thirty four.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Ariel, can you get me more rice?” Luke asked at the dinner table. 

Ariel, however, ignored his request. Still annoyed how he gave Chanyeol a . 

“Ariel? Rice please?”

“Ariel, go get your brother some rice.” Daniel demanded, not understanding why she was ignoring Luke because it was unusual for her to do so. 

Ariel stood up, took Luke’s rice bowl and went into the kitchen to give him more rice. She returned and placed the bowl in front of him. “Happy?”

Luke picked up the bowl and looked inside. “Uh.. this is barely enough for a spoonful.”

Ariel sat back down and picked up her chopsticks. “Well maybe if you want more rice, don’t give my boyfriend a !”

Luke sneered at her comment. “You’re still mad about that? It’s been three days.”

“Three days since I’ve been mad.” She mumbled, eating her rice. 

“So,” Sojin interrupted, stirring the rice around her bowl. “I’ve been thinking.”

“Thinking about what?” Ariel asked, sending a glance her way. 

“I’m leaving SM.”

“What? Why?” Ariel questioned. Never did she think that Sojin would be making a decision like that. 

Sojin stared at her plate. “I’m at a dead end if I stay at SM. I won’t be able to pursue dreams nor accomplish goals.”

Daniel cleared his throat to get the girls’ attention. “Ariel, did you talk to my friend, Josh?”

Ariel blinked her eyes and nodded as she took a bite of her food. “Yeah, I did.”

A few hours ago.

“Is this Ariel?” A deep voice asked on the other line. 

“Uh, yeah this is her. Who is this?”

“This is Josh Park. Daniel’s friend. He said you wanted to ask me about Berkeley.”

“Oh! Yeah, um, what’s the campus and classes like?”

“Mhm.. campus is beautiful. And classes? It depends on what major you’re in.”

“Media studies.”

“I’m not really sure about classes in that major. I was a history major..”

“Oh wait!” He shouted through the line, like he remembered something. “They’ve just installed this new program for potential students. It’s called Experience Berkeley. Basically, any student thinking about enrolling here can sign up for the program and see what it’s like to attend campus. You can even sit in on the classes you would take for your major. I highly recommend it, my cousin did it and she loved it.”

“So are you going to do the program?” Luke asked. 

“I don’t know.” She simply answered. 

“Why not?” Sojin asked. “It’s not like you can’t. You don’t have anything to do with your schedule cleared.”

“Yeah.” Daniel agreed. “I’m pretty sure they’ll let you go visit Berkeley without it being a big deal.”

Ariel shrugged her shoulders. “It’s not that they won’t let me, I know they’ll let me do this. But it’s just..”

“Chanyeol.” Sojin completed the sentence. 

“Just lie.” Luke said, biting onto his meat. 

Daniel slapped the back of his head. 

“Thanks Daniel. And I can’t just lie to him.”

“Why not?” Luke rubbed the back of his head. 

Ariel looked down at her plate and played around with the rain on her plate. It’s not that simple.. I don’t want to leave him.

After dinner, Ariel went into her room and

Please log in to read the full chapter