To audition or not to audition

You Are Not My Boyfriend

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“Jenny ah, can we get the show on the road or what?”

“Wait!” I ran down out to the living room and stopped in front of Mrs Cho, “Umma, is everything okay? Do I look okay? Is everything straight? Do I look okay?”

I nervously straightened out my clothes. Gosh, I am so nervous right now. I’ve never been so nervous to go to an audition before. Then again, this one will determine whether or not I get to go to the school on scholarship or not.

Mrs Cho smiled as she your hair, “You’re fine. Stop worrying. You’ll be fine.”

I pursed my lips together and nodded my head, “I’ll be fine. Plus I’ve rehearsed the song a lot of times.”

“Nonstop,” said Mr Lee as he handed me my school bag.

I grabbed my bag and put it on my back. “Thank you. And I have practised playing the song on the piano so much.”

“That you memorised it and can play it backwards.”

“Appa, it’s all good right? I’ll be fine right?” I asked just to reassure myself because right now, I feel like running into my room and curling up into a ball and never come out of my room.

“Jenny ah, you don’t have to worry, you can ace this,” said Gi Kwang oppa as he led me out the house.

I know that they’re trying to comfort but my nerves are… oh my gosh. I’m going to die. I’m going to run out of breathe.

“Breathe… Jenny ah, breathe…”

I took in a deep breath, nodded my head and exhaled, “Alright. Let’s do this!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I can’t do this!” I turned around as soon as I reached the school gates.

“Oh no you’re not.” Gi Kwang grabbed me by the shoulders and led me towards the school.

I moaned as I walked down the footpath towards the building, “Oppa. I can’t do this.”

“You can do it.”

“Nah-uh,” I shook my head.

Gi Kwang oppa stared at me, “Jenny ah. I know that you can ace this. You are amazing; I’ve heard you sing in the car, on the bus, on the subway and trust me; you sing very loud when you’re in the shower.”

“Oppa!”

Gi Kwang oppa laughed, “You’ve been living with my family since you were 7. I think I was bound to hear you sing in the shower. It’s been 8 years.”

“Fine, I’ll go.”

“Alrighty,” oppa nodded his head, “Hurry and go because I have to go to school. All you know that I’m completely supporting you but you must not step out these gates until you’ve done the audition okay?”

I nodded my head obediently.

“Good luck little sis.”

“Thanks,” I smiled faintly before despondently walking towards the building.

My heart is beating so quickly, I should really find someone like me... I should search a place for a nervous, fear stricken person like me. I walked towards the large sign ‘AUDITIONS FOR 2011 ENTRANTS HERE’ and prayed as I slowly walked up the steps.

“Yes mum...” I heard someone speak in English in a nervous tone. Awesome! Someone who is nervous, fear stricken and speaks English. Just like me.

“I’ll be fine... yes... yes...no... My nervousness is fine. Mum, you don’t have to worry. Bye...”

The girl hung up and I walked up to behind her, “You nervous?”

The girl jumped and stared at me. Okay, so there were many other methods that I could have approached her without looking all weird and creepy. Like a simple ‘hello’ or ‘Hi, are you auditioning as well?’ but no... I had to say ‘you nervous?’ which makes me look as if I’m eavesdropping on her. Oh fudgecakes...

“I-urgh... um... yeah. That obvious?”

Oh! She doesn’t think I’m a creep! Alrighty, I can make a friend. Oh gosh, I’m so weird...

“Um... well, you’re sweating.”

She smiled nervously before smiling at me, “You’re also auditioning?”

I smiled lightly as I nodded my head, “Yepp, I am going to audition for the prestigious Anyang High School of Arts.”

“Whoa, you seem so confident... Oh!” the girl laughed as she hit her forehead with her palm, “I haven’t introduced my selfish, my name is Somonique but you should call me Som.”

“Oh, well my name is Jenny but you can call me Jenny.”

Som laughed, “Jenny-sshi, are you auditioning as a first year?”

I nodded my head and smiled, “Yeah I am, and I’m guessing by you asking me that question, you’re going to be a first year as well?”

Som nodded her head and moved her head towards the hall, “Shall we go get our numbers for the audition?”

“That would be smart idea,” I chuckled as we walked towards the hall.

We got our numbers and I was number 27 while Som was number 42 which meant that we wouldn’t be lining up together which because I’ll be loner the whole waiting time...

“Can you wait for me after your auditions?” Som asked me.

“No probs, you’re a friend,” I smiled.

Som put her arm around my shoulder, “Yeah and we’ll be lightly insulting each other like best friends do in no time.”

“Let’s hope so.”

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~