fifty four.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Hello! Welcome back to Show Champion!” One of the MCs, Do Young cheered as he held his microphone and cue cards with each of his hands. He turned to his co-host, Jaehyun. “Jaehyun, why don’t you announce the nominees for this week’s champion?” 

“Of course, this week’s nominees include: Shinhwa’s Sniper, Donghae & Eunhyuk’s Growing Pains and Ariel Choi’s Run Back to Me.” Jaehyun announced. 

The camera shows each nominee on the screen as they wait for the results. 

“And the winner for this week is…” Jaehyun dramatically said as the video screen counted down.

3…

..2

1…

“Congratulations! Ariel Choi!” Do Young cheered happily, gesturing Ariel to stand in between him and Jaehyun. “Please say something to your fans.”

Ariel was handed two bouquets of flowers at that moment as she bowed to her seniors of the industry. “Uh, yes. I would love to thank my fans for supporting me for the past year. It’s been a rough time for me but you all cheered me on to continue. I can’t thank you all enough for helping me achieve many of my goals. Thank you so much! Saranghae~” Ariel cutely attempted to make a heart with her hands for her screaming fans. 

 

“The nominees for this week at M Countdown are Shinhwa’s Sniper, Donghae & Eunhyuk’s Growing Pains and Ariel Choi’s Run Back to Me.” Key announced as he read their names from his cue cards

“The winner this week is..” Jungshin unfolded the envelope in his hands as both him and Key read the name. 

“.. Ariel Choi! Congratulations!”

 

“The winner of this week’s Music Core is… Ariel Choi!”

“This week’s winner of Music Bank is Ariel Choi! Congratulations!”

“Ariel Choi congratulations for winning this week’s Inkigayo!”

Yeah, this went on for about two weeks until Ariel decided to stop promoting because she had other plans to do in the music business. Plans which the public may or may not like. 

Ariel poked her head into the room as she pushed the door opened. “Sojin? Where are you?” She looked to the left and right sides and guessed Sojin hadn’t arrived yet. Ariel stepped into the  dance studio, placed her camera bag on the ground as she sprawled her body onto the floor. As she waited for Sojin to come, her phone rang from an incoming call. Ariel checked the caller ID and slid her finger on the accept button. 

“What?”

“A hello would be nice.”

Ariel sat up at his voice with a unamused face. “Hello Kim Jongin. What do you want?”

“Why do you always assume that I want something from you?”

“Because last time you called me, you wanted to know Sojin’s new number.”

“That was one time.”

One time? Yeah right. “You begged me for ten minutes.”

“ANYWAY, congratulations! I just watched your goodbye stage!”

Ariel chuckled. “Thanks. I still can’t believe it.”

“Believe what?”

“That the song won so many times. I didn’t think it was that amazing for it to win for two whole straight weeks.” 

“The lyrics were interesting, ya know?”

“Mhm.”

“Ariel, I’m not stupid. You-

Please log in to read the full chapter