Of Vending Machines and A Lost Chocopie

Too Stupid To Be Cupid

“Oh Sehun?” Mrs. Kim called impatiently for the second time. “Does anybody know where Sehun is?”

 

 

“I can go find him.” Luhan said, raising his hand.

 

“Okay, go. Be back in 20 minutes. Now, take out your homework-”


 

Luhan sighed as he left the classroom. “What did Sehun do now? He’s never late to class.” he muttered to himself, quietly hissing Sehun’s name as he walked through the halls.

 

 

“Luhan?” Sehun’s voice called, Luhan turning the corner and bursting out in laughter.

 

 

“ you,” Sehun sighed, “you could at least help me.”

 

“H-How did you- manage this?” Luhan spoke between giggles as Sehun sighed again.

 

 

“It’s a long story. So, it started when I woke up and Jongin who still won’t leave, by the way, thanks for that-  wanted to- LUHAN DON’T YOU DARE!” he shouted as he heard the shutter of Luhan’s camera go off, hiding his face in shame.

 

 

“Oh, Jongin’s gonna love this.” Luhan laughed as he pocketed his phone. “So what were you saying?”

 

“I slept in this morning cause Jongin took over my bed last night and I had to sleep on the floor while the little brat continued to dog ear my comic books, plus, he turned off my alarm so he wouldn’t get woken up too, my mom shouted at me to get my ‘fatass up’, I didn’t have enough time to eat breakfast, so I ran to school and in a fit of hunger, came to the vending machine to get a snack, but the freaking chocopie wouldn’t come out of this god awful machine.”

 

“So that’s why your-”

 

“Hand is up the vending machine? Yes. Now help meeeeeeee.”

 

 

Luhan stifled his laughter as he looked at Sehun in all his golden misery, the boy squatting awkwardly with his arm stuck inside the machine, hand grazing the silver ring that his chocopie was stuck onto. So close, yet so far away.

 

 

“So are you gonna help me?”

 

“Sure, let me just get a janitor-”

 

“NO! NO ONE CAN KNOW ABOUT THIS!”

 

“I’m expected to bring you back to class in 20 minutes. It’s been 10 minutes. What do you suppose we do?”

 

 

“I don’t know. Just please get me out of this.”

 

“What do I get out of this?”

 

“Would half a chocopie work for you?”

 

“No.”

 

“Hyung! Come onnnnn! I can’t feel my arm!”

 

“And whose fault is that?”

 

“Yours! If you hadn’t stabbed Minseok, I wouldn’t be stuck doing maternal training with him and Jongin wouldn’t have

booted me to the floor and I wouldn’t have woken up late and I wouldn’t be stuck like this!”

 

“Well, if that’s all, I’m gonna be going now.”

 

“Wait! Okay, fine, I’m sorry, just- please help me out here.”

 

 

“On one condition.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“You’ll be my servant forever.”

 

“Servant?"

 

 

"Servant, man slave, whatever you wanna call it."

 

 

"What? No!"

 

 

"Then I'll be going to class. Have fun with that.

 

 

"Ugh, fine, fine, just let me out.”

 

Luhan sighed as he knelt down next to Sehun, grabbing a hold of the arm stuck inside and yanking. Hard.

 

“OH MY GOD LUHAN-” he shouted, clutching his arm, now free from the vending machine. “DID YOU JUST DISLOCATE MY SHOULDER?”

 

 

“Don’t get your in a knot.” Luhan muttered as he grabbed Sehun’s arm, shoving it back into the socket. “It’s like you don’t trust me anymore.”

 

“WHAT DID YOU JUST DO TO ME?”


 

“I dislocated your shoulder and popped it back into its socket.”

 

“WHY?”

 

“Cause you needed to get out?”

 

“YOU COULD’VE BROKEN SOMETHING!”

 

 

“You say as if I don’t know what I’m doing. I’ve gotten my arm popped out of the socket before, Sehun. At least now you get to skip class.”

 

“WAIT WAIT WAIT, WHEN DID YOU EVER GET YOUR ARM-”

 

“I was dancing on a chair and fell off, okay? Now, let’s get you to the nurse’s office.”


 

“B-but- my chocopie-” Sehun stammered weakly still clutching his hurt arm.

 

“I’ll buy you another one later, now walk.”