thirty two.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Where is he?” Ariel drummed her fingers against the arm rest of the chair she was sitting on. It was only a matter of her father being ten minutes late. She was brought into his office to discuss the dating scandal between her and Chanyeol. He wasn’t sitting next to her, Ariel wished he was here but Megan informed her he wouldn’t be present because of a schedule. 

It had been only a few days since the article had been posted and so far, Ariel’s comeback was pushed back for who knows how long and her schedules halted for the time being. 

Too deep within her thoughts, Ariel didn’t realize someone walked inside the office. She didn’t realize someone was present until she saw their body walked behind the wooden desk. 

Ariel immediately stood up to acknowledge his presence but Mr. Choi motioned for her to sit down again. He ed his formal jacket and sat down. “Ah-Young.”

“Yes father.” Ariel has to play nice right now or who knows what’ll happen. 

“Media control over the scandal concerning you and Park Chanyeol is completed. We’ve dealt with the person who submitted those pictures to the reporters. We informed the person of their consequences due to their selfish actions. We’re going to keep the person anonymous from the public, just know this person won’t bother you and Chanyeol anymore.”

“Does that mean we can stay together?” Ariel carefully asked. 

Mr. Choi leaned back in his chair. “Yes, you two can stay together.”

On the inside, Ariel felt extremely happy but she contained her excitement so her father wouldn’t see her bursting out of happiness. 

“I assume you’re wondering why I chose to let you two stay together.” Mr. Choi cleared his throat as he continued. “If he makes you happy, then I shouldn’t come in between your relationship.” He held up his hand towards the door. “You may go now.”

Ariel gaped at her father’s word and left his office dumbfounded. He still has fatherly thoughts at least?

As soon as she stepped out of his office, her phone began buzzing, letting her know there was an incoming call. “Hello?” 

“How did it go?” Chanyeol asked through the line, with pure nervousness emitting in his voice. 

Ariel sighed deeply, she was going to have fun first before telling him the truth. “Well..”

“WE’RE STAYING TOGETHER. I DON’T CARE WHAT HE SAYS. TOGETHER FOREVER CHOI AH-YOUNG.”

Ariel chuckled as she walked to the back entrance of the building, she wasn’t ready to get pelted with more objects. “I’m just messing with you. He said he dealt with the media and the person responsible. And we can stay together.”

“REALLY?! YAH CHOI AH-YOUNG DON’T PLAY WITH MY MIND AGAIN. YOU ALWAYS DO THOSE STUPID MIND GAMES AND I OUGHTA THROW YOUR MAKEUP SUPPLIES AWAY!” 

Ariel halted her steps and scoffed at Chanyeol’s response. “Oh really?” She said, raising her left brow. “I like to see you try that with no hands and a bald head.”

“Baby no! Not my hair! Or my hands!”

Ariel shook her head as she giggled at him. “Then don’t threatened to throw away my makeup!” She whined on the phone. “They’re my babies.”

“I thought I was your baby?”

“Yah Park Chanyeol, are you really asking me to do your makeup again?” She threatened. 

“Okay okay fine, no more cheesy lines.”

“Are you busy tonight?” Ariel changed the topic. “Everyone has plans tonight and Sojin’s coming over but she won’t be there until late. So I was wondering if you wanted to come over and eat dinner with me?”

“And the menu is?”

“Chef Ariel is serving spaghetti.”

“Spaghetti? I’m so there. I’ll see you at 7!”

Ariel arrived at her apartment complex thanks to Luke. He wasn’t able to walk her up because he had plans to go out with friends and something about a date with Yuji? 

Yeah definitely a some relationship. Before Ariel could get on the elevator, the guard at the lobby desk stopped her. “Hey Ariel, you have mail.” He handed her a big white envelope.

Ariel eyed the letter in her hands. She headed for the elevator, when she stood inside, she scanned the envelope. 

Ariel walked out of the elevator when it halted at her floor. She opened the door to her apartment, took her shoes off and placed the envelope on the coffee table. Ariel went into the kitchen to prepare dinner for her and Chanyeol. Around forty-five minutes later, spaghetti for two was prepared and Ariel just needed to wait on Chanyeol to arrive. 

Ariel walked back into the living room to sit down on the couch to rest before Chanyeol would arrive. Her eyes saw the envelope on the table, Ariel reached for the package and tore off the seal of the envelope. To her surprise, when the seal was broken off of the package, another envelope was inside. “What is this?” She flipped the actual letter and read the label. University of Berkeley? I never got the chance to apply here because of the move.

Ariel ripped the seal and read the letter that was tucked inside. On behalf of the admissions staff, we would like to inform you that your application has been accepted for the upcoming fall semester. Please log into your designated student account to officially accept your acceptance into our institution. 

Ariel shifted her body which made a small folded paper fall from the other envelope package. She picked it up and unfolded it. Hi Ah-Young! Its your Aunt Sara. As you heard from my brother, Jay, I’ve been living in your home back in the States. We received this letter from the University of Berkeley and we were confused about receiving it, thinking it was a mail error. But it wasn’t when we contacted the postal office. So then we contacted the admissions office at Berkeley. Ah-Young, your mother personally sent in your application for enrollment at the school. It looks like you’ve been accepted since its the thick package. I didn’t want to tell you through a phone call about this so I mailed it to you. Whatever you choose to do, I know you’ll be fine and your mom will be happy with whatever path you decide to take on in life. 

Love, Aunt Sara.

While reading the letter, tears were beginning to fall from her eyes. Her mother sent in her application for her. She was so immersed with the move to Korea that Ariel never had time to apply for colleges. But to found out her mom did it for her overwhelmed her with a sea of different emotions. Tears of gratitude began to fall from her eyes just staring at her acceptance letter.

Knock knock.

On impulse, Ariel hid the letter underneath the couch and quickly wiped her face from anymore tears that were threatening to fall. Thank goodness for waterproof makeup. 

Without evening looking at a mirror to see if her tears ruined her makeup, Ariel rushed to the door and opened it for Chanyeol to step inside. “Hey.” She tried to greet him like how she usually does, with a bright smile. 

Chanyeol pecked her lightly on her cheeks as he walked inside. “You look beautiful as always.”

Ariel silently thanked the heavens for managing to look normal without signs of crying a few minutes ago. “Cheesy idiot as always.” She chuckled, trying to brighten her own mood. She went further into the apartment, going into the kitchen first to get the spaghetti ready on the plate which left Chanyeol sitting on the couch. Ariel returned to the living, holding a tray which had the food and two bottles of water. “Here.” She sat down carefully and placed a plate and utensils in front of him. 

Chanyeol picked up his chopsticks and stirred around the noodles. “Look at you being a chef.”

Ariel kept her eyes on setting her own plate in front of her and the water bottles. “That’ll be $12.95 plus tip.” She held her hand out to Chanyeol. “Pay up.”

Instead of putting cash on her hand, he placed his hand on her’s and pulled Ariel closer to him; their faces were only inches away from each.

Ariel cleared . “You must really want me to put makeup on you again?” Ariel said, breaking the little intimate moment they had. With that, Chanyeol released his grip of her hand. “I will never let you put makeup on me ever again.”

“If you say so..” Ariel muttered as she twirled noodles to her fork. 

“So what else happened during the meeting?” Chanyeol asked, still curious about it because Ariel didn’t really inform him what happened. 

“We didn’t bump heads this time.” Ariel stated as she took a bite of the spaghetti she made. “The impor

Please log in to read the full chapter