twenty.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

“What song is that?”

“I told you that you didn’t have to come inside.”

“I wanted to hear you sing.”

“You can hear me sing later.”

“Well I want to hear you now.”

“Go away Park Chanyeol. Or shall I say Yeollie?”

“DON’T CALL ME THAT.”

“YEOLLIE YEOLLIE ROLY POLY YEOLLIE.”

“Ariel?”

“Yeah?” 

“You’re embarrassing yourself, please stop.”

Ariel slapped Chanyeol’s arm. They were inside a practice room which Chanyeol involuntarily invited himself inside. Ariel shook her head at Chanyeol’s nonsense and continued to practice for the upcoming concert that was happening in a week. She leaned forward to the piano to go over her music sheets; meanwhile, Chanyeol stood up and walked around the room. Chanyeol took a glance at Ariel who was concentrated on her music than him. He walked back towards her and examined the music sheets on the piano. 

“Is that one of the songs you’re singing?”

“Possibly. I’m trying to learn it if you don’t mind.” Ariel explained, keeping her eyes on the paper. 

Chanyeol strolled over to the bench and sat beside her. “Why are you learning so late? Procrastination isn’t good for you.”

“Procrastination isn’t good for you.” Ariel mimicked. “You sound like my mother.”

“Speaking of your mother, is she coming to the concert?” Chanyeol nonchalantly asked, not knowing the subject was a bit sensitive for Ariel to talk about. 

Ariel ignored his question and continued focusing on her music. She placed her hands over the piano, hoping she will get the notes and rhythm right. Ariel scrunched her nose in frustration when her fingers accidentally pressed the wrong key. She whispered quietly to herself, “My god. Why can’t I get this right?” 

Chanyeol peered his eyes over to the music sheets, “This isn’t that hard to play on guitar.”

Ariel let out a sigh of frustration and ruffled her hair. “Well I tried learning guitar but we’re not a match for each other.”

“I can play guitar.”

“Yeah and I can play drums.” Ariel joked sarcastically. 

“Well actually I can play the drums too.”

“Wow aren’t you a genius?”

“Thanks I get that a lot.”

“Anytime Yeollie.”

Chanyeol ignored Ariel’s new nickname for him and went back to the subject. “Anyway, this song won’t be that hard to play on guitar.”

“Are you going to teach me to play the guitar or something?” 

“I’ll be right back. Stay here.” Chanyeol announced. 

“Where are you going?” Ariel asked as she watched Chanyeol stand up. 

He opened the door and took one more look at her before walking out, “To get Hannah.”

Who the heck is Hannah?

Few minutes later, Chanyeol came back inside with a guitar. He pulled a chair up near the piano and sat in the appropriate position with the guitar. “Meet Hannah.”

Ariel studied the guitar and giggled. “You named it?”

“Don’t call her that! She has feelings too.” 

“Oh my god…. This is real life right now.” Ariel murmured. “Why did you bring your guitar? Teaching me to play the guitar is too late.”

Chanyeol cracked his neck and hands lightly, “I’m not teaching you, I’m going to play while you sing.” He grabbed the guitar pick, “Show me the notes.”

My dreams are loud and my heart's wide awake

And all I know is I'm not meant to be silent

“That was actually… really good!” Ariel complimented. 

Chanyeol gently placed his guitar on the floor, “Only took us 2 hours. But yeah it was really good.” Chanyeol stood up from his seat and started to stretch out his body. 

Ariel stood up and grabbed a hold of Chanyeol’s arms. “You have to perform with me at the concert!”

“Pretty sure you can find someone else to do it.” He answered. 

“Please!” Ariel pleaded, her eyes glittering with cuteness. 

Chanyeol couldn’t say no to her crystal clear eyes. “Alright fine. I’ll play with you during the concert.

“Thank you thank you!” Ariel squealed in excitement. “God I love Tori Kelly!”

“Tori Kelly?..” Chanyeol asked curiously. 

I’m singing two of her songs. You’ll hear the other one when we’re in Japan.” Ariel added. 

“Whats it called?”

Ariel beamed at Chanyeol, “All in my head.” Ariel grabbed her things, “Lets go before my Uncle sends out a search party.” Ariel looked inside her bag, searching for her black hat so others won’t recognize her. “Dang it.. I left it in the room.”

“Left what?” Chanyeol asked, pulling his hoodie over his hat. 

“My hat. My fath-,” Ariel paused for a second then continued, “Luke told me to always bring my hat with me whenever I’m out in public.”

“Here.” Chanyeol took off his black hat and placed it tightly over Ariel’s head.

“You need it.” Ariel pushed back the hat to Chanyeol’s body. “I’ll be okay.”

“You like my hats. Take it. I’ll be okay.” Chanyeol moved Ariel’s hands out of the way and placed his hat on Ariel’s head tightly so her face wouldn’t be seen easily. 

Ariel and Chanyeol walked outside and made their way to

Please log in to read the full chapter