nineteen.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

“What are you guys doing?”

Ariel spun her head in the direction of the voice and quickly tried to lift Kai’s head off of her shoulders. “Trying to get his watermelon he calls a head off of me!” She slapped Kai’s cheeks to grab his attention. It was only a few slaps later, and Kai’s quiet snoring, that he fell asleep within minutes. 

Ariel laid her head back on the couch rest. “You have got to be kidding me.”

“What?” Chanyeol asked, strolling towards Ariel. He peered his eyes over Kai’s motionless body, he poked Kai’s arm to see if he was moving. “He’s sleeping already?”

“Is he even human?” Ariel huffed, trying to shake Kai’s body off of her. “How is he sleeping? Its only been 5 minutes.”

Chanyeol reached his hand out to Kai’s body and pulled Kai off of Ariel. He carefully laid his body on the opposite couch. “We haven’t been sleeping a lot lately. So anyone can knock out anywhere.”

“Anywhere?”

Chanyeol nodded his head as he sat down next to Ariel on the couch, who was rubbing her shoulder. “Yeah anywhere. I fell asleep sitting at the table eating the other night.”

“When do you not eat?”

“When do you not wear makeup?”

Ariel sent a threatening death glare to Chanyeol, making him choke on his own spit. 

Suddenly, Ariel’s phone started vibrated, signifying a phone call. She stood up from the couch and walked into the kitchen to be out of earshot from Chanyeol. 

“Hello?”

“Ariel! My darling niece!” Uncle Jay bellowed through her cell phone. 

Ariel let out a quiet chuckle, “Hey, whats up?”

“Where are you?! Ara’s niece is coming over and she’s your age. You could actually have some friends and have a life!”

Ariel scoffed at her uncle’s playful comment. “I do have a life fyi.”

“If I recall, redoing your makeup 10 times a day does not count.”

“I used the wrong shade of concealer okay!”

“CONCEAL DON’T FEEL DON’T LET THEM KNO-“

“Yeah you’re not a singer Uncle Jay.”

“Anyway, hurry up and come over! Ara is making watermelon patbingsoo!” Uncle Jay said, hanging up the phone. 

Ariel shook her head as she locked her phone and headed back to the living room area. She grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder, while Chanyeol’s attention was on his phone. “Tell Kai to call me whenever he wakes up from his beauty sleep.”

Chanyeol looked up from his phone. He shoved his phone into his pockets, “Where are you going?” 

“Out.”

“Home?”

Ariel slightly opened , but stopped. She doesn’t have a home. Her real home is in Malibu, not in Seoul. She’s temporary living with her uncle. 

Ariel shyly smiled as she readjusted the strap of her bag on her shoulder. “Tell Kai to call me.”

Chanyeol rose from the couch and followed Ariel out, “I’ll walk you outside.”

The two walked out into the hallway and were greeted by two perky voices. 

“Ariel!”

Ariel lifted her eyes up to see Sojin and Ara walking up to her. 

Sojin greeted her with a hug, “Ariel!”

Ariel patted her back and pulled away from the embrace. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m so rude!” Sojin stepped back and gestured her hands to Ara. “This is my aunt, Hwang Ara.”

Ariel cocked her neck out slightly, “This is your aunt?”

Sojin nodded her head. “Yep, we were on the way to her boyfriend’s apartment then I saw you… walking out of Exo’s dorm.. without your boyfriend.”

Ara quietly nudged Sojin’s arm while mouthing the words ‘yah.’

“Anyway, Chanyeol. You should join us.” Ara offered. “I’m making watermelon patbingsoo, her uncle’s favorite.”

“Uhhhh..” Chanyeol hesitated to answer.

“So thats a yes!” Sojin squealed. She walked behind Ariel and Chanyeol and pushed them forward into Uncle Jay’s apartment. “This is going to be so much fun!”

Ara opened Jay’s door with her own personal key. They were greeted by Jay walking into the kitchen with a snack bowl filled with little bits of popcorn. 

“We have an extra guest!” Ara announced.

“Mhm?” Jay questioned. His eyes wandered off to the young man standing beside Ariel. “Who is that?”

Sojin placed one of the grocery bags on the counter, walked nearby Jay and said in English, “Ariel’s otp.”

Sojin had parents who were language professors for English and even taught in America at colleges. So Sojin could speak English, but not as fluent as Ariel. 

“Otp?” Jay asked, puzzled. He opened his mouth when he realized the meaning of otp. “Ohhhh. One true pairing right?” He responded in English as well. 

“Does this look like a fan fiction story?” Ariel asked in English. 

Sojin smiled and nodded her head anxiously. “Well of course. I still ship you guys.”

Jay titled his head slightly, “I don’t know about that. I kinda ship her and Kai. They

Please log in to read the full chapter