thirty one.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

D-Day (Comeback): Three Weeks

On the night of the full moon, come to see me

Before the ends, before sunrise, please hurry

On the night of the full moon, give me your love

Before the night ends, before sunrise, come see me

Clothes soaked in rain

Just you and I walking along the lane

Whispering sweet love

Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh

Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh

Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh

Perfect weather can’t get no better

Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh

Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh

Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh

Everything around us so so real yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQFZu1OlFDo

“Nice job girls. That was perfect even since you guys sang it live this time for practice.” Kahi commented also emphasizing on the word live since one of the two girls didn’t really do it. Kahi was hinting at the fact that someone didn’t properly get the beat right as they did their part and dancing.

Ariel released her final pose and walked over to Kahi whereas Eunjung came over from the side of the room. “Yeah Ariel, sing live better next time.” Eunjung sneered, hiding the bitterness in her voice. Ariel stood next to her, holding everything within her to not give her a nice uppercut. 

“Not her, Eunjung. You.” Kahi corrected with strict criticism. “Ariel did perfectly fine. You, however, need to do extremely better. If I were the vice president, I would’ve just had Ariel do the rap herself. But I’m not, so he asked you to do it for some odd reason.” The room changed from a lighthearted mood to very very awkward and tensed. “You two are dismissed for the day since Miss Shin had a snarky comment to say, she can spend the rest of her day, practicing her parts so she’s not off beat with every single word and step.” Kahi exited the practice room, clearly pissed at Eunjung’s pettiness for not being prepared for rehearsal. 

Ariel quietly left her spot next to Eunjung and walked over to her backpack near the corner of the room. She sat down on the floor for a second to catch a small break and to take a sip of water. Awkward…. Ariel studied Eunjung who was still standing in the middle of the room. Her body seemed stiffed and her left eye was starting to twitch. 

Just stay out of her way Ariel and maybe you’ll get out alive to go on your date. As long as that giant doesn’t show up and piss Eunjung off even-

“Babe?” 

I’m dead. 

Chanyeol stepped inside the room to see a pissed off Eunjung staring at him and Ariel in the corner with a fearful look. He knew he came inside at the absolute worst time. Ariel immediately grabbed her things and rushed out of the room, pushing Chanyeol out of the entrance so they could both live. 

“Yah Choi Ah-Young.” Chanyeol said, re-adjusting his snapback on his head because it got messed up from Ariel pushing him out the room.

“We almost died did you know that?” She pointed out, taking out her snapback and hoodie from her bag to put on since they were going out. “Eunjung’s in a really bad mood.” 

Chanyeol looked past Ariel and stared at the glass door. “Why?” 

Ariel linked her arms with Chanyeol’s in attempt to drag him away. “Kahi called her out on some things. Eunjung tried to say I wasn’t singing live but clearly I did on the last run through. So Kahi stood up for me and pointed out how Eunjung basically at rapping and dancing at the same time.”

Chanyeol and Ariel stepped inside the elevator and he pressed the button for the lobby. “I know Kahi is brutally honest… but wow.”

Ariel sighed as she leaned against the wall of the elevator. “I know. Then my giant boyfriend had to make it worst by coming inside calling me babe.” 

Chanyeol threw an arm around Ariel’s shoulder. “You’re my girlfriend so whats the big deal? Eunjung and I are done.”

The doors dinged opened and the two walked out into the lobby. “The big deal is she hates my guts and she still likes you Chanyeol.”

“But don’t you hate her too?” He pointed out. 

It is true, Ariel does hate Eunjung. After all the things she’s done to Ariel for no important reason,  there’s no reason why Ariel shouldn’t hate her. But there is a thing called girl code. Eunjung clearly did all those things to spite Ariel for taking Chanyeol away from her. Its crystal clear that Eunjung still has feelings for Chanyeol. Ariel can’t just rub that in her face how Chanyeol is her boyfriend. Girl code. 

They walked out of the building and began making their way to Celestial’s Cafe for a coffee date. It was around 9, close to 10 so no one was really outside walking except for stray businessmen leaving their workplace. 

“She clearly still has feelings for you Park Chanyeol. I can’t just rub it in her face that I’m dating you. Thats wrong on so many levels. She needs time to move on and I’m not going to make it harder for her by flirting with you in her face. Girl code #34”

“Look at my girlfriend taking the high road.” Chanyeol purposely bumped his shoulders with hers. “If only you could’ve done that without giving me an extreme makeover.” They came to a halt when the crosswalk signaled for them to wait as cars were driving.

“Heeeeey, you said you liked me doing your makeup.” Ariel pouted. She crossed her arms over her chest and took a step away from Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol found her cute by the way she was throwing a tantrum. She’s 19 years old and she’s pouting like a 9 year old.”

“You know you look extremely cute right now pouting.” Chanyeol pointed out, he grabbed onto Ariel’s arm and pulled her closer to him. He pulled her with too much force which resulted in Ariel almost falling onto him. Luckily, Chanyeol’s reflexes caught her on time before they both collided onto the ground. He held onto her arms and as his eyes gaped at her eyes. They made eye contact with each other, Chanyeol gazed at her lovingly whereas Ariel instantly flustered in his embrace and his amazing eyes. 

Ariel coughed and removed her body from Chanyeol’s hands. “Oh its green.” She pointed out when the crosswalk signaled that they could cross the street safely. “I see Celestial.” Ariel quietly pointed out when the cafe’s sign was in sight. 

They walked inside and ordered their drinks. Iced mocha for Chanyeol and a white chocolate frappe for Ariel. When they received their drinks, they went straight towards the back corner of the cafe so others outside wouldn’t notice them. Once they sat down, they took a nice and soothing sip of their coffee to energize themselves for another thirty minutes before they had to go. 

“So how is everything with your comeback?” Chanyeol asked, curious to know how his girlfriend has been with the preparations. Preparations for a comeback are difficult and tiring at the same time, he wanted to make sure Ariel was taking care of herself. 

Ariel grinned as she played around with the straw in her coffee cup. “Everything’s fine except,” She paused to think about her words. 

“Except what?”

Ariel dismissed finishing off her sentence. “Its nothing.”

Chanyeol looked at her with the ‘I don’t believe you’ look. “I know you’re lying. Just tell me. Its better to let it out rather than to bottle it up.”

Ariel sighed heavily and tucked her hand underneath her chin to prop her arm up. “I just don’t understand why my father assigned Eunjung to do the feature in the song. I mean even Sojin says it should just be me. She wrote the song and said it would’ve been better off with me. It just bothered me for a bit earlier. But I guess I have to build a bridge and get over it because idols don’t get everything they want once they step into this world.”

Chanyeol reached out for her hand and held onto it. “I can help you build that bridge you know.”

Ariel pulled her hand back as she laughed at his playful comment. “You can buy me makeup and I’ll try it out on you.” She batted her lashes cutely. 

“No no no noooo.” Chanyeol refused immediately. “Do you know how long it took me to take off that makeup? Two hours in the shower. Two hours! The guys won't stop teasing me!”

Ariel just shrugged her shoulders as she innocently took a sip of her frappe. “Well that means the makeup works like how it should.” Her phone started vibrating, notifying she received a text message. She took out her phone and read the message. 

From Uncle Jay / 10:24PM

Where are you???? Your manager called and said you got to leave early from your schedule. Come home Ah-Youngieeeee~ Dinner’s waiting for you. 

“Who was it?” Chanyeol asked, taking a sip of his iced mocha. 

Ariel chuckled slightly at her uncle’s message as she put her phone away. “Its my uncle. He wants me home. He’s so protective.”

“He’s not going to hurt me right because I took you out?” Chanyeol carefully asked. All of Ariel’s male family members were overly protective of her. 

Ariel, however, decided not to answer him just to scare him and walked out of the cafe with Chanyeol quickly rushing behind her. “Babe! Right?! You wouldn’t let them hurt your precious boyfriend right?! Baby!” 

Its so fun teasing his mind. 

“I’m homeeee~” Ariel announced, stepping inside the apartment and took her shoes off by the door. “Guyssss?” She walked further into the living room and was greeted by her uncle. “I’m home Uncle Jay.”

“Obviously you’re home idiot, I can see you.” He teased back as he went inside the kitchen as Ariel trailed behind him. 

“Where’s dinner? I’m starving.” Ariel asked, looking around the counters in the kitchen for a plate filled with kimchi, rice, just anything to fill her t

Please log in to read the full chapter