re not leaving me alone with them Kyungsoo.”

 

“Remind me who’s older here, Junmyeon.”

 

“That means practically nothing Kyungsoo. Don’t forget Luhan’s the oldest of us three.”

 

 

The two simultaneously turned to the eldest cupid to find him randomly tripping up subway goers and babbling about how he's so sorry he has no foot-eye coordination as the maknae rolled his eyes at his idiot of a best friend, trying his hardest to ignore Minseok, who was forcefully tucking himself into Sehun’s coat like Kyungsoo with Chanyeol without much success.

 

 

The youngest of the cupids sighed, leaning back onto the giant who refused to let go of him and found himself in a familiar position, jammed back into Chanyeol’s coat. Despite the awkward looks they got from the other commuters sitting across from them, Kyungsoo found himself strangely enjoying the lovable crazy giant’s ways, closing his eyes and listening to the steady beating of his heartbeat.

 

 

When they reached their stop, Chanyeol let Kyungsoo out from inside his coat so they won’t have to trip each other up waddling out the subway, opting to hold his hand instead.

 

 

"GUYS!" Kyungsoo shouted, the group of idiots immediately shutting up and turning to face the short boy. "WE ARE ENTERING A SUPERMARKET NOW. YOU WILL STOP ACTING LIKE A BAND OF MONKEYS ON CRACK."

 

 

The group nodded wordlessly as they walked in.

 

 

"Junmyeonnie, I want cheeseballs!" Baekhyun stated, dragging a less than willing Junmyeon to the refrigerated section and riffling through the various brands and flavours.

 

 

After a few dragged out minutes of “should we get the ones with dill pickle or bacon?” and the god awful crinkling sound of the bags moving around Junmyeon wants to kill himself, and is about to act on it when-

 

 

“Baek, what are you doing here?”

 

 

“Hunting elephants.” Baekhyun replied without looking turning towards the voice, completely oblivious to Junmyeon’s palpitating heart and sweating hands.

 

 

Lay laughed good naturedly and went to stand beside the shorter boy, looking over the cheeseball section appraisingly.

 

 

“Oh, by the way Baekhyun, you were right, cheeseballs are good.”

 

 

Should I approach him? Should I wait? Should I go up acting cool and suave and charm him into submission with my superior looks and unique sense of humor? Junmyeon wondered to himself as he watched Baekhyun and Lay interact; he himself hiding behind the long- fridge and peering over the edge. Okay that’s it. I’m going to bust some of my hot moves in front of that sweet here goes.

 

 

"Heyyy babyyyyy" Junmyeon drawled as he swaggled up to his crush, resting his elbows on their shoulders. It made for a rather awkward position, considering their height difference, and Junmyeon quickly gave up, opting to cross his arms instead.

 

 

“Oh hey, you’re Ju- J- June … something, right? You can call me Lay.” The chinese boy bowed and held out his hand with a sweet smile, effectively stopping Junmyeon’s heart in the process.

 

 

we’re on a nickname basis now oh my god this is happening what do I do mayday mayday he wants to shake my hand but they’re clammy someone help me Baek if you love me as much as you claim you do you will save me from this predicament.

 

 

Junmyeon opened his mouth to speak before Yixing tensed up and almost fell into his arms, the older looking behind him to see Luhan getting another arrow from his quiver.

 

“You’re welcome.” Luhan said haughtily, and for once Junmyeon kind of believed Luhan when he said “I told you I’m not a total screw up”.

 

 

“Thank you.” he mouthed, cradling Yixing’s body lovingly and fighting the urge to punch the boy behind him.


 

“Myeonnie! How could you do this to me? I CAN CHANGE!” Baekhyun sobbed, holding Junmyeon desperately.

 

 

“Congratulations Junmyeon, Yixing now officially likes you back.” Luhan said, coming closer and ruffling Lay’s hair. “Congratulations XingXing for capturing the heart of an idiot.”

 

“Yixing? Who’s Yixing?”

 

“Wow. You sure are good at this.”

 

“That’s me Myeonnie!” Lay said, nuzzling his face into Junmyeon’s chest. “I told people to call me Lay since not everyone here can pronounce my name.”

 

 

“OH NO YOU DIDN’T!” Baekhyun shouted, trying his best to separate the two. “JUNMYEONNIE IS MINE, DON’T EVEN TRY RIGHT NOW!”

 

 

“Why didn’t you ever tell me?” Junmyeon asked the older boy, trying his best to tune out the sobbing boy next to him.

 

Luhan shrugged. “, you never asked.”

 

 

“Don’t call me a , .”

 

“Is this how it’s gonna be ?”

 

 

“Yeah .”

 

 

“Fine.” Luhan said, notching another arrow, Junmyeon’s eyes going wide.

 

“I don't wanna play this game anymore.”


 

“TOO LATE .” Luhan shouts dramatically, releasing the arrow straight into Yixing’s , who, up until then had been in the middle of a heated ‘that man is my man’ argument with Baekhyun.

 

 

Junmyeon’s mouth dropped open in horror as he watched his precious XingXing turn to Baekhyun with a soft gaze, cupping his face and brushing his cheek with his thumb lovingly.

 

 

Baekhyun’s face screwed up in disgust, and he pushed Yixing’s hand away roughly, choosing instead to drape himself all over Junmyeon. “I know I’m irresistable and all, but seriously Lay, you’ve got to control your hormones. I’ve already got a man, and I ain’t no player. I’m beautiful and yous pitiful, so back off.”

 

 

Lay’s face fell, and Junmyeon felt his heart wrench at the sight, instinctively going over to comfort the boy in a hug.

 

 

“GODDAMN IT LUHAN! THINGS WERE FINALLY GOING MY WAY!” he shouted at the other cupid.

 

 

“No one. No one calls Luhan a . Apologize, jackass.”

 

“WHAT? NO!”

 

 

“Apologize and I’ll make Yixing love you again.”

 

 

Junmyeon sighed, regaining his composure “Fine! I’m sorry Luhan.”

 

“That’s what I thought. .” Luhan muttered, reaching back for his quiver, brows furrowing in confusion when he felt nothing. “Guess I’m out of arrows. #sorrynotsorry”

 

“You’re the biggest of us all.”

 


A/N 

And so another part of a chapter based off a gifset. Did anybody catch it? 

image      

tumblr_inline_mq05prozZQ1qz4rgp.gif

If you're confused, this guy is Brian Joo, AKA MY HERO. THIS GUY IS SO FREAKING SASSY IT HURTS LIKE UGH

SOMEBODY PLEASE FIND HIM PRETENDING TO HAVE A FIGHT WITH G.NA, ITS COMPLETELY IN ENGLISH.

-byunsbaekery