forty seven.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

I’m back.

Ariel walked out of the gates and into the wide airport area. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, taking everything in one moment at a time. 

I’m back, it feels nice to be back.

Ariel reopened her eyes and scanned the waiting area to see where any of her family members were. Before she could even identify anyone, Ariel heard her name being shouted. With a cheeky smile plastered, she ran towards her older brothers who were holding a welcome back placard and balloons. 

Ariel ran up to her brothers, dropping her suitcase as well, and gave them the biggest hug she could give. “I missed you guys so much.” She muffled into Luke’s shoulders as tears of joy flooded. 

Daniel patted her shoulders. “We missed you too.” Daniel and Luke stepped back and eyed their baby sister. “How was everything?”

Ariel wiped away the tears with her palm. “It was pleasant. It was a breath of fresh air being gone.”

Luke let out a cheeky smile. “You’re back now.” He grabbed Ariel’s suitcase and rolled it next to his side. “We need to get going. There’s a big dinner at Uncle Jay’s house.”

After retrieving the rest of Ariel’s luggage, they set off to head to Uncle Jay’s house. From what Luke said as they were waiting for her luggage, the house is extremely nice and spacious and it was ten minutes away from the city. Different from his apartment since it was actually located in the city life. 

It was a one hour drive and Ariel familiarized herself with the new neighborhood when they drove into a suburban family like neighborhood. 

“Wah, these are really big houses.” Ariel admired, looking through the window as they passed by each house. 

“Ara and Sojin decorated the guest room for you.” Luke mentioned as he stole a glance at his sister. “It’s really nice.”

“Why did they do that?” Ariel asked out of pure curiosity. There wasn’t a need to decorate the guest room for her when she wouldn’t be staying for more than a month. 

“They just wanted to. I don’t know, girl stuff?” Daniel answered nonchalantly as they arrived at the house from what Ariel could remembered what it looked like from the one picture she seen. 

They got out of the car and went to the trunk to get Ariel’s suitcases out. Luke inserted the key to open the door. Before he opened the door, Luke turned to Ariel. “Be prepared to be amazed.” With that, he pushed the door opened and oh my good heavens. It was well decorated throughout the house.

Daniel and Luke ventured further into the house with Ariel trailing behind them. She was looking up and around, taking in her new surroundings. The outside of the house was big yes but the inside took her breath away because she didn’t think it would be this well decorated on the inside.

 

Then they entered the dining room, and Ariel went to heaven. The sight of true Korean food made Ariel feel euphoria. Her uncle caught sight of her and immediately gave her a welcoming hug. 

“You’re here, we all missed you.” Uncle Jay mentioned as he took a step back, he gestured his hand out to one of the dining chairs for her to sit. “Let’s eat. Ara and Sojin just finished cooking.”

Speaking of Sojin, she walked into the dining room with a pitcher of water and her cell phone in the other. She set the pitcher on the table and for a bear crushing hug. “I missed you so much!”

Ariel chuckled as she patted Sojin’s shoulders. “I missed you too.” Ariel lightly pushed Sojin away from her. “Let’s catch up after dinner.”

Dinner was filling. Ara made all of Ariel’s favorites, tteokbokki, samgyupsal, and kimchi fried rice. Uncle jay also baked. Yes, baked. He attempted to make Ariel her favorite dessert, steamed buns filled with red bean. Needless to say, Uncle Jay can’t even boil water let alone making steamed buns. So everyone steered clear from it. 

Ariel was extremely thrilled to be back and eating her home country’s food, it was better than eating than the American food she ate back in Malibu. After dinner, Ara refused Ariel from doing dishes so Sojin took her upstairs to Ariel’s bedroom. 

 

Sojin opened the door to where Ariel was staying. It was really fitting for Ariel, pictures were posted on the wall and white christmas lights

Please log in to read the full chapter