thirty six.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

He still hasn’t called me. Did I do something wrong?

“Stop thinking about it. You did nothing wrong.” Sojin interrupted her thoughts. “Just let loose and have some fun. We’re at a party.”

Ariel gave a blank glance to Sojin. “Really? This isn't even a party.” She motioned her hands around the patio area. 

This so called ‘party’ is a horrible one. Everyone sat around at different tables on the patio, music was playing, barely anyone was dancing, and there were faculty members present so most students couldn’t party hard like they wanted to. 

“My twelfth birthday party was more hardcore than this.” Ariel stared at her red party cup of water and sighed. Her eyes traveled to her phone and she unlocked it again for the 80th time. Nothing. Again. 

Sojin looked at her with worriedly. “That’s it.” Sojin took Ariel’s phone away from her and nudged Josh, who was behind them talking to one of his old teachers. “Josh, keep Ariel’s phone away from her. It’s distracting her from the fun.” Josh took Ariel’s phone and held it in his hand as he listened to Sojin’s orders. 

“Why did you do that for?” Ariel whispered shouted. “I needed that!”

“No you don’t. It’s distracting you from the whole Berkeley program!” Sojin stated, having enough with her poutness about Chanyeol not contacting. She understands it’s bothering her a lot but she shouldn’t let it drown her fun away. “Now, can you come with me to the bathroom?” She asked, standing up as she fixed her outfit. 

Ariel pouted at Sojin for taking her phone away and followed Sojin to the restroom area. 

Josh sighed as he glanced around the patio area. As he was glancing around the area, Ariel’s phone vibrated in his hand from an incoming call. He held up her phone and read the name in his name. Park Chanyeol… THE PARK CHANYEOL FROM EXO?!?!?!? I love Suho! I MUST TALK TO MY FUTURE BROTHER IN LAW.

Josh excused himself from the conversation he was in with his old professors and went off to a emptier area. “Hello?” 

“Wha- Where’s Ariel? Who are you?”

I’m your future brother in law. “My name’s Josh.”

“Attention everybody!” The organizer of the program shouted at the front area. 

“Hey,” Josh said. “Ariel has to call you back. We’re at a party right now.” The line went dead as soon as he said those words. 

The organizer ended the event since it was nearing the time. Josh waited for Ariel and Sojin to come back from the restroom and when they did, he took them to the airport. They were there just for the program and they were going to fly back to Korea. Along the way, they picked up Daniel from a friend’s house. 

The thirteen hour flight, tired everyone out to the max. Sojin still had Ariel’s phone on her and wouldn’t let Ariel have it yet. She promised that she would hand her phone back once they land. As soon as they stepped into the airport, Ariel shot her hand in front of Sojin, wanting her phone back. 

“Phone.”

“Gee, no ‘how was the flight Sojin?’” Sojin looked inside her bag and took out Ariel’s phone to place it in her palm. “There.”

“Finally.” Ariel huffed as she turned her phone back on. Before the phone actually powered on, Daniel dragged her to follow him and Sojin. “Come on. We’re not about to wait for your phone to turn on.” He dragged her outside, into the parking garage where the rental car was. 

Ariel sat in the backseat of the car and finally had the time to check her phone without being bothered by Sojin or Daniel. 

27 missed calls. One voicemail.

The sun shined through the window as Daniel drove out of the parking garage. Ariel plugged her headphones in and listened to the voicemail.

“A-ariel? It’s meeeeeee. Chanyeol, your boyfriend?”

Is Chanyeol drunk?

“I’m so-so-ssorry about… I-I-I- lo-. Come back. I don’t kn-. Why did you-? With-. D-don’t leave m-“ 

Then the voicemail ended. 

Please log in to read the full chapter