fourteen.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

“You’re writing a song?” Sojin asked through the phone. 

Ariel grinned, “Yeah. A lot of fans are requesting for something personal.” She drummed her fingers against the table. 

“I want to be the first one to hear an Ariel original!” Sojin begged. “So what are you doing right now?”

Ariel glanced at the doors of the restaurant she was in, Seoul Bistro, then returned her attention to her hands. “I’m waiting for Kai.”

“I still ship you and Chanyeol.” Sojin pouted. “I can’t believe Eunjung is dating Chanyeol. Like how did that happen?”

Ariel sighed quietly. She began tracing circles on the table surface. “Fate happens.” Ariel mentioned. 

The doors chimed opened, indicating that a customer walked in. Ariel glanced at the entrance to see Kai scanning the area for her. Ariel waved her hands in the air to capture Kai’s attention. He finally saw her sitting down and began walking over to their table. 

“Hey Sojin, I have to go. I’ll call you later.” Ariel clicked the call off. 

Kai walked over and sat down in the chair in front of her, hiding something behind his back. 

Ariel glanced at Kai, who looked suspicious. “What are you doing?”

Kai removed his hands from the back to reveal daisies. He held out the bouquet to her, “For you.”

Ariel sneezed as she held onto the bouquet. “Thats sweet of you. Thank you!” She placed the bouquet down on the table. “What took you so long? You’re late.” Ariel pouted.

Kai gestured his thumb towards the windows in the front. There were photographers and reporters outside goggling them like they never seen a couple on a date. “They wouldn’t leave, and I thought they would leave so I just waited in my car. But they never left.”

Ariel puckered her lips and nodded her head. “Why are they out there?” She asked as she opened the menu. 

Kai grinned and looked through the menu. “They want pictures of SM’s hottest couple.”

Ariel removed her eyes from the menu and glanced around her. “I don’t see Baekhyun and Taeyeon here. Are we double dating with them?”

Kai gave Ariel a blank expression. “Thats not funny.”

Ariel grinned and continued to read the menu. “It is to me.”

The two finished their dinner date quickly. It was a slightly awkward dinner, the only sounds that was heard were eating utensils hitting the plate and loud chatters from other customers. After dinner, Kai offered to take Ariel to her house, which she reluctantly agreed to. Kai and Ariel walked over to his car. He walked over to the driver side as soon as the car was in sight. Ariel opened the passenger door and sat down. They buckled their seat belts and Kai turned the engine on. 

Ariel glanced down at the bouquet of daisies which were laying on her lap. She sneezed quietly and rubbed her nose. She grabbed the bouquet and threw it onto Kai’s lap. “Next time you buy me flowers, make sure they don’t have pollen.” 

Kai had one hand on the wheel, and scoffed at Ariel throwing the bouquet at him. “You should be lucky I even bought you those flowers.”

Ariel poked the inside of her cheeks in aggravation, “If I could, I would break up with you right now.”

Kai smirked, “Too bad. We’re both stuck in a relationship we don’t want to be in. Just it up and look pretty.”

Ariel scoffed and continued to look out the window, “Look pretty? You sound like my father.”

“We’re in this mess because of your father.” Kai retorted. 

Flashback:

“What do you want father?” Ariel asked as she tapped her foot against the marbled floors.

Mr. Choi was sitting down on his desk, hands clasped together. He gazed outside the window before giving Ariel his attention. “I have a surprise for you.”

Ariel pressed her lips into a thin line. “I don’t need anything from you.”

Mr. Choi responded with a lopsided grin. He removed his hands from each other, leaned towards his desk and pressed a button on the phone, “Eunji, send him in.” 

A voice emerged from the receiver, “He’s outside your door sir.”

Ariel raised a brow and crossed her arms. “Look can you tell me what the surprise is? I have a schedule to get to.”

Mr. Choi leaned back against his leather executive chair, “Darling, you’re new in this industry and we need to boost the number of Korean fans you have.”

“Get to the point Father.” Ariel blurted impatiently. 

Mr. Choi rested his body towards on desk, “Come in!” Mr. Choi said, raising his voice a bit louder for the person outside the door to hear.

Ariel turned around to glance at the young man coming into her father’s office. She turned to face her father, who had a smirk on his face. “What is Kai doing here?”

Mr. Choi pointed to Ariel, “You are going to be dating,” He pointed to Kai, “Him.”

Ariel’s eyes widen in shock. She glanced at Kai, who just stared down at his shoes. Ariel raised her hand in the air, “Whoa. Wait, why? I have the right to date whoever I want. I don’t want to date anyone right now.”

“Kai, why don’t you go outside and wait for Ariel?” Mr. Choi suggested.

Kai nodded his head, “Yes sir.” He turned around, and whispers to Ariel before he goes into the hall, “I’ll be outside.” 

Ariel glared at her father, who was acting like he was an angel. “Why?”

Mr. Choi tilted his head, “You should be thanking me.”

Ariel scoffed and rubbed her temples from irritation, “Thank you? For what? I didn’t ask for a boyfriend.”

Mr. Choi stood up from his chair, he walked around his desk and leaned against the front of his desk. “As soon as the public knows you’re dating Kai from EXO, everyone is going to ask, ‘Whose Ariel?’ That is the power of dating. More fans for you and publicity.”

“We’re here.” Kai said as the car came to a stop in front of Ariel’s apartment complex, snapping Ariel out of her thoughts.

“Thanks.” Ariel muttered as she unbuckled the seat and pulled the car handle. 

Kai reached out for her wrist to stop her from leaving so soon. Ariel glanced at Kai’s hand, which was holding her back from leaving, “Sorry to burst your bubble. But we’re not in a Korean drama, so you can cut the act.” Ariel pulled her wrist off of Kai’s grasp and slammed the door shut. 

Kai ruffled his hair in slight frustration, “Aish, this girl.” He quickly turned the engine off, got out of the car and slammed the door. “Ariel, wait!” He called out when he saw Ariel stop in the middle of a path which led to the main door of the apartment building. Kai jogged up to Ariel, who was irritated. 

Ariel crossed her arms when she faced Kai, “What?”

Kai took a deep breath, “I’m sorry for what I said in the car.”

Ariel displayed no expression

Please log in to read the full chapter