A Few Months Late

Too Stupid To Be Cupid

Hours passed, and Sehun’s head swimming with confusion. He felt… strange.

 

He barely even responded to Jongin’s usual remark once he got home, sparking concern even in the young cupid.

 

“Minseok?” Sehun began tentatively, inching into the room where the elder lay sprawled out on the bed.

 

“What’s up?” Minseok asked, sitting up, a bright smile on his face.

 

“I need to talk to you.”

 

~~~~~~~

 

“I need to go to the bathroom real quick. Jeremy, do you think you can behave yourself for 2 minutes?” Tao shouted into the depths of his closet, the monster making a high pitched sound to mock Tao’s voice.

 

Jongdae chuckled. “Don’t worry about us. I’ll just take some time to bond with Jeremy.”

 

Tao rolled his eyes, smiling as he left the room, Jongdae reaching into his man-purse- or satchel as he prefers- and pulls out a bouquet of flowers tossing each, one by one, into the closet, the monster making pleased noises in response.

 

“You know, you’re actually pretty well behaved.” he cooed, tossing another flower in. “You’re better than Melissa by a long shot at least, he’s just a nightmare.”

 

Jeremy made another sound, and Jongdae thought it might’ve been the closet monster equivalent of a sneeze.

 

“What? You don’t believe me?” Jongdae asked, hoping that’s what Jeremy actually said. “I’d show you pictures as proof, but he’s camera shy. He’s been pretty insecure ever since my mom visited and was all ‘omgg Melissa you’ve gained so much weight since I last saw you!’ and of course mom meant it in a good way but it’s not something you forget easily, you know?”

 

Jeremy nodded and growled a bit, all the while inching slowly out of the closet and towards the satchel of flowers that Jongdae had all but forgotten about.

 

“She says ‘we’ve all been there before, Melissa needs to grow some balls’” Tao translated as he walked back into the room, just in time to see Jeremy butting her head against a blushing Jongdae’s leg in a little blob of shadow pooling around his feet.

 

~~~~~~

 

“Well, quite frankly, the spell did wear off.”

 

“It did? When?”

 

“Sometime about two months ago. Imagine my surprise when I wake up in an unfamiliar bed next to an unfamiliar figure. It had been a while, but I still remembered what your room looked like well enough to piece together where I was.”

 

“Why didn’t you say anything earlier?”

 

“I don’t know why. All I know is that I’m happy I didn’t. I saw the way that Luhan looked at you. The way he looks at Yifan.” Minseok chuckled bitterly. “I knew I had no chance with him by then. I know that soccer’s taken away a lot of the time we used to spend together, so I took the spell, or lack thereof, to take the time to properly be with you again. I have to say, I really missed it. But, at some point, the ‘lovey-dovey’ act stopped being so much of an act as it was just instinct. It’s really easy to fall in love with you Sehun, and I suppose that even if I’m not completely over Luhan yet I might feel something for you? I’m not sure how platonic, or not platonic these feelings are yet but I’d still be willing to give us a try?”

 

“M-Minseok, I-”

 

“I know I’m more than a bit late, but can I still take you up on that dance offer?”

 

Sehun smiled, tackling the elder in a hug. “You’re an idiot and like several months late and the dance is over. But, yes, of course.”




 

"But, what did you mean about Luhan?"