twenty nine.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

After being discharged from the hospital, Ariel actually began taking her medication. Being admitted into the hospital for her anxiety attack and passing out, gave her a major wake up call. Just doing breathing exercises wouldn’t prevent anymore anxiety attacks. So Ariel started to take her medicine daily even though she hated it because it reminded her she’ll always be scared of something and it’ll be random throughout her lifetime. 

It was a new and normal day at Uncle Jay’s apartment. Luke went off to work with his lady friend, which Ariel has a feeling they are definitely in a some relationship. Uncle Jay attended various business meetings, while Ara did her work as a doctor. Daniel decided to stay in Seoul for the time being. His reason being that he missed the family bonding with everyone since he was use to being alone. As for Ariel, practicing for her upcoming comeback which was a month away. 

Since a comeback is happening, it also meant changes. Changes as in appearance. Ariel bid her goodbyes to her light golden brown hair color and said hello to the new reddish brown dye. 

>>> 

Ariel sat in the passenger seat as Daniel drove her to work. With the camera app running, Ariel held her phone up and studied her hairdo. “Its not bad.” Ariel stated, playing around with her hair. “I like it.”

“Bet Chanyeol does too.” Daniel muttered to himself. The comment made Ariel throw her water bottle at him. 

“You and Luke always have something to say!” Ariel groaned. 

The car came to a subtle stop when they arrived in front of SM’s building. Daniel turned his body and displayed a playful expression. “Thats because we’re your brothers Ah-Young.” He ruffled her hair. “Now get out of my rental car.”

Ariel turned her head to the side and scoffed. “Wow, I really feel the love.” Ariel grabbed her items and got out of the car before waving goodbye to Daniel. 

Megan had called her earlier that day when she was at the salon getting her hair dyed, informing her of her schedule. Apparently, SM Entertainment also has a built in gym and Ariel was spending her day working out. Ariel had no problem going to the gym, she wasn’t lazy. However, it has been awhile since Ariel probably worked out and she neglected her diet ever since she began working. Actually, Ariel never even obeyed her dieting plan because it was pointless. She was skinny enough and she wasn’t trying to look even more skinny than she already is. 

Ariel arrived inside the company’s workout room. Walking further inside, it was empty. No one was inside except her. “Ariel?” She spun around and met eyes with Megan. She greeted her by giving her a friendly smile. “Are you working out with me?”

Megan shook her head. “I wish. I have meetings to attend with the executives. I’m just here to weigh you.”

Ariel furrowed her brows at her sentence. “Weigh me?” Megan nodded her head and walked over to the weighing scale and Ariel followed in suit. “Yeah. Its only standard procedure when you’re schedule to workout here. So the fitness workers are aware of how you’re keeping up with your diet and such.” She pressed a few buttons on the machine since the scale was different from the ones where you step on. “Step on.” To which Ariel followed her instructions. 

Megan scribbled down the number on her notepad. “56 kg.” (123lbs) “Okay, I’ll be going now. Don’t restrain yourself and drink a lot of water!” Megan quickly exited the gym area and went off to her meeting. 

http://www.polyvore.com/28tybg/set?id=148324045

Ariel ped and removed her hoodie, revealing her workout attire. She glanced around the room, wondering where should she start. Eh, I guess I’ll start with the treadmill.

Ariel placed her backpack on the bench that was sitting in the middle of the room and pulled out her phone to play music; she tapped on the ‘Shuffle’ icon. After running on the treadmill for about twenty minutes, it was time for a water break. She walked over to the bench where her backpack was sitting at and took out the water bottle that was tucked in the side pocket. She sat down on the black bench to rest her body and took a refreshing sip of iced water. Footsteps could be heard and then they stopped. “Ariel?”

Ariel turned her head, with her water bottle still in . She removed the water bottle away from her lips and waved at the figure who was now approaching her and sitting next to her.

“So guess what I read today..” Sojin mentioned, bending forward to retie her shoe laces. Ariel nodded her head for Sojin to tell her the news. “One article announcing the break up of EXO’s Kai and Choi Ariel.” 

Ariel hummed in response. Wow, he actually told the press. Not like it mattered to her anyway, it meant that insane sasaeng fans would stop harassing her online. Ariel glanced at Sojin who was preoccupied tying her hair up in a bun. “So what are you doing here this early?” Sojin asked. “No one really bothers to come to the gym at this time.”

Ariel sighed from being the early morning sleepiness. “I had to go to the salon at earlier. And now I’m at the gym because I’m suppose to be working out. You?”

Sojin bobbed her head. “Well, I have nothing else better to do. No one really shows up to the gym at 4.” Ariel stood up from the bench and walked over to the weights area. She picked up a 25lb dumb bell and began lifting it up and down. 

Sojin scanned the weights before speaking. “So how are you and Chanyeol?”

“Great.” Ariel unconsciously smiled upon answering the question. 

Light footsteps and high pitched voices interrupted the two from their conversation. They turned their heads to the entrance of the gym to see giggling female trainees who looked like they were only there to look cute and not to work out; wearing extremely short athletic shorts, crop tops, spandex, and sports bras underneath a thin layered shirt. 

“What are they wearing? I’m not even allowed to wear clothes like that in California.” Ariel mentioned, eyeing the trainees from head to toe. Heck, they weren’t close to touching any of the fitness equipment. They were standing in front of the full length mirror, adjusting their clothes. Ariel shook her head at their actions. “This is a gym, not a mall.”

Sojin agreed with Ariel, but Sojin has been a trainee longer than Ariel so she knew why they were doing that. “Ah, the directors added a fitness plan into the trainee contracts awhile back. So they’re more than free to use the gym here. But they have to sign up for certain times.”

“Then why don’t they actually work out?” Ariel asked, emphasizing on the words: work out. 

“Remember what I said earlier, about how no one uses the gym at this time?” Ariel nodded her head, placing the current dumb bell back onto the rack. Sojin continued, “All the female trainees sign up for this hour because-“

“Oppa!”

“Suho sunbae!”

“I love you oppa!”

“Unnie, look its EXO!”

Ariel and Sojin turned their heads to the entrance to see yet indeed it was a few members of EXO entering the gym to work out. It was Suho, Xiumin, Chanyeol, Tao and Sehun that were walking inside. 

Sojin pointed her finger at the group of boys. “They only sign up for this time because of them. Just to flirt and talk to the guys.”

Ariel scoffed. “Wow.”

“Your boyfriend’s here. Go talk to him.” Sojin tried to push Ariel towards Chanyeol’s way, but Ariel stayed rooted in her spot. 

“I can’t talk to him now.” Ariel explained which made Sojin stare at her with a questionable look that read why.

“We’re in public. If it was just us two, nothing would be wrong. But there’s a lot of people in here and I refuse to receive anymore threats from his fangirls.” Ariel would talk to her boyfriend right now, but him and s were surrounded by fangirls/trainees. If they were alone, she would definitely talk to Chanyeol. Not wanting any glares or threats, Ariel chose to talk to him whenever they were alone. “I’ll let him be. We both came here to work out, not to chit chat.”

“Well okayyy.” Sojin grabbed onto Ariel’s arm. “Come come. The yoga balls are calling for us.”

“I’m terrible at yoga.” Ariel replied meekly and came to a halt when she stared at the equipment. 

Sojin bent down and rolled a yoga ball over to her. “Then sit and watch me.” Ariel carefully sat down so she wouldn’t fall flat on her and watched Sojin doing yoga tricks. 

Sojin stopped what she was doing for a second before mentioning something to Ariel. “You know the song you said your dad denied?” Ariel nodded. “Would you please please show your bestest friend in the whole wide world?” She pleaded with her hands together. 

Ariel hesitated to answering. She wanted to keep the song private since she couldn’t release it but with Sojin’s pleading eyes, she couldn’t say no. “Fine, I’ll show you the song-“

“Chanyeol oppa!” A high pitched voice shrieked which disturbed Ariel and Sojin’s conversation. 

The two girls darted their heads to the direction of that voice. Ariel scowled at the sight before asking Sojin, “Who is she?” She nonchalantly pointed her finger towards the petite girl who swiftly took his towel which was wrapped around his neck and placed it around her neck. 

Sojin sighed heavily. “That is Yoon Sohee. She is an obnoxious flirt when it comes to boys.”

“Well she should keep her hands off my boyfriend.” Ariel sent a threatening glare to Chanyeol. Sohee was too oblivious to see the death glares Ariel gave her because her back was facing Ariel and she could only see Chanyeol’s face; who wasn’t aware of Ariel eyeing him down like a hawk. 

“Just ignore her. Chanyeol only has eyes for you.” Sojin said. 

Ariel closed her eyes and reopened them before taking a deep breath in. “You’re right. I’m not going to be one of those psycho jealous girlfriends.”

“Take the high road Choi Ariel!” Sojin exclaimed cheerfully. Her bright expression faltered seconds later. “Just don’t turn around..” She muttered to h

Please log in to read the full chapter