eight.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Oh my gosh, yasssss! I love that song!” Ariel exclaimed. 

“She’s such a great singer. Like can she stop being so pretty?” Sojin joked. 

“I want her voice thats all.” Ariel giggled.

Ariel and Sojin were playing around in a singing practice room, and they were suppose to be singing. But they ended up talking the entire time. 

“So Ariel, any boyfriends?” Sojin asked.

Ariel shook her head. “No. I never had the time for boyfriends.”

Sojin had an unsure expression. “Stop lying. Spill the beans.”

“But I don’t like beans.”

“Well spill the peanuts and tell me.” 

“Can they be honey roasted peanuts? I love them.”

Sojin glared at Ariel, “Tell me!”

Ariel giggled at her and shook her hands, “I’m serious. No boyfriends.”

Sojin leaned back with her arms crossed. “I seen you around with Park Chanyeol.”

“We’re friends. Is that bad?”

Sojin shook her head, “No. But it seems like your relationship is going to progress into, ya know, something more.”

Ariel choked on her own spit, “Are you serious?”

“What? Its possible!”

“I think its possible that we’re just going to be good friends. Besides, I heard he’s not interested in dating. Neither am I.”

Sojin sipped her water bottle, and twisted the cap closed. “Things can change.”

Ariel smacked Sojin’s arm with her notebook, “Lets just get back to this song.”

Sojin stood up and slung her bag over her shoulder. “Actually, I have an appointment to get to. Plus we wasted our time talking instead of practicing.”

Ariel rechecked the time, “Oh shoot you’re right.” Ariel stood up and grabbed her bag. “Lets go.”

Ariel and Sojin walked out of the practice room and headed for the elevator. They walked inside the elevator and Sojin pressed the main lobby button. 

“How many times have you and Chanyeol ‘hung out?’” Sojin used her fingers for quotation marks at the words hung out.

“Once in LA. Then another here. Thats about it.”

“You like him.”

Ariel glared at Sojin. “Sojin!”

“What? I mean you might not realize it now, but something is going to trigger inside your heart that you like him.”

Ariel sighed and crossed her arms, “I don’t think Chanyeol and I like each other. I think we’re both just interested with each other. I mean I don’t talk to a lot of guys because they usually like me for my looks. I don’t know about him, but he seems like he doesn’t talk to girls a lot.”

Sojin nodded her head in response, as if she believed every word Ariel said.

The elevator doors opened and the two girls walked out. 

“There’s your boyfriend.”

“Friend.” Ariel corrected. 

“Ugh what is she up to now?”

“Who?” Ariel scanned the area.

Sojin physically moved Ariel’s head into the direction she was talking about. “Eunjung.”

“Oppa~” Eunjung sang. “I brought you some peanut butter chocolates.” She pushed the tin box of chocolates towards Chanyeol.

Chanyeol stared at the box with his eyes showing no emotion. His eyes drifted away from the tin box when he heard two girls walking by. 

“Ariel!” Chanyeol greeted. His eyes blinked and they were twinkling. 

“Oh hi. Hi Eunjung.” Ariel waved to her. 

But Eunjung scoffed at her greeting. “Oppa~”

“So Ariel, where are you two heading?” Chanyeol ignored Eunjung as she called out for him.

“Sojin has to go and I’m just waiting on my brother to come get me.”

“Oppa~”

“Hey Ariel, I have to go. I’ll catch up with you later. Bye sunbae.” Sojin bowed goodbye and quickly left. 

“Hey I’ll walk you out to your brother’s car.” 

“Yeah sure.” Ariel began walking towards the exit with Chanyeol following behind her.

“But Chanyeol oppa, I got you peanut butter chocolates!”

Chanyeol turned around, “I don’t like peanut butter.”

Eunjung flared her nostrils and threw the tin box into the nearest trashcan and stomped away. 

Chanyeol returned his attention to Ariel, “She always tries to give me food.”

“I guess its perks of being famous.” Ariel added.

A car was already parked in front of the building. “Ariel!”

“Thats Luke. I’ll see you later?”

“Yeah, later.” Chanyeol watched Ariel get inside her brother’s car safely and waved goodbye. When Ariel was inside the car he walked back inside the building.

Luke put the car in driving mode and turned his blinker to get back on the road. 

“So? You and Park Chanyeol?”

Ariel kept her attention at the window, watching Chanyeol walking back inside. “He’s just a friend.”

“A friend my .”

Ariel glared at her brother when the car stopped at a red light. “Okay, Sojin first. Now you?”

Luke tapped his fingers on the steering wheel. “Wait, is Sojin the girl that walked out before you?”

“Yeah, why?”

Luke let go of the brakes when the light turned green. “Is she available?”

Ariel rolled her eyes, “Yes she’s available and no I will not give you her number.” 

Luke shook his head and went back to the previous conversation. “Anyway, I don’t think he’s just a friend.”

“He is. Why can’t a guy and a girl simply be just friends?” 

Luke pulled into their apartment complex parking lot. He turned the car off and looked at Ariel. “Because my naive baby sister, one person always fall for the other.” 

“Where did you quote that from? A book?” 

Luke chuckled as he leaned against the driver seat, “No, a magazine. Now come on, lets go eat dinner.”

Luke and Ariel hopped out of the car and proceeded to go into their complex. They walked in and took their shoes off. “We’re home.”

They came into the living room to see a brand new piece of furniture in the living room by the window, which disgusted Luke and Ariel when their eyes saw it.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter