fifty two.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wedding Day

“Well, that was emotional.”

“Yeah I know right.”

“So many tears were shed.”

“I never knew churches had that many tissue boxes just incase.”

“Who knew Uncle Jay could cry that many tears?”

The traditional ceremony ended not too long ago. The ceremony was beautiful as many of the guests would say. It was also extremely emotional. You would think Ara cried because it was her dream wedding becoming a reality. No. Uncle Jay cried three Niagara Falls. Yeah, a lot of tissues were needed. Like five boxes. 

Daniel, Sojin, and Ariel left right after the ceremony ended and were now at the reception revenue to fix any kind of last minute preparations for the songs at dinner. Ara added two songs the list and instead of having them divide parts, rearrange the song, and memorize the lyrics. Sojin and Ariel would sing both songs as a duet since Daniel spent hours rearranging both songs. Daniel opted to play the guitar for one song and the piano for the other. 

“I think we got everything worked out.” Daniel mentioned as he checked his music sheets on the stand. “You girls got everything.”

Sojin yawned soundlessly. “Yeah. We should get ready for the wedding.” 

The trio stood up from the front area of the revenue and went towards the exit to go to the hotel rooms that Ara and Jay used to get ready that day. Sojin and Ariel went into Ara’s room which was on the 10th floor as Daniel went to the 15th floor. 

Sojin and Ariel began getting ready. They slid their dresses on that Woori fitted them for.

Sojin>>(Yes I changed her dress lmao)

Ariel>>

Ariel began applying makeup to her face since it was nearing the time that guests were beginning to arrive for the reception. “So is Kai coming?” Ariel asked, creating a thin winged look to her eyes. She set the eyeliner back into her pouch. “He is your date right?”

“No, he’s not my date. I just invited him.” Sojin replied, applying a light shade of pink to her cheeks. 

“Why isn’t he your date? He’s going to be alone half the time during dinner.”

Sojin set the brush down as she bit her lip nervously. “Uh..”

Ariel turned around to face Sojin with a mascara brush in her hand. “He’s not coming by himself?”

Sojin ignored Ariel’s question as she dugged through her makeup pouch to ignore eye contact. 

“Sojin.. Is Kai bringing someone?” Ariel asked, turning her body to Sojin with her brow raised. 

“Maybe I gave him the plus one invitation and indirectly told him to invite Chanyeol?” Sojin hinted at, bringing her arms in front of her for protection. “Don’t hurt me!”

“I’m not going to hurt you.” 

Sojin’s arms fell to her lap. “Really?”

Ariel threw used makeup wipes at Sojin’s face. “Yah! Why did you do that?!”

Sojin frowned at the dirty wipes on her dress, thankfully it didn’t mess her makeup or dress. “What was that for? I don’t get a ‘thank you Sojin for inviting my one true love to the wedding?!’” She threw the dirty wipes onto floor. 

“I wanted fate to bring us back together! Not you and Kai forcing us to meet.”

“What’s the big deal? You’re going to see him anyway.”

Ariel sighed as she turned back to the mirror and stared at her reflection. “I wanted fate to bring us back together. Not through my friends.”

“What is with you about this fate idea?”

Ariel shrugged. “It brought Uncle Jay and Ara back together. I believe it’ll do the same to Chanyeol and I.” Ariel narrowed her eyes at her face, dapping her index finger lightly on her cheeks. “Well, I’m ready. I’ll see you down there. I have to help Luke greet the guests.” Ariel stood up and sauntered off to the lobby area to greet the incoming guests. She found Luke standing nearby the doors which led to the reception area. 

“Hey, I’m here.” Ariel calmly announced as she approached Luke. She stood next to him and began greeting the guests that arrived and accepted the wedding gifts on Uncle Jay and Ara’s behalf.

“You look tired. Are you okay?” Luke whispered as he slightly leaned towards Ariel. 

Ariel put on a small but evident smile on her face as another guest left them a wedding gift. “I’m just exhausted already.”

Fifteen minutes passed by and the table behind them was filled with wedding gifts varying in sizes. A panting Daniel soon appeared in front of them as the lobby began emptying out from the guests. 

“Ariel. There you are. I th-thought you were inside.” He panted as he bent over, inhaling and exhaling deep breaths. 

“I was right here the entire time.” Ariel stated. Another guest approached them as they handed Ariel a white envelope, filled with money, and quickly went inside the reception area. “Why are you looking for me?” 

Daniel got his breathing back to normal. He stood up straighter as an anxious look crossed his face. “Ara gave us another song to sing. I’ve been arranging it for the past hour.”

“What?” Ariel scoffed in disbelief. “The reception is literally in thirty minutes! Me and Sojin don’t have time to learn a new song!”

Daniel held onto Ariel’s wrist and shot Luke a look which Luke understood within seconds. “You’re going to sing it.” Daniel dragged Ariel into an empty corridor nearby the elevators and quickly handed her the lyrics. He took his phone out and began playing the background track for Ariel to go off by. 

Sojin walked around the banquet area and greeted the guests since that was her job until the dinner concert. Sojin bowed to the unfamiliar guests and said hello to the ones she knew from Ara’s side of the family. When she just finished greeting Ara’s friends, a tap on the shoulder made Sojin turn around at the skin contact. 

“Kai.”

The male held his hand up to say hello and the corners of his lips tugged

Please log in to read the full chapter