forty eight.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ariel was fulfilling her Youtube schedules in Seoul. Right now, she is currently hosting a local fashion show. It’s nothing like Fashion Week. It’s a small but well known South Korean online store, SheerLove, and they were showcasing their new spring line at an auditorium located in Seoul. Ariel met one of the designers in Malibu and offered to help MC the showcase. 

Ariel was standing off to the side, on stage, waiting for the current lineup to end for her to continue the show. The last model for that set walked off stage and Ariel walked to the center to announce the break. 

“You all loved that right?” Ariel said as she made her way to the center. 

The crowded responded by increasing the volume of the applaud. Ariel put on the brightest smile she could ever produce. “We’re not done yet guys. We still have a few more lines to showcase from SheerLove.” She flipped her cue cards and quickly skimmed the next announcement. “I have something very special for you guys.”

The crowd murmured amongst themselves, wondering what the surprise could be.

“Who here knows Yoon Sojin?” Ariel asked, raising her hand for everyone else to do as well. Everyone reacted to the question by either raising their hand, shouting yes or nodding their heads. 

“Well, I’d like to welcome you my best friend, Yoon Sojin!” Ariel gestured her hand out to the stage entrance as Sojin rushed on stage with her background dancers since she was performing her hit song, You & I. Ariel rushed to the side again as she watched Sojin perform. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvFy2ENJgZk

After the song ended, the dancers rushed backstage as Sojin stayed where she was, bowing to the audience. “Hello, I’m Yoon Sojin.”

Ariel clapped one hand on the other wrist as she made her way to Sojin. “Wasn’t she great guys?”

Sojin waved off the compliment. “Stop it.” She turned to crowd. “If you guys thought that was it, you’re wrong.”

“Yep, we have another song to sing together.” Ariel mentioned and turned to Sojin. “This is one of our favorite songs.”

Sojin agreed as she nodded her head. “It is a song we’re currently preparing really hard to sing at a wedding.”

The two girls took a few steps to the side, away from each other. Crew members ran on stage holding two chairs for Ariel and Sojin for their stage together. They sat down as the crew sat them down and quickly exited the stage. 

Ariel was the first one to speak. “We will be singing Adele’s Someone Like You. I hope you all will enjoy the performance.”

The girls glanced at each other, giving each other a nod to see if they were both ready and they were. Sojin cued the audio director by giving him a slight nod to play the music. The lights dimmed to fit the mood of the slow paced song and soft spotlights aimed at the girls’ bodies. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjlcEfvFCSE

a/n: Sojin is sojin (the girl on the left with the red blanket over her dress) | Ariel is Minah (the girl on the right)

The crowd swayed to the rhythm, waving their cell phones or their hands to the beat. From the looks on their faces, they were awestruck by the girls’ abilities to harmonize so beautifully. Once the song ended, the lights brightened up and the crowd responded to their performance by giving them a round of applause and shouting their names. 

The event continued on afterwards. The clock hit 9:05PM as everything came to an end. Ariel thanked the workers for their hard work as she walked out of the building. Sojin had been waiting for her since they were going to leave together. Sojin’s manager, Soohyun, picked up the two from the back entrance of the auditorium. They got into the car and drove away from the building. 

“Ariel.” Sojin said, turning around in the passenger seat to look at Ariel. “Do you know what you’re wearing to the wedding?”

Ariel thought about it and just shrugged her shoulders. “Not really.”

“You didn’t bring one of your amazing dresses?” 

Ariel shook her head. 

Sojin poked her lip out as she faced forward in her seat. “Dang it.”

“What?”

“I was hoping to borrow that black dress you wore to the after party in Japan.”

Ariel puckered her lips as she nodded her head. “Ah. Sorry, I gave it to my cousin.”

“It’s okay. But I have nothing to wear now.” 

“We still have two and half weeks before the wedding.” Ariel assured. 

“I won’t have time. That was why I asked if you had any extra dresses so I can borrow them. Ara said my other dresses are too old fashioned. Plus, Ara’s bridal shower is next week. What am I going to wear to that?!”

“A dress.” Ariel joked to herself as she took a glance outside the window. She saw the unamused look on Sojin’s face and cleared . “You have time now, don’t you?”

“Yeah..”

Ariel leaned forward and tapped on Soohyun’s shoulder. “Can you take a right at the next light? It’s the third building on the left.”

Soohyun stared at Ariel through the rearview mirror but Ariel gave her an assuring smile that it wasn’t a dangerous place. Soohyun followed the instructions that were given, and they pulled into the parking lot of an unknown building to Sojin and her manager but Ariel was quite familiar with it. Ariel and Sojin got out of the car as Soohyun stayed inside to take a business call and followed Ariel into a store. 

“Unnie?” Ariel called, stepping into the clothing store.

A woman in her late twenties came out of the back area of the store upon hearing Ariel’s voice. “Ariel!” She gr

Please log in to read the full chapter