nine.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ariel breathe.

Do the breathing exercises Mom taught you. 

Inhale.

Exhale.

Ariel paced back and forth in the hallway of her uncle’s apartment. She snuck out of her Dad’s house, she knew her Dad would come in and lecture her. Not even lecturing, yelling. Ariel pulled her phone out from her purse and dialed her uncle’s number. She sat down next to her uncle’s door as she waited for him to answer. A few seconds went by then her uncle picked up.

“Hello? Ah-Young!!!” 

“Hey Uncle Jay! W-where are you?” Ariel stuttered. 

“I’m at an engagement party for the night. Why?” 

Ariel could hear the loud chatter, laughter and basically pure happiness. Something she wished she have right now. 

Ariel shook her head, “No reason. I just wanted to call and see how you were. I’ll let you go since you’re out having fun.”

“Oh alright Ah-Young… If you need me, call me.” 

Ariel nodded her head and clicked the call off. She hit her head lightly against the wall repeatedly. 

Next time I run away, make a better plan.

“Damn it! Its 11:30!” Luke banged on the steering wheel. “We drove in circles in this damn city. Where the hell is she?!”

“Look Chanyeol, I appreciate you helping me. But I think I should take you back to your dorm.” Luke added.

Chanyeol nodded his head. “I live in the apartment complex around the corner.” But he kept his attention to the window, scanning every place they would pass. 

“Let me try to text her.” Chanyeol grabbed his phone out and sent out a quick text to her.

Chanyeol: Where are you? Are you okay?

Chanyeol placed his phone in his lap. He pinched the bridge of his nose and frustration since him and Luke couldn’t find her.

Luke pulled into Chanyeol’s dorm area. “Here.” Luke put the car in park, “I’m gonna do another triple check of the company. If she calls you, let me know asap.”

Chanyeol hopped out of his car, he nodded at Luke’s request before shutting the door. Chanyeol slung his backpack onto his shoulders and proceeded to walk inside his apartment building. He adjusted his hat further down and shoved his hands into his pockets.

She actually snuck out of her house.

She has anxiety.

She could be having an anxiety attack right now.

A buzzing sound interrupted the swarming thoughts. 

Chanyeol grabbed his phone out as he walked into the elevator. 

Ariel: I’m fine. 

Chanyeol knows better. His sister always gave him girl advice. The one piece of advice which stood out the most was, if a girl tells you she’s fine, chances are she’s not fine. Ariel doesn’t know that Chanyeol knows about her current situation and health. So he has to keep playing like he doesn’t know a thing about it. 

The elevator doors opened. Chanyeol stepped out of the elevator and kept his eyes glued to his phone as he began typing another message to her. But he got distracted when he heard something in the distance, by his door. Chanyeol turned a corner and he figured out the sounds he heard were muffled sounds of crying. Chanyeol’s steps grew closer and closer to the person. He approached them, and stopped in front the person. They didn’t realize there was a figure standing over them. 

Chanyeol knelt down and made contact with the person. “You’re not fine Choi Ariel.”

Ariel removed her head from hiding and looked up at Chanyeol. 

Ariel’s eyes were on the edge of bawling her eyes out. Her eye smile was gone. Chanyeol remembered the first time he locked eyes with her. The first time they were golden brown, twinkling with happiness. The moment he locked eyes with her now, they were gloomy and dead. 

Chanyeol sat down next to her and looked at the ceiling. He didn’t say a word to her. He didn’t even know what to say to her. 

Ariel glanced at Chanyeol, who just staring at the wall. She found a bit of courage inside of her to say something. “Why are you here?”

Chanyeol grinned slightly but kept his attention forward. “I live here.”

Ariel let out a shaky breath. Ariel hugged her legs tighter and laid her head on her knees. 

Chanyeol stood up and brushed off any dust from the back of his pants. He held his hand out in front of her. 

Ariel studied his hand. 

“I don’t bite.” Chanyeol joked as he tried to lighten the mood. 

Ariel slowly made contact with his hand as he helped her up on her feet. 

Chanyeol began walking forward but he stopped to glance back at Ariel. “Whats wrong?”

Ariel stood still. She looked like she was a little kid who just lost her mother in a shopping mall. Helpless. 

“I-I don’t want to go home.”

Chanyeol mentally frowned. He didn’t know what to do. Chanyeol smiled to comfort her. The mood felt sad and dark. Chanyeol was known as the happy virus. Everywhere he went, people would laugh no matter how they felt. 

Chanyeol stepped back and grabbed her hand. “If you don’t want to go home. We won’t. Follow me.” 

Chanyeol tried to walk forward but he stopped when Ariel wasn’t budging. “Trust me.”

Ariel eyed Chanyeol’s hand which was holding onto her hand. She nodded her head slowly. 

Chanyeol beamed and slowly walked up to the door of his dorm. 

Chanyeol was fumbling with the keys as he put it through the key hole, “You can stay here if you want.” The door opened and you could hear instant loudness. “I know they’re loud. But they’ll shut up.”

They walked inside and took their shoes off. They proceeded to go further inside his dorm. 

“Chanyeol! Is that you?” Tao belted. 

“We were worried about you since you ran out of the studio after that guy almost punched you in the fa-“ 

Chanyeol and Ariel were standing in the entrance of the living room. Ariel stood behind Chanyeol to shield herself. She didn’t want people to see her weak side. Chanyeol scratched his head, “Hey guys. Is it cool if Ariel sleeps here tonight?”

“I would offer you to sleep in my bed.” Chanyeol mentioned as he brought over blankets and extras pillows for her on the couch. 

Ariel’s brow slightly raised at Chanyeol’s statement.

“No! No! Not like that!” Chanyeol cried out. He rubbed the back of his neck. “I share a room with 4 other people. I didn’t want you to be uncomfortable with them. We don’t have any guest rooms, so the only option is the couch. I hope thats fine.”

“Its fine.” Ariel spoke softly. 

Chanyeol took a tshirt and a pair of sweatpants from his closet earlier and laid them next to Ariel. “You can wear my clothes.” Ariel nodded her head. 

She hasn’t said a word since I brought her here.

Does she not want to be

Please log in to read the full chapter