twenty seven.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

After one or maybe even two hours of shopping at the makeup store buying new makeup supplies, the couple finally arrived at their apartment complex and bid their goodbyes to each other since Ariel had a lot of filming preparations to be done and Chanyeol needed to head back to his rehearsals. 

Two and half hours later, Ariel not only finished filming but also editing. “New record!” Ariel cheered to herself. It usually took her a day or two to film, edit, and uploading. She gaped at her laptop’s screen seeing that she is finally uploading a video after a year long hiatus. Ariel’s cellphone started vibrating due to an incoming call. She unconsciously smiled reading the caller id and accepted the call. “Yes?”

“Hows the filming?” Chanyeol asked, slightly panting through the line. 

“Its great, I’m uploading right now.” Ariel furrowed her brows at the sound of her boyfriend breathing hard. “Are you okay? You’re breathing very loudly.”

Chanyeol chuckled. “Is it that noticeable?”

“Very.”

“We’re at rehearsal, just got a break. I wanted to hear your voice.”

“Stop being cheesy.” Ariel purposely gagged at his words. “Have fun at rehearsal okay? Drink water. I have to start filming my other video.”

“Yeah I gotta go too. I’ll call you later. Have fun Ah-Young!”

“Yah!” The call ended before Ariel could yell at Chanyeol for using her Korean name. 

“Anyway,” Ariel said to herself. “I need to gather all my materials for the DIYs.” Ariel rolled herself off her bed and began walking to her closet, searching for her suitcase. She opened the closet doors and her eyes fell onto her suitcase. Opening it, she began searching for the necessities. She found tape, scissors, glitter, and glue refills for her glue gun. Her brows furrowed when she couldn’t find one specific item that she absolutely needed for her DIY project. “Where’s my glue gun?” She rummaged through her supplies again just incase she overlooked it, but it was nowhere to be found. Grabbing the items she already found, she laid it over by the floor near her camera. Placing her hands on her hips, she began thinking about where her glue gun was. “I know I bought one when I came to Korea.” She began pacing back and forth in front of her bed. “Where did I leave it?” She muttered the words to herself. If its not in her closet with her other belongings then.. crap.

Leave it to Ariel to forget one of her most useful tools at her father’s house. “Great, now I have to go to the devil and witch’s house.” She walked back to her closet, grabbing her jacket, backpack and shoes. “Off to the dungeon for my glue gun.”

“Shocking, he didn’t change the locks.” Ariel said to herself with the house key inside the door knob. She pushed the door opened and walked inside. “Hello? I left my glue gun here and I’m here to get it and go.” Ariel stepped further inside the apartment and realized no one was home yet. They’re probably at dinner, she thought to herself. She passed the kitchen area and saw a yellow post it note stuck on the counter which read: Went to the store to pick up the items you needed. Will be back soon. -Hyemi

“Must be the maid.” It had to be a new maid, her father fired a lot of the maids Ariel actually knew back then and none of them were named Hyemi. Carrying on with her life, she went into her former bedroom to pick up whatever she needed but it took a few minutes because she doesn’t exactly remember which drawer of her dresser she left it in. 

“Where is it?” She opened and closed drawers until one finally had her glue gun inside. “There you are.” Carefully wrapping the cord around it so it wouldn’t get tangled inside her backpack, she closed the drawer and proceeded to walk out of her old room so she could leave. When she came out into the living room, a sudden slam to the door and infuriated voices caught her attention as she whipped her head towards the front door. 

“How can you argue with the doctor? He was just giving us advice for the baby!” Sooyeon calmly argued back, not wanting to raise her voice because it’ll only cause stress for her and the baby. “And I agree with him.” She retorted, walking into the living room and placing her coat and purse on the couch. 

“Uh hello?” Ariel interrupted their argument but no one seemed to pay attention to her. They see her standing by the hallway frame but didn’t even bother to say anything to her. 

Mr. Choi stood behind Sooyeon as she was setting her things down and then she turned around for Mr. Choi’s response. “So you want me to cut my hours back at the office just for baby classes?”

Sooyeon gave him a ‘yes I want you to do exactly that,’ look. 

Mr. Choi tilted his head and scoffed at her thoughts. “I’m sorry that my job gives me tons of work which exerts me every night to not attend baby classes!”

Sooyeon scoffed at his absurd response. “Oh my god. Is the baby not important to you?!”

“It is important to me! How can you say that?” He spat back, feeling insulted at Sooyeon’s question.

Sooyeon tilted her head to the side, stunned at her husband’s lack of devotion to the baby. “Well it doesn’t seem like the baby is important to you bec

Please log in to read the full chapter