Of Satan and Funnel Cakes

Too Stupid To Be Cupid

See the thing was, everything was fine.

 

That is, until Junmyeon opened his mouth.

 

“Guys we should actually do something.”

 

Sehun looked up from where he and Minseok were watching movies on his iPad.

 

“We are doing something.” Sehun said blankly, like he couldn’t process the fact that watching Miranda Kerr movies didn’t count as a proper activity.

 

“I meant something everyone can do, all together.”

 

“Well, we could all watch a movie together.”

 

“But we can do that at home,” Junmyeon protested. “We’re on vacation now so we should explore what this place has to offer. Plus, your obsession with Miranda Kerr is concerning to say the least.”

 

“First off, you are in no position to judge me. Second, why do Chanyeol and Kyungsoo get to make out in the corner? Why can’t they do that at home?”

 

“They’re what?” Junmyeon said, eyes going wide as they scanned the room. “OH MY GOD STOP EATING EACH OTHER’S FACES, WE’RE GOING OUT!”

 

“JUST BECAUSE YOU’RE OLD AND IMPOTENT DOESN’T MEAN WE ARE TOO!” Kyungsoo shouted.

 

“Old and impotent? Old and impotent? I’M 17 YOU MOTHERER! IF ANYONE’S OLD AND IMPOTENT IS MINSEOK, LUHAN, AND YIFAN OVER THERE!”

 

“In his defense, I don’t think Minseok, Luhan, or Yifan spend their free time at parks to give clueless 5 year olds lessons on how important it is to invest in savings bonds.” Chanyeol added.

 

“PARK CHANYEOL, DON’T YOU SASS ME. IT’S NOT MY FAULT YOUR BOYFRIEND IS A LITTLE PREPUBESCENT SPAWN OF SATAN.”

 

“The did you just say about me?” Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes, slowly standing from his seat. Fear flashed through Junmyeon’s eyes as his face went white as a sheet.

 

“A-and by spawn of Satan, I mean… uh … Satan’s greatest and manliest y creation, a hot piece of that the evil one will forever be proud of?”

 

“That’s what I thought. .”

 

“Don’t call me a , .”

 

“I’ll call you a if I wanna call you a , .”

 

“Is that how it’s gonna be, ?”

 

“Yeah .”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes before standing up. “Minseok, let’s go before someone else gets stabbed.”

 

“Let’s go eat funnel cake!” Minseok shouted, hopping up.

 

“I like funnel cake…” Chanyeol muttered. “Soo, do you wanna go too?”

 

Kyungsoo’s hard glare softened as his gaze met the giant’s. “Sure, Yeol.”

 

“Damn straight.” Junmyeon muttered under his breath as the two grabbed their things.

 

“Myeonnie! Let’s go too!” Baekhyun shouted, jumping onto the back of an unsuspecting Junmyeon, effectively flattening him to the ground.

 

“Kyungsoo-” he heaved. “I’m sorry, don’t leave me here with these two.”

 

“TOO LATE BIATCH” Kyungsoo shouted on his way out the door, leaving Subaeklay to jump each other’s bones as they please.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Sehun chuckled as he trailed behind Minseok, the older boy skipping across the park in search for funnel cake.

 

“Sehunnie!” Minseok exclaimed, turning around to grab Sehun’s wrist. “Over there!”

 

“Yeah okaaa- why the is iT TWENTY DOLLARS APIECE!?

 

Minseok shrugged. “What did you expect? Everything here is overpriced and crappy but people will buy it anyway for their date because pride.”

 

“But I’m a cheap high school student who’s broke as all hell and sold the last broken shards of my pride along with my left kidney on the black market ages ago, why the would I spend twenty dollars on some glorified rice krispies with some cold whipped cow juice and strawberries when we can just go across the street and get some ice cream and fruit and make it ourselv-” Sehun was interrupted by the loud rumbling noises coming from both their stomachs and groaned. “UGH FINE SINCE YOU INSIST”

 

“But- I could pay?”

 

“NO JESUS ING CHRIST YOU’RE MY DATE JUST LET ME PAY FOR ’S SAKE DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE OF GUILT FROM MAKING DEAR OLD SQUISHY HYUNG PAY FOR THE FIRST DATE YOU-”

 

Minseok held up a hand in confusion. “Wait. You think this is a date?”

 

Sehun blinked. “It’s not?”

 

“I dunno, is it?”

 

“I mean, I thought it was…”

 

“But I thought you didn’t… well….”

 

“Didn’t what?”

 

“Didn’t like me?”

 

“Why would you think that?”

 

Now it was Minseok’s turn to blink in confusion. Part of him kind of wanted to shout out that it didn’t matter because now that Sehun does apparently like him, he can pay more attention to their child and him and they can cuddle and have bubble cake and funnel tea together, but the other part of Minseok wanted to say no.

 

“Well…” Minseok stuttered, flushing a shade of pink. Sehun smiled as he ruffled the elder’s hair.


“Come on, let’s go get some funnel cake.”