ten.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Knock knock.

“Who dares to enter my castle?” Ariel glanced up from her MacBook to the door.

The door cracks open with Soo-Yeon popping her head through the opening, “Hi darling. Can I come in?”

“Access denied.” Ariel muttered as she focused back onto her MacBook. 

Soo-Yeon obviously didn’t hear her request and just walked into her room, holding up two dresses. “Ariel, you’re the fashion expert. Which dress for the company party tonight?” She held up two dresses and studied them. 

Ariel glanced at the two dresses. 

The ugliest things I have ever seen in my entire life.

Ariel crossed her arms and leaned back, “Do you want the truth?”

Soo-Yeon’s face lightened up in excitement, thinking she was about to with her step daughter.

“You would be better off wearing a bathrobe.”

Soo-Yeon’s lips pouted. “Your father has such bad taste in dresses. He chose these for me to wear.”

“Thats not the only thing he has bad taste in.” Ariel mumbled as she continued to play on her MacBook. 

Soo-Yeon’s shoulders slumped down a bit as she sighed. “Well, I’ll let you be. You should really get ready. Your father has some big news to reveal tonight at the party.”

“Whatever. You may leave my castle or my guards will you out themselves.” Ariel said as Soo-Yeon sighed heavily as she closed the door behind her. 

Ariel scoffed when Soo-Yeon left. 

The wicked witch.

In distance, she could hear Soo-Yeon’s voice outside her door.

“Hurry and get ready dear! We have to do a quick photo op as we walk in.”

Ariel groaned. 

I can’t even take selfies properly. 

What makes this witch think I can take a gazillion pictures not look like I got ran over by a truck?

Come Ariel to the party.

It shall be fun. 

There’s going to be dancing. 

People your age will be there.

Oh and free food.

Yep, thats why I’m here. 

Just for the food.

“Kids. I know we haven’t been getting along lately..” Mr. Choi stated.

Oh really?

I didn’t realize that.

I thought we were living happily ever after like the Brady Bunch. 

“Its important that you don’t speak at all to any of the reporters. Just smile and look smart.”

Ariel rolled her eyes.

OH I’M SORRY FATHER.

ARE LUKE AND I TOO DUMB TO BE YOUR CHILDREN?

LAST TIME I CHECKED WE BOTH GRADUATED WITH 4.0s

YOU WOULDN’T OBVIOUSLY KNOW SINCE YOU DIDN’T SHOW UP TO OUR GRADUATION. 

I’LL SHOVE MY DIPLOMA RIGHT UP YOUR A-

“I SEE TIFFANY!!!!” Luke squealed as he slapped Ariel’s arm, like the fanboy he is. 

Ariel coughed to get his attention, “She’s dating Nichkhun.”

“Don’t kill my hopes.” Luke said in awe as he stared outside the window. 

“Its more like a pipe dream.”

Mr. Kim pulled the limo up to the main entrance of the hotel, which was where the party was being held at. He opened the door to the backseat and Ariel instantly became blinded. The ridiculous amounts of flash that were being used by probably at least hundreds of photographers. Ariel could hear thousands of screaming fans and reporters as they shouted at everyone who walked by. 

Mr. Choi gave one last look to his children, “Don’t talk to anyone and look smart.”

Mr. Choi carefully walked out of the limo and was followed by Soo-Yeon and he took her hands as she stepped out onto the red carpet. Luke followed behind her and graciously bowed to everyone. Then it was the quirky Ariel’s turn. She stepped out of the limo with her brother’s hand in front of her to help her out. A lot of the photographers turned their heads to her. Everyone knew who she was. Not a lot of the photographers knew Ariel’s name, so to get her attention to snap a quick picture of her, they called her, That YouTube Girl.

Oh how fitting. 

The seemly happy family stopped a lot along the way to the actual entrance because it was one of those opportunities they let the photographers ask questions and take pictures. Ariel and Luke followed their father’s orders. Don’t talk and look smart. While he let that witch he called his wife, speak.

God, why is she talking?
Father should’ve told her to look smart and not talk.

Because she sounds dumb right now. 

“Can your daughter tell us what she’s wearing right now?” One fashion reporter asked as she poked a recorder out towards Ariel after she took a picture of Ariel’s outfit.

Mr. Choi shot a glare at her, reminding her again not to speak to any reporters.

Ariel beamed at the reporter. “The dress I’m wearing is a white, sleeveless, hi-lo tube dress. It has a laced sequence at the top. My shoes are just white pumps. I have on a white creamy toned statement necklace, gold chandelier earrings and pearl bracelets.”

***http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=127679272

The family shuffled their way out of the red carpet area. Mr. Choi stopped Ariel as soon as they got inside, out of sight from the public. 

“Soo-Yeon, Luke. Go ahead and sit down at our table.” Mr. Choi notified them with a grin. 

“Yes sweetie. Come on Luke.” Soo-Yeon led Luke into the ballroom area. 

Mr. Choi returned his attention to Ariel. His face instantly changed into a stern expression. “I said not to talk to any reporters and to look smart. You disobeyed me.”

Ariel rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. “She just asked me what I was wearing.”

Mr. Choi’s jaw clenched tighter. “Don’t ruin my reputation tonight. Just look pretty and smart.”

Ariel scoffed in aggravation, “For your information, I am smart. Me and Luke. So we don’t need you to remind us to look smart.”

“By the way you ignored my orders, I think I have to remind you. Just look smart and be pretty. ”

Ariel’s usual gold eyes transformed into a dark color filled with displeasure. “Just like how you ignored Mom?” Ariel stomped away from her father’s face, she stopped her tracks where she wouldn’t have to see his face. But shoulder to shoulder. “Me and Luke are smart enough to know what not to do.”

“Hey Ariel?” Luke whispered to Ariel as soon as she sat down. 

Ariel glanced at Luke when she sat down, “What?”

“What were you and Dad talking about?”

“Nothing. Nothing at all. I was just shutting him up.”

Chanyeol paid no attention to s as they were sitting down, eating and chattering amongst themselves. He was too absorbed scanning the ballroom area to find Ariel. He hasn’t talked to her in awhile since she spent the night on his couch. 

“Looking for Ariel?” Sehun asked as patted Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“You mean his crush right?” Baekhyun teased as he took another bite of his chicken. 

Chanyeol shot a glare at Baekhyun, “She’s not my crush. I don’t even like her like that.”

I think.

“My dear Chanyeol,” Kai sang. “Its only a matter of time before one of you fall for each other.”

“I give it a week.” Tao muttered, which made him

Please log in to read the full chapter