twenty eight.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Beep beep beep.

What keeps beeping?

Beep beep beep.

Is that my alarm clock?

Beep beep beep.

Can it like shut up? Home girl is trying to rest.

Beep beep beep.

Slowly, Ariel’s eyes flickered opened. She rubbed her eyes to get rid of the tiredness she felt and noticed the IV plug on her arm. Ariel observed the room she was in. What happened to me?

“Ah you’re awake.” A voice said. The nurse began walking towards the IV bags and the monitors and wrote a few things down on her clipboard.

Ariel sat her body up from laying down and began glancing around the room. “Why am I here?” She asked in a groggy voice. 

The nurse smiled at her. “You had a severe anxiety attack which resulted in you passing out.”

Ariel made an ‘o’ shaped mouth at the information. But how did I get here? 

“To answer your question, a boy brought you here.” The nurse automatically answered like she read Ariel’s mind. She checked the clipboard attached to the front of Ariel’s bed. “The doctor will be here soon to talk to you.”

A boy? I remember going to Chanyeol's dorm? Maybe he brought me here.

The nurse walked out of the room which left Ariel sitting on the hospital in the colorless hospital room. Ariel ran a hand through her hair and sighed. “I guess there really was something wrong with me..” She muttered to herself. 

“Choi Ah-Young?” Another voice said which made Ariel’s head turned to the doorway. “Ara?” 

Uncle Jay’s girlfriend gave her a wide grin, showing off her pretty smile. “Hi Ariel.” She greeted nicely and checked her monitors like the nurse did before. 

“You’re a doctor?” Ariel asked softly. Are there anymore surprises?

Ara chuckled at Ariel’s stunned expression. “I’ve been a doctor for a few years.” Ariel made an ‘o’ shaped with and nodded. “Are you going to yell at me?”

“Why would I do that?” Ara finished studying the IV monitors and turned to face Ariel.

Ariel turned her head to the side so she wouldn’t face Ara’s face. “Because..” Ariel pointed at the clipboard in Ara’s hand which had Ariel’s medical history and even the comments her therapist left when she was first receiving anxiety attacks. 

Ara glanced down to where Ariel was pointing at and grinned at her for being nervous. “I’m not going to yell at you dear.”

Ariel didn’t even realize that she was holding her breath in as she was waiting for Ara’s reply. and exhaled a deep breath. Something Ariel should scold herself for because she just got admitted into the hospital for an anxiety attack. 

“But I am going to lecture you.” Ara stated as she stood closer to Ariel’s hospital bed. “Why aren’t you taking any of your antidepressants? We ran tests and we found no trace of the chemicals from your medicine. In fact, I called Luke when I had to tell him about your health and he informed me the last time you took your medication was little over a year ago.”

“You told Luke!? Oh god.. I’m going to die today.” Ariel groaned as she leaned back. “God you sound like Uncle Jay.”

Ara couldn’t help but laugh at Ariel’s comment but she professionally maintained herself from letting out a chuckle. “Choi Ah-Young, you need to start taking your medication. Just doing breathing exercises will not prevent them from happening again.”

“Yes captain.” Ariel saluted. “I’ll start taking them.”

“Good.” She said as she started taking steps towards the exit. “Because I informed Chanyeol about it and he’ll surely make sure you’re going to take your medication from now on.”

“Unnie!”

Ara turned around to face Ariel before she left. “Speaking of him, he’s waiting for you.” She exited the room and in came Chanyeol with a gigantic teddy bear, a plastic bag which she assumed is from the convenience store, and a batch of ‘Get Well Soon’ balloons. Oh and don’t forget a worried boyfriend. 

Chanyeol barged inside the room and immediately placed his gifts on the table which sits in front of the lounge chair and couch by the hospital bed. He rushed over to Ariel, still holding onto the plastic bag. “Ariel! I was so worried about you!” Chanyeol crushed his body with hers into a very tight and suffocating embrace. “How dare you not take your medicine?! You could’ve died!”

“I’m going to die if you don’t let go of me!” Ariel groaned trying to shake Chanyeol off of her body. 

Chanyeol immediately released Ariel from his embrace. “Yah! Choi Ah-Young! Why aren’t you taking your medicine?!”

“Not you too.” She groaned. “I don’t need another lecture Yeol. The doctor already did it.” Ariel rubbed her temples. She leaned to the side to give a small peck on his cheek. “Thanks for taking me to the hospital. I don’t know what would’ve happened if you didn’t get me here in time.”

Chanyeol pulled the lounge chair closer to the side of the bed and began going through the ideas he bought. “I actually wasn’t there to save my damsel in distress. It was Kai.” He answered, pulling out a mango fruit juice. He opened the cap, placed a straw and held it out to Ariel. “Sip.”

Ariel did as she was told. “Kai took me to the hospital?”

Chanyeol sat the bottle down on the nightstand table and rummaged through the bag again until he found the bag of fruit snacks. “He said you showed up at our dorm and told him to call 911 then you passed out.” He took out the fruit snacks an

Please log in to read the full chapter