three.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

After rehearsal, all the artists were transported to a fancy shmacy hotel, Pearl Cove, which was right by the famous beach in LA, Santa Monica Beach. Mrs. Choi dropped Ariel off at the main hotel entrance.

“I’ll be back for your concert with Luke sweetie. Take care. Call me tonight when you’re settled in!” Mrs. Choi stated after she drove off the lot. 

Ariel walked inside the main lobby with her floral duffle bag over her shoulders, to be greeted by Megan. 

“There you are!” Megan greeted and gestured for her to come over to the front desk. Megan handed Ariel her room key. “Here is your key. You have a single to yourself. I’m on the floor beneath you. It is 3:00pm and there’s nothing schedule for the rest of the day. So you are free to relax.” 

Ariel held the room key tightly and headed for the elevator.

“Room #509.” Ariel turned her head to admire the hotel. She pressed her lips into a thin line and waited for the elevator doors to be opened. 

“Okay guys, there’s 12 of you and 4 keys. One for Suho, Lay, and Baekhyun. Second key for Kyungsoo, Tao, and Chen. Third key for Luhan, Xiumin, and Sehun. Fourth key for Kai and Chanyeol.” The manager handed out the keys to one person in each room. “You’re all checked in. There’s nothing else on the schedule, so you guys can relax and have fun.” 

Kai had the key and he read the room number out to Chanyeol. “We’re on the fifth floor.” 

Kai nodded his head and walked to the elevator with his luggage. “I hope we’re on the same floor as the new girl.”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “Lets just get through sharing the same room tonight bro.” Chanyeol pressed the button by the elevator and waited for them to open. 

“Oh crap. Manager hyung borrowed my headphones earlier.” Kai glanced at the screen above the elevator, which indicated what floor number the elevator was on. “I’ll be back.” Kai jogged back to the lobby area to find his manager. 

Chanyeol stood in front of the elevators waiting for the doors to open. He stared humming and tapping his fingers on the handle of his suitcase.
Ding.

Chanyeol walked inside the elevator. 

“Hold the elevator please!” 

Chanyeol pressed the button which made the doors stay open longer. He looked up to see Ariel catching her breath inside the elevator.

When Ariel caught her breath, she glances up at Chanyeol. “Thanks!” 

Chanyeol nodded his head, his way of saying you’re welcome without talking gibberish. 

“What floor are you on?” Ariel asked as she pressed the number 5 on the keypad. 

Chanyeol held up 5 fingers. 

“Oh hey, we’re on the same floor!” 

Chanyeol gave her a sheepish smile. He began tapping his fingers on the handle of his luggage. 

“So how do you like California? Its nice here. If you can find the right restaurant, there’s a Korean place here and it has the BEST bbq. I go to there a lot with my friends whenever my mom doesn’t feel like cooking a meal for me. Since she’s busy with work and dealing with me and my brother.” Ariel flashes her eyes at Chanyeol who was staring blankly at the wall. “Sorry, I have the tendency to blab when I’m nervous.” Ariel spoke softly. 

Chanyeol glanced down at her. “Don’t worry. Its cute.” Chanyeol smacked his forehead quietly when he realized that was said out loud. 

I really need a vocal barrier when I speak.

Ding. 

The elevator doors opened to the 5th floor. Ariel walked out of the elevator, she turned around to take a look at Chanyeol. Who was still dumbfounded in the elevator. 

“Aren’t you going to come out of there?” Ariel asked innocently.

Chanyeol walked out of the elevator with his suitcase and walked along side with her. 

Ariel observed each room number to realize that her room was at the end of the hall. She bit her bottom her lip at the thought of walking more distance. 

What. Is. Wrong. With. Me. 

Chanyeol felt another heat wave overcome his body. He felt itty bitty sweat pellets coming down his forehead. 

Ariel glanced at him, “Why are you sweating?” 

Chanyeol gave her a nervous smile, “Shouldn’t have wore black today.” 

“Mhm… Here’s my room.” Ariel announced. She took out her key and opened the door to her suite. 

She cracked the door open and glance back at Chanyeol, who was also opening his door across the hall.

“I’ll see you later hopefully.” Chanyeol mumbled as he kept his attention forward and walked inside his suite.

Ariel glimpsed at the closed door with a confused expression on her face. 

Can you like stop being so shy? 

Its cute.

Whoa Ariel.

Please log in to read the full chapter