twenty one.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Where are you going babe?”

“I told you to stop calling me that.”

“Where are you going Ariel?” Kai asked, emphasizing on Ariel’s name. 

Ariel pulled the door opened and walked inside the company’s lobby. “I am going to the practice room so I can make sure my stage is perfect for my mom.”

“Your mom is coming?!” Kai said, his face flushing in panic mode. “I’m not ready to meet her!”

“Chill.” Ariel sipped the cool water from her personal water bottle and nodded. “And yes. She’s coming to Seoul and traveling with us to Japan. Its like a mom and daughter week! I’ve never been to Japan and she’s been like 20 times for business. She’s going to take me to eat Japan’s famous foods and we’re going to take one of those Polaroid pictures! And-“ 

Kai placed his hand over Ariel’s mouth, “You’re rambling.”

Ariel made a snapping motion to Kai’s hand as he quickly removed his hand away from . “Anyway.. What songs are you performing?” Kai asked, following Ariel. 

“None of your business!” Ariel chimed. She opened the door to her practice room for the day and looked back at Kai to say goodbye. “I’ll be here all day incase you need me, only for emergencies though.”

“Hey Ariel!”

The two glanced in the direction of the voice to see Chanyeol jogging up to them. “I almost forgot we had to rehearse. Sorry!”

Ariel grinned, “Its fine. I’m just now getting here also… Thanks to someone.” Emphasizing on the word someone and motioning her head to Kai. 

“What are you doing here?” Kai asked curiously while crossing his arms. 

“He’s performing with me at the concert for a song during my lineup.” Ariel simply answered for Chanyeol. “Yeollie, why don’t you go ahead and start warming up? I’ll be there in a second.”

Chanyeol nodded his head and stepped inside the practice room, leaving Kai to stare at Ariel with a puzzled expression. 

Ariel noticed Kai’s expression and how his body suddenly tensed out of nowhere. She placed a hand on his shoulder, “Are you okay?” She asked with concerned eyes. 

“Yeah I’m totally fine.” Kai lied nonchalantly, thankful Ariel was gullible enough to fall for it. He remembered his conversation with Eunjung, who weirdly asked him to keep Ariel away from Chanyeol. He doesn’t know why Eunjung suddenly has problems with Ariel, who wouldn’t even harm a spider, which Ariel strongly hates. He knew Eunjung all his life since their parents were close friends. So he doesn’t know why she would ask him for that kind of a request. 

“Hello?”

Kai blinked a few times when Ariel’s voice brought him back to reality. “Sorry what did you say?”

“I have to go start rehearsing with Chanyeol now.”

“But what if I need you?”

Ariel raised a brow at Kai’s strangeness. “I don’t think you need me every second of every day. Besides, I think you can handle whatever problem swings your way. Now if you excuse me, I have to go.” Ariel fixed the strap of her bag and twisted the door knob to enter. 

Kai watched her walk inside the sound proof room and repeated the words she said to him. 

Besides, I think you can handle whatever problem swings your way

I don’t think I can handle this problem.

“Hello Jongin.”

Kai directed his attention the direction of where the voice came from. 

Shin Eunjung

“What do you want Eunjung?” Kai shoved his hands into the pockets of his jogging pants and walked down the hall to get to his destination. 

Eunjung quickly followed Kai next to him and crossed her arms as her gym bag was dangling from her shoulder. “I was just heading to practice until I saw the encounter.”

“Thats none of your business.”

Eunjung walked in front of Kai and stopped him from walking any further. “I think it is my business considering the deal we agreed to.”

Kai closed his eyes and reopened them. He tilted his head and scoffed from Eunjung’s response. “I didn’t agree to anything. I simply hung up on you last night after you said that.”

Eunjung shook her head slightly and grinned at Kai’s response. “Shame. Looks like Ariel has to suffer.” Eunjung clicked her tongue and whipped around, letting her hair graze Kai’s face. 

Kai’s jaw tightened from Eunjung’s rudeness. He caught up with her and stopped right in front of her. She stepped to the left, but Kai dodged her. Then she stepped to the right, but he blocked her again.

“I’m trying to be a good idol and rehearse for my stage.” She replied from his actions. 

“You’re not a good idol Eunjung. Why do you hate Ariel to the extent to blackmail her? What did she ever do to you?”

Eunjung’s heart stung from Kai’s harsh words. Her eyes softened a bit and he realized the change of energy between the two. 

“Chanyeol?” He asked, even though he knew he was right. 

“Its a long story.” Eunjung felt another jab to the heart at the mention of Chanyeol’s name. 

Kai could tell from her silence that it was about Chanyeol. “Look Eunjung, channeling your anger towards Ariel is not going to solve anything. Its going to make life harder not only for her, but for you as wells since you would be the cause of it.” Kai turned his head to the other side and gritted his teeth before returning his attention to Eunjung. “If you need someone to talk to, I’ll be here for you.”

Eunjung’s eyes stared right into Kai’s, “Really?”

Kai exhaled sharply, “Yes. Really. Blackmailing is not the right thing to do.”

Eunjung wiped her eyes with her hands incase tears were forming in them. “You’re right.” She sniffled, “Blackmailing isn’t right. I don’t know what I was thinking. I’m sorry for putting you in that position.”

“Its okay.” Kai responded, putting his hand on her shoulder for comfort. “You can tell me that long story if you want.” 

Eunjung’s eyes brightened up like usual at Kai’s offer. “Not now. I’m not ready to talk about it.”

Kai nodded his head understanding that it was too soon for Eunjung to talk about her heartbreak. “I understand. If you need me, just let me know and I’ll be there to listen.”

Eunjung sniffled her nose and held up her pinky. “Promise?”

Kai raised his pinky up as well and interlocked it with her’s. “Promise.”

Please log in to read the full chapter