forty.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I hope you’re all happy with my decision. Please don’t get mad at me.” Ariel just finished explaining her final decision to her family. “I know it’s a lot to take in right now but please just understand why I’m doing this.”

As the man of the household, Uncle Jay clasped his hands together and nodded his head. He knew why Ariel chose to do this and accepted her decision. “Ariel, we’re not mad. You have a life back in California. I just want to stress that you will always have a place here, always.”

“Thanks.” Ariel smiled happily, glad to see her family was able to understand her choices. “I appreciate it a lot.”

Cross out the one of the items on my todo list. Tell my family. 

Sojin sighed loudly for everyone to divert their attention her. “Since we’re all dropping bombs, I have something to say.”

Ariel furrowed her brows as she gave her attention to Sojin. Confused as to what news she could be bringing. Whatever it is, it couldn’t top Ariel’s. 

“I’m signing to Crescendo Entertainment.” 

“What?!” Ariel said in surprised. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

Sojin held back a chuckle from her reaction. “It was surprising to me as well when your uncle asked me. But I thought about it a lot and went over to the building to see everything for myself. So I’m now signed to Crescendo Entertainment as a soloist.”

Ariel turned her attention to her uncle who was innocently sitting on the couch, glancing around the room to avoid Ariel’s eyes. “Uncle Jay! Why didn’t you tell me?!”

“Business confidential?” He answered nervously. 

"Business confidential, sure.” Ariel threw a pillow at him. “Is there anymore news that need to be announced?”

“Me and Yuji are dating now, since yesterday.” Luke mentioned, shielding his face with his arms incase Ariel threw a pillow at him.

“I said news. That’s old news.” Ariel clarified. 

Luke scoffed. “It is too news! We just started to date yesterday! That’s new to you!”

Daniel who was sitting next to Luke, slammed a pillow to his face. “Stop it, Luke. That was so three weeks ago.”

“What do you mean three weeks ago?! We just started dating!”

Sojin shook her head. “You and Yuji were in a some relationship since forever!”

“We were not! It just took awhile for us to get together!”

“BS!” Daniel called out. “You just didn’t acknowledge your feelings!”

“Agreed.” Ariel said, nodding her head. 

“We have some news.” Uncle Jay said, as Ara nodded her head too. 

“We realized our feelings for each other a few days ago! We were never in a some relationship!”

“Stop being in denial.” Ariel spat out. “You and Yuji were denying your feelings for each other for a long time.”

“Hence, a some relationship.” Sojin finished.

“Uh, we have news too guys.” Ara tried to say but the younger adults were too absorbed into their argument. 

“We were not in a some relationship! That’s final!”

Oh but it wasn’t final for the other three. 

“Uh, guys?” Uncle Jay tried to get their attention by waving his hand. 

“These days,It feels like you’re mine, it seems like you’re mine but not

It feels like I’m yours, it seems like I’m yours but not” The three sang the chorus of the song, Some, together to annoy Luke. Daniel sang the male part as Sojin and Ariel sang the female part together. 

“We were not in a some relationship for the last time!”

“We’re getting married!” He announced suddenly and everyone turned their heads to them. 

Ariel slowly pointed her finger to the couple. “What?”

“We’re getting married.” Uncle Jay repeated as Ara lifted her left hand up, revealing a sparkling silver band wrapped on the ring finger. “I proposed to her the other night.”

The young adults’ face were blank as they took in the sudden news about their engagement. It was only seconds later that they continued the argument about Luke being in a some relationship with Yuji. 

“You guys are wrong! Yuji and I were never in a some relationship!”

“Oh then why the hell were you singing to her on the phone that night?!” Daniel shot back. 

“I wasn’t singing! I was humming!”

“Humming my ! You were singing you !” 

They continued arguing as Sojin and Ariel were singing the song, Some, just to push Luke’s buttons. While, Jay and Ara just shook their heads at them and quietly left them to argue. 

“We were never in a some relationship!”

“Then why did you buy her that Tiffany’s bracelet?!”

Ariel stopped singing and joined Daniel in the argument as Sojin continued singing. “You bought her a bracelet from Tiffany’s? I asked you to buy me that for my 16th birthday and you said no! That's not fair and I'm your sister!”

A few days later, Ariel waited outside her father’s office. She was about to do something big to her life and the first step is to talk to her father. They may not get along but right now, it’s strictly business. 

The secretary outside his office, approached Ariel. “Your father will see you now.” She stated and sauntered back to her desk area. Ariel stood up from the chair she was sitting on, she bowed to his secretary as she entered her father’s office.

Mr. Choi noticed another presence in his office and glanced up from the paperwork on his desk. “Oh, Ah-Young.”

“Hi.” She greeted quietly, bowing her head slightly. 

Mr. Choi pushed the papers on his desk to the side and focused his attention to his daughter. “Is there something you need? You don’t visit unless I ask you to stop by.”

Ariel walked to the chair in front of his desk and sat down. “I have something to ask for.”

He pressed his lips into a thin line at her sentence. He laid his hands on the desk and clasped them together. “What is it?”

“Terminate my contract.”

Mr. Choi tilted his head to the side upon hearing the unusual request. “I’m sorry?”

Ariel bit her lip nervously. “Terminate my contract.”

“Why?”

Ariel tried to decode her father’s expression so she could figure out what he was thinking but he had a pokerface on. She cleared to hide the fact she was staring at her father. “Let’s not act dumb. We both know I’m not happy here. I can’t do anything because of what happened with the scandal. You tried to get me into modeling but that didn’t work because of my health. So just please, I would like to request for a contract termination.” Ariel went into her bag and took out a manila folder, containing the necessary papers for a contract termination. She stood up and placed the folder on his desk. “I already took care of the rest. All you need to do is sign.”

Ariel stood still, holding her breath. Nervous was written all over her face because she didn’t know if her father would sign and terminate everything he worked for. Staying at the company would only mean more dead ends for her. She wouldn’t be able to pursue dreams nor accomplish goals if she stayed there. After what seemed like an eternity, Mr. Choi reached for his pen and inked his signature on the papers Ariel handed him. He placed the papers back into the folder and slid it across his desk for Ariel to take. Ariel carefully reached for the folder and put it back into her bag. 

“Is that it?” Mr. Choi asked. 

Ariel nodded her head. She turned around to leav

Please log in to read the full chapter