fifty one.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Bridezilla

bride·zil·la (noun — humorous)

a woman whose behavior in planning her wedding is regarded as obsessive or intolerably demanding

NOTHING can describe Ara even more perfectly.

Sojin and I have been running around the entire city of Seoul, looking for something old, new, borrowed, and blue. 

SOMETHING BLUE.

Seriously, I love Ara but something old, new, borrowed and blue?

Who does that? Please tell me because I am so sorry.

Ara borrowed my earrings. She’s using her mother’s old handkerchief. 

Something new and blue?

Right now, I’m at an antique store, trying to find something blue and new. 

Ariel’s phone rang for the fifteenth time, and she automatically knew who was calling her. Without even checking the caller ID, she slid her finger across the answer bar on the screen. “What do you need again?”

“Don’t forget! Something old, new and blue!”

“I thought you already had something old?”

“It’s too old!”

Ariel restrained herself from going ballistic on Ara. Her wedding is in three days, Ariel. 

“Fine, I’ll look for something old. Bye.” Ariel locked her phone thus ending the phone call. Not even five seconds passed and it ranged again from the same caller. “What?” She deadpanned, getting annoyed at the constant phone calls. 

“Something blue! Don’t forget!”

“Ara, what about black instead?”

“Why black? You know black isn’t apart of my color scheme!”

So I can give you a black eye for making me run all over Seoul.

“My color scheme is mint blue and white!”

GOODBYE ARA.

Too annoyed to speak anymore, Ariel ended the call and continued her search in the boutique store. The search for something new, blue, and now old, is tiring. All the pictures Ariel sent to Ara for approval, she didn’t accept it. Sojin even had to leave Ariel in the search because of her schedule. Neither of them knew it would take this long just for three items.

Something old…

Ariel carefully scanned the jewelry displays in the antique store. She was overlooking the jewelry and there were a lot of items that Ariel liked. But this isn’t her wedding, it’s Ara’s. 

A locket captured her eyes. It was something old for sure but it’s vintage, it should work for Ara right? 

Ariel pointed her finger at the locket in the display. “Can you wrap this up for me please?”

The old lady smiled and proceeded to wrap the item for Ariel. After paying for the locket, Ariel walked down the streets, glancing at the different shops around her. 

Something old. Check. 

Now I need something new and blue. 

Ariel spotted her favorite coffee shop, Celestial Cafe. Deciding to buy a mango smoothie, Ariel walked inside and placed an order. After receiving her drink, Ariel exited the cafe and resumed her search for Ara. 

Ariel walked down the streets, and shop vendors could be seen. Ariel scanned the items that were displayed on the table but nothing caught her eye. 

“Why is this so hard? I’m not even the one getting married.” Ariel muttered to herself. She decided to the end her search and let Ara rip her head off. At least she found something old right?

Well, she didn’t rip my head off in two. 

Apparently, Ara found items in her closet that fit her perspective so thankfully Ariel didn’t need to tell her that she didn’t find the new and blue. When Ariel did show Ara the locket, Ara didn’t throw it at her head either so she took it as a sign that she didn’t hate it. 

Ariel was sitting in the guest room, relaxing herself for the next two days. The wedding is right around the corner and she sure wasn’t ready for it. It only meant Ara becoming more and more of a bridezilla; and Ariel wasn’t trying to die. Ariel laid on her bed, playing around with her phone until a phone call interrupted the game she was playing. 

“Yes?”

“Ariel, why didn’t you tell me you’re signing with Crescendo?!”

Ariel pulled her phone back as Sojin literally screeched through the line. “Okay, Sojin. You can stop shouting.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?!” She whined.

“Because it literally just happened not too long ago.” Ariel said, rolling her body around so her stomach was resting on the bed. 

“I can’t believe we’re going to be label mates!”

“You can stop screaming now.”

“But Ariel, you’re still leaving after the wedding? Why can’t you just stay here?”

Ariel sighed as she traced the lace on her bed covers. “Because I have events in California to do also. I’m going to be training there. I’ll come back when I feel like I’m ready.”

“Ready for what? You’re already killing every single music chart here!”

Ariel bit her lip. “I just want to better myself. I want to enhance my music skills. When I come, I’ll be a much better Ariel.”

“But-“

“Sojin, please don’t try to talk me out of this. Uncle Jay tried for an hour and it didn’t work. I’m still going back.. I’m not sure when I’ll come back but I am. I’ll see you in an hour at rehearsal.” Ariel threw her phone back onto the bed as she began getting ready for their next rehearsal for the wedding. She went out into the living room to meet Daniel who was already sitting on the couch waiting. 

“Ready?” He asked as he stood up. 

Ariel nodded. “Yep.” 

The two siblings walked out of the house together and entered the car so they could be on their way to Crescendo Entertainment to prepare for the wedding songs. But before they can do that, Daniel practically begged her to finish recording his song. Once they arrived, Daniel led Ariel into the studio room and Ariel automatically walked into the recording booth. She took a quick sip of her water and warmed to prepare herself for the high notes.

“Are you ready Ariel?”

Ariel tilted her head to both sides to crack it and nodded. “Yeah. Play the music.”

Please log in to read the full chapter