forty four.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jay —

I asked Ara, can’t we just elope? It’ll be cheaper. 

I got a slap to the face and I had to sleep on the couch for two days. 

Planning a wedding is a pain in the . How do wedding planners do it? Seriously, you are a saint. 

For the past three months, I’ve been working on Sojin’s comeback and helping Ara plan the wedding.

Well, I’m not really planning. I just nod my head as Ara plans her dream wedding. 

The day Sojin suggested a live band, I really liked the idea. It’s nice having to hear live music at a reception. But Ara thinks it’s old fashioned. 

Bands at weddings are old fashioned? PSH.

So is something old, something new, and something blue yet she's still doing that.

We compromised for a REALLY long time about the music. 

So after a long discussion, we’re going with a DJ; however, we’re going to have Daniel, Sojin, and Ariel sing a couple of songs at our reception during the dinner portion. It’s nice to hear live music during dinner right?

I skyped my dear niece when Ara and I finally came to a decision. When her face popped up on the screen, I was relieved to see her. She looked happy. I didn’t see the frustration on her face like I usually did whenever she came home from work. There was something I detected in her facial expressions that bothered me, I couldn’t really decipher what feeling it was but it was something. 

I asked her about the wedding songs with Daniel and Sojin. She was more than happy to do it. I sent her the link to the songs and she was confused on why I chose one particular song. When you hear the song, you’re wondering, ‘Why this?’ Well, just like any other couple, Ara and I had our ups and downs. We didn’t want others to see us as the picture perfect couples. 

Let’s get this right, no couple is perfect. 

Ara and I went through a roller coaster. So when you hear the song, you’ll get a gist of our story. It's not word for word about us but you get an idea.

It’s not just one sad song. Ara requested for other songs to be played as well. She only let me choose one song. But that’s fine, I got one song in.

After telling Ariel the important information, I asked her how she was doing. She said she was okay, she’s doing events to promote brands and all. She kinda hesitated at one point to ask me about something or maybe someone, but she just brushed it off and said she had to leave. 

Oh, I forgot to mention. Sojin finally made her debut. Her music video was released a few days ago. It’s doing pretty well for a ro

Please log in to read the full chapter