thirty eight.

That YouTube Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Have you eaten yet?” Mr. Choi asked her. They were sitting in his office and that was the first thing he said to her. 

Strange. He sounds like a caring father. 

“No.” Ariel answered simply. “Is there a reason why you’ve asked me to come here? I have other stuff to do.”

“Like sleeping?”

Never mind about the caring father thing.

“Anyway,” Mr. Choi continued. “A few magazine publishers have seen your Youtube videos and they want you to do a photoshoot for next month’s edition.” Mr. Choi pulled something out of one the manilla folders on his desk. “This is your dieting plan.” He handed her the papers which had a chart of meals that should be taken each day.

Ariel skimmed the words and furrowed her brows. She handed the papers back to him, not needing a diet because she’s already skinny enough. “Why do I need to go on a diet?”

“To lose weight.”

“But I’m skinny enough as it is. I’m going to look anorexic if I eat one meal a day. What kind of diet is that?”

“A smart one.” Mr. Choi retorted. “Our fitness specialists created this diet plan just for you. You should thank them.”

Thank them? Ariel started laughing. “One meal a day is like asking me to use one brand of makeup.”

Mr. Choi slid the papers back to Ariel. “This is not the time to be laughing. We’re serious. Your comeback is postponed until further notice. Until then, we’ve decided to let you do a few modeling gigs and photoshoots. We’re doing this for your own good. So are you going to follow the diet or no?”

Ariel sighed sharply, picked up the papers and shoved it into her bag. “Fine. I’ll do as you say.” For once. 

Mr. Choi grinned, which showed off the aged wrinkles on his face. “Good. Your first photoshoot is two weeks from now. I assumed you already know the basics of photoshoots considering your videos. That’s all. Your manager will contact you later.” He dismissed her by waving his hand to the door. 

Two weeks later. 

Ariel was up and ready the morning of the photoshoot. Her stomach woke her up due to the extreme hunger that she had. Actually listening to her father’s demands, she followed the diet plan. One meal a day. If Ariel was extremely hungry to the point where she needs something to fill up and the one meal was already eaten, one banana and two eggs could be eaten as a small meal for protein. She weighed herself in the bathroom with the scale available and saw how the crazy diet actually worked. Ariel remembered last time she weighed around 56kg (123lbs) and now it’s 53kg (116lbs). It actually worked wow. 

Ariel walked quietly back into her room after getting ready in the bathroom so she wouldn’t wake up Sojin. She checked her phone for any messages from her manager or Kai. 

From Megan / 5:57AM

Salon first, then we’ll move locations to the photoshoot. I will meet you at the salon!^^

From Kai / 7:02AM

I heard you have a photoshoot today. We don’t use the same salon as you so you shouldn’t see Chanyeol there. And I highly doubt that you will see him at your photoshoot. Have fun today, work hard!

Ariel grabbed her backpack, covered her body with her jacket and walked out into the living room to meet with Daniel was dropping her off at the salon. 

“I’m ready.”

“Buy me coffee.”

Ariel stopped in her tracks at Daniel’s request. “Why?”

“Because it’s 7 in the morning and I deserve it.”

Ariel checked the time on her phone. “Sure, we have time before we have to be at the salon.”

Daniel and Ariel walked to the car together and got inside. 

“I want something from Celestial’s. Is that fine with you?”

Ariel nodded her head as she buckled her seatbelt on. “Yeah sure. I kinda want a fruit juice too.”

Ariel sat quietly in the car, gazing outside the window as Daniel drove them to Celestial Cafe. Once they arrived, Ariel honestly didn’t feel like walking out in public without girls screaming at her. So she gave Daniel the money for their drinks and told him her order of one mango juice. Ariel sat in the car, waiting for Daniel to come back with their drinks. She looked out the window and saw businessmen walking down the sidewalk with their morning fix and high school girls walking to school. 

Thank goodness I didn’t get out of this car. 

The door to the driver side suddenly opened, but Ariel is 100% sure that she didn’t see Daniel leave the cafe because it looked extremely busy at this time. 

“Hear me out, please.” An oh so familiar voice said. 

Ariel turned around and her eyes instantly met with Chanyeol. 

“Please.”

“You wouldn’t even let me explain. Why should I let you?” Ariel deadpanned.

You go girl!

“I was drunk.”

“The drunk mind speaks sober thoughts.”

“Just let me explain please.”

Ariel’s phone began buzzing which interrupted them. She turned to the side and answered the phone. “Hello?”

“Hey Ariel! It’s me Josh.” 

This is so not the right time Josh. 

“I can’t talk right now.”

Please log in to read the full chapter