twelve.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

“You what?!” Sojin squealed through the phone.

Ariel removed her phone slightly away from her ear due to Sojin’s squealing. “Stop squealing. You’re such a girl.”

Sojin scoffed, “No but seriously. He kissed you?!”

Ariel rolled her eyes, “You didn’t listen to me well. I said he almost did.”

“Wait, why didn’t you guys kiss?” Sojin burst. 

“My brother called me.”

“ block move dude.” Sojin groaned. 

Sojin took a quiet breath on the other line, “Another thing. Why were you at his place anyway?” 

Ariel hesitated to tell her the truth. “I wasn’t feeling well with the party atmosphere. Ya know drunk people were dancing. Not my kind of environment for a party.” 

“So does that mean you like Chanyeol?” Sojin asked calmly. 

Ariel sighed, “I don’t like him like that Sojin. How many times have I told you?”

Ariel heard a slight scoff from the other line. “Ariel, I think you do. If you didn’t like him, why didn’t you back away from his face? Huhhhh?”

“Shut up Sojin, I gotta go.”

Sojin giggled on the other line. “Totally ship you guys. OTP! But fine, I’ll let you meet up with your love bug. Call me later!”

Ariel hung the call as she opened the front door to SM Entertainment. She decided it would be better for her to walk to the company instead of having Luke drive her back and forth. He just got a job working at a semi big computer company and she didn’t want to waste his gas for her. It wouldn’t be a smart idea either if she rode with her father either. They didn’t speak a word to each other since the incident. Its been about 2 days since that night. But Ariel didn’t care, he was a goblin in her world now. 

Today, Megan told her they were scheduled to be in the recording studio. They were giving Ariel different songs to record to see which one would fit whatever concept they were aiming for. 

Ariel opens the door to the recording studio to see Megan and another guy, who probably was the producer. 

“Hey Ariel!” Megan greeted, “This is DaeHyun, the producer.”

“Hello Ariel.” DaeHyun shook Ariel’s hand. “So I assume you know what the plans are for today.” 

Ariel nodded her head. Daehyun handed her sheets of papers. “These are the songs we are going to try today. It might take awhile depending on how you sing the song because we might want it to sound differently.”

“So a trial run?” Ariel asked as she flipped through one stapled sheet. 

“Exactly. Just go inside the booth and read over the lyrics. We’re ready whenever you are.”

Come to Seoul Ariel

Be a singer they said

You love music

It’ll be fun

Never did Ariel thought she would be tired of singing. Today was the day that proved her wrong. She’s been belting out her voice for 3 hours. The producer, DaeHyun, was literally saying ‘again,’ every 5 seconds. Ariel would sing not even 10 words and he would cut off the music in her headphones to tell her to do it over again. She hasn’t even gotten passed through the first song. 

“Again.” DaeHyun sighed, “Sing with your feelings.” DaeHyun ordered as his finger pressed a button on the audio panel. 

Ariel took a sharp breath, “Got it.”

She re-sang the song as requested from DaeHyun, with feelings. But the only feelings you were having was sleepiness and hunger. 

The music was suddenly cut off. Ariel glimpsed over to the see through window to see a very annoyed DaeHyun. He leaned forward to press a button on the panel, “Ariel. We’re going to take a break.”

Ariel nodded her head. She removed the headphones from her head and hung them over the microphone. She walked out of the recording booth. DaeHyun barged out of the room before Ariel even stepped foot into the studio. 

Megan stood up from the chair which was in front of the computer monitor, “Um.. DaeHyun is very… picky, with his songs. So he needed some time to let out his frustration.” Megan examined at Ariel, with weary. “You look tired. Are you okay?”

Ariel quickly nodded her head so she wouldn’t make Megan too anxious about her health. “I’m fine.” 

Megan placed a hand on her hip, and studied Ariel’s expression. Megan’s concerned eyes disappeared. “Well.. alright if you say so.” Megan dug through her wallet for something, “Here.” She handed her a crisp $20 bill, “Go get yourself some coffee and something to eat. There’s a really nice cafe down the block. Uhh, Celestial Cafe. Its so good. Go get something.”

“So does that mean you’re dating? Chaniel?”

“I told you we’re not dating.” Chanyeol repeatedly mentioned. 

“But you guys almost kissed right?” Kai asked. 

Chanyeol played with the straw in his iced coffee cup. “We didn’t kiss.”

Sehun leaned back against his chair, and studied Chanyeol. “You like her.”

Chanyeol sighed. “Its complicated.”

Kai and Sehun glanced at each other. 

“So you do like her?” Kai and Sehun leaned closer against the table to study Chanyeol.

Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t want to like her. But it happened.”

Sehun groaned quietly. He dug through his pants for his wallet. He took out a crisp five dollar bill and slapped it onto Kai’s hand. 

Chanyeol raised a brow at them. “Why are you giving him $5?”

“Betting pool.” Kai answered as he shoved the dollar bill into his wallet.

Chanyeol scoffed. “You guys bet that I would like her?”

“Nooo. We just betted on how long it would take for you to realize your feelings.” Sehun replied. 

“Have you told her yet?” Kai asked. 

Chanyeol shook his head. “N

Please log in to read the full chapter