70. There will be four

Eunsun: A star for the king

The next few days proved nerve racking for the group. Eunsun was in her room trying to be patient as she waited for Gyuri, Seungyeon and JiHye to return. Today was the second day of her three day fast. Youngmin had assumed she hadn’t been feeling well so he let the first day go without any worry. But when she didn’t have breakfast that morning he secretly booked a doctor’s appointment for her.

“Are you worried?” Hodong walked over to Eunsun who remained stiff. “You haven’t moved since they left. That was two hours ago.”

“I can’t stand waiting and not knowing what’s happening.” Eventually Hodong managed to convince Eunsun to do something else while she wait and so that activity ended up being arranging some flowers he’d picked from the palace gardens. She hadn’t done it in a while so she felt her technique was rusty but the end result still looked amazing.

“Who could that be?” Hodong murmured upon the doors bursting open. Gyuri walked through the doors with her head bowed, Seungyeon was beside JiHye. “How did it go?” JiHye went to Eunsun and hugged her firmly. Eunsun wrapped her arms around her friends’ shaking form.
“H-He was there…” Her voice was tight from crying. “Unnie… He looked so… So thin there, but he didn’t complain… He just smiled and told me it would be alright.”

Eunsun had to turn her head. Seungyeon was as white as a sheet. Even Hodong’s face was flushed from colour. Eunsun tried to not imagine it. Seeing someone like him in prison did not seem right. Yunho would never hurt a fly.

“Have I come at a bad time?” Eric carefully closed the door.

“They are in the prison,” Gyuri told him, coming over with the camera. “Look, Super Junior, SNSD, here’s the missing members of Beast too.”

“Those cells have too many people fit inside them,” Eric was outraged. “I’d better warn the rest of my group in case they get arrested too.”

“Go do that,” Hodong agreed. “We’ll continue on with the plan.” But it would have to wait for a while. Eunsun’s mind was on comforting Yunho’s heart broken sister.

***

Youngmin ran a hand through his hair for the umpteenth time. Parliament was getting on his nerves.

“Does anyone have anything important to say?!” A minister barked. “These tangents have been getting us nowhere…”

“Are you alright your majesty?” Donggun whispered while leaning over the back of the kings’ chair.

“I just am worried about Eunsun… She hasn’t eaten in almost two days.”

“Maybe she’s just feeling unwell. I’m sure it’s nothing serious.”

“No, I know her. I haven’t seen her unwell, but I don’t know what to do.” Youngmin was frustrated enough as it is from having to listen to the members of government banter. The last thing he wanted was worrying about his wife whom was his main support.  Donggun didn’t have any empathy for Youngmin. He was still angry over Hyori’s actions.

“Maybe a coffee break would be a good idea?” Donggun suggested. His real intention was to eaves drop on the conversations that would follow.

“I couldn’t agree more.” Youngmin stood signaling for the rest of parliament to follow. They all got up and left to have ten minutes to relax and calm their tempers.

***

“So this is what I’ve found,” Eric showed them as they gathered in the garden on a picnic rug. “It appears Donggun has given them an Alias so that Youngmin thinks he’s dealing with a very serious Anarchist revolt.”

“But we’re not anarchists.”

“Exactly, and he also has re-worded and twisted around some of our beliefs to make us sound worse than we really are.”

“Hates gay people;” Hodong handed the document back to Eric before he could rip it to shreds. “We do no such thing.”

“It isn’t just us though Uncle,” Eunsun told him. “There are people who unfortunately do detest them because they think they’re evil in what they do.”

“Like that madhouse in America,” they all looked at Eric in question. “Sorry, that mad church I mean.”

“So anyway how are you going to tell Youngmin that he’s really going to destroy Christians?”

“By telling him the truth;” Eunsun didn’t see it working any other way.

“Well,” Eric held up the documents, “I’ll photocopy these and also develop those pictures Gyuri took.”

“Thank you Eric I appreciate it.” Time was ticking away and soon Eunsun would have to act.

***

Day three of the fast came and Eunsun started to feel weary. Youngmin told her that she would have to see the royal doctor much to her chagrin. Fortunately she was able to delay her appointment but assured the doctor that she would see him this afternoon. Her blasted time of the month hadn’t come yet and there were other strange symptoms that she couldn’t put her finger on.

“So here’s the final documentation,” Eric showed her the photographs printed onto paper with the appropriate captions. “I also was able to receive some information regarding some of the trapped inmates.” The two he’d been given were the records of two inmates who were both ministers.

“Well done Eric,” a hand went to her forehead.

“You’re a little warmer than usual, are you feeling alright?”

“Yeah, I’ve been feeling a little peculiar but otherwise nothing out of the ordinary I think.”

“Are you seeing the doctor this afternoon?”
 

“Yes,” she laughed. “Don’t worry I’ll be fine.”

“Well, Youngmin’s sister-in-law has come by so I wanted to also tell you that.” Eunsun nodded, smiling when she saw Yuna. It had been a while since they’d seen each other and Eunsun was glad for Yuna’s friendship.

“So how have you been?” She asked Yuna as they sat inside with tea. Eunsun had water though; it was the only thing she could have during her fast.

“Oh busy I suppose. Lee-woo has a lot to do as usual but I survive.” Yuna drank her tea. “How about you Eunsun; are you tired of royal life yet?”

“I’m getting use to it. Except for…”

“Except for what exactly?”

“Youngmin’s just been so busy lately and I guess we haven’t really…”

“Wait,” Yuna cut her off. “Don’t tell me that you haven’t had—“

“Yuna, no we did!” Her face flushed before she could continue. “It was Sunday.”

“Ah good,” Yuna patted Eunsun on the back. “Lee-woo was worried that from him being so busy that you two wouldn’t get any quality time together.”

“But there’s something else,” Eunsun lowered her voice. “I think… I think there’s something wrong with me.”

“Why do you say that?”

“It hasn’t come…” Yuna didn’t have to ask her to explain. opened in shock.

“Oh my goodness!”

“What, what’s the matter?”

“I can’t tell you, but you need to see a doctor for certain.”

“W-what why…” Yuna’s phone rang so she had to get up to answer it. She came back five minutes later.

“Sorry I have to go home,” apparently the gardener just dug into a pipe running under the house so I need to go call a plumber.” She squeezed Eunsun firmly in a hug. “Call me as soon as you’ve spoken to the doctor ok?” Eunsun agreed despite being confused. Whatever it was it had to be something Yuna was familiar with.

***

“Well I do have some good news and bad news,” the doctor told Eunsun once he was finished. “The bad news is you’re going to have a lot of changes undergoing in you but it is for a good reason,” he patted her on the back. “Congratulations.” Eunsun was speechless. She now understood why Yuna had reacted the way she had. It just never dawned on her how quick such an event could take place.

“Eunsun where are you?” Eunsun joined the others late at the dinner table. Youngmins’ spot was empty again.

“Sorry I’m late,” she apologized while sitting.

“It’s alright but there’s going to be a problem with you telling Youngmin. He has to leave early in the morning for the blue house. They’re going to be taking a vote on how to deal with the A.R.S’ raids and knowing Donggun he’ll be trying to delay it.” Eunsun nodded, the smell of food causing her stomach to churn unsteadily.

“Unnie are you alright?” Hara asked. “You don’t look good.”

“Oh I’m fine,” Eunsun disagreed. “Well I will be for the time being.” This didn’t make sense.

“Why, what’s going on?” Gyuri questioned.

“I only found out today but… I’m pregnant.”

***********************************************************************************************************************************

AHfjslagjkdfhgjkadfg I hope someone else is keyboard smashing too! I probably gave the answer away earlier on than I should have. This story is coming to an end (and I really mean it)