The Devil

Intricate Love

I was kind of hesitant about what he asked me. He returned my organizer; walked away, out of the blue he came back, and followed me here. I don’t get the rationale of his actions and hopefully he doesn’t have any ill intentions on me. I calmed myself for a while decided to know what help he wanted.

 

“Okay, how can I help you?” I asked.

“Can you take me to Shangri-La Hotel?” he replied.

“What?” I screamed and people looked at us while they passed by. “That hotel is too far from here and else, I don’t have a car.” I walked away from him.

“Hey! You!” he shouted at me while I walked fast away from him. “You shorty girl!” he continued.

 

I stopped when I heard a word that makes me remember T.O.P. and he grabbed my left arm.

 

“I don’t want this to be difficult.” He uttered. I turned and face him staring at his face.

“Just take me to the hotel.” He looked at me closely while I kept on staring at him.

 

How could this person say something similar as I met T.O.P. on my trip? So nostalgic! I snapped out and answered him, “No! I don’t have money to go there and going back in the city proper.”

 

“I’ll pay you. I will pay for the taxi fare.”

“No!” I shouted and started walking again. He followed me and kept on begging to take him to that hotel.

“My driver is stuck by the traffic. He’s supposed to fetch me here but he can’t make it time and I do have an appointment waiting at the hotel.” He explained.

 

I still ignored him like I didn’t hear anything and kept on walking to the exit.

 

“Is this how you can repay a sense of gratitude?” he asked madly.

I stopped and turned to him, “Okay! I’ll take you there.” I irritably answered.

“Good! Then let’s go!” he said.

 

He called a taxi and went in while I was staring at him and been forced to take this guy to a faraway hotel. I went inside and opened the door next to the driver’s seat and slammed as I close it. I saw the driver looked at me and he noticed that I was angry so he decided not to scold me. The taxi ran and I told the driver to take us to Shangri-La Hotel. As the driver heard the destination, he wanted us to go down but I glared at him and threatened him.

 

“Do you want this taxi to be covered with that spoiled brat’s blood?” I whispered. I was so mad that I wanted to kill anyone at anytime.

 

The driver was frightened, as I looked so furious and doesn’t want to take off the taxi. The driver continued driving as I popped my fingers one by one. The environment became tense but the spoiled brat Yoochun was calm and texting. I checked on my phone and no new messages received. I told the taxi driver to drive fast ‘coz the spoiled brat is catching up for his meeting. I don’t know why I do this instead of going back to my apartment and rest. I concentrate on my sense of hearing if he murmured something so that I can hit his knee with my shoulder bag. We entered Mandaue City and caught by traffic. I checked on my watch, it’s almost 12noon and my tummy is looking for food. I told my thoughts that I wasn’t hungry so that I can’t feel it. The traffic causes my boredom and deafening silence makes me fell asleep.

 

“Hey! Wake up!”

 

I heard someone’s voice calling out and I feel that my body was shaken by something and I suddenly exclaimed, “Where are we?!!” I heard the driver chuckled and I looked around with an area with fewer vehicles. I panicked that I was been kidnapped. I do the sign of a cross and prayed for my safety.

 

“Oh! Lord, please don’t let these men me. My body isn’t wonderland, it’s underworld so they can’t have pleasure. Lord, please make sure that I’ll be dead after being . I don’t want to feel humiliation.”

 

“Hey! We’re not going to …”

 

I slapped someone’s face so hard and shouted inside the taxi “HELP! I don’t wanna die. I don’t wanna be .” I’m freaking out that sooner I’ll be and killed.

 

“SHUT UP!”

 

I was astounded when someone shouted like the roar of a lion. My thoughts and senses came back to my thick skin and realized that I was with the formal spoiled brat, Yoochun. I looked back slowly hiding my face with my bag and I peeked a little and saw his devilish face who is erupting with anger. He glared at me like piercing my forehead with a katana.

 

“I … I … I’m sorry.” I stammered. I was terrified by his devilish look and his piercing glare at me. I don’t know what to and God can’t do either. The atmosphere became more intense so I turned and lean back on my seat but I can still feel his piercing glare at me. Now, I’m going to be dead, dead as in dead!

 

Reality came back to me and I noticed were at the security guard gate of Shangri-La Hotel. The guards were checking on us and the K9 dog sniffed the vehicle then we passed through.

 

“How long do I fell asleep?” I asked softly to the driver.

“Almost two hours.” He answered.

 

I was expecting that the driver would answer back softly but with a normal loud voice. We arrived at the hotel past one o’clock in the afternoon and as I went out from the taxi, I felt weakness on my knees and feet, and my head is spinning. The devil went out and the staffs welcome and accompany him.

 

“Entertain my guest at the café. Let her eat and accompany her to my room.” He instructed the crew.

 

A man in a suit approached him and talked about something that I can’t understand. The devil and the man took off and entered the hotel and the staffs accompanied me to Acqua Café. I was so freaking happy to see one of my favorite dishes, Japanese and Korean dishes. I grabbed a plate and took a lot of California makis and kimbab. Everything here is heaven! I sat down, munched a lot and my hunger faded with a happy tummy.

 

Precipitously, I realized that I was under at spoiled brat’s care. Now he’s feeding me to be full and will slaughter me for what I did to him a while ago. I stopped eating and thought of an exit plan here. Well, it should be easy to exit as plenty of people were here. I went to the door to have my exit and unexpectedly about four to six men in a suit blocked my way. I startled and don’t know what to do.

 

“Make a way!” I shouted. “Or else, I’ll cry out loud and people will think that I was harassed.” I threatened. But the men didn’t move a single finger and guarded. “Okay, I’ll pay the bill.”

 

“No need, Miss Kioko.” Someone interjected.

 

The man in a suit with the devil came. “You’re Mr. Park Yoochun’s guest so there’s no need to pay.” He said.

 

“Then tell these goons to make me a way.” I instructed the man in a suit.

 

The man nod to the men and they cleared out. “Miss Kioko, please follow me.” He said.

 

I followed the man in a suit and we took the long hallway and elevator going up then reached to a room. I’ve read the text ‘Presidential Lounge’.

 

“Please enter the room Miss Kioko.” He instructed.

 

I entered the room and wowed on what I saw. The room was beautiful like living in a palace. There’s a sofa, wide flat screen TV, a bar section, and a room in a corner. I sat down on the couch that is so soft and comfortable.

 

“Miss Kioko, Mr. Park Yoochun will come any moment. And as of the moment, enjoy the wine that I prepared for you.” The man in suit said and he went out.

I took the glass of wine and sipped, feeling the sensation of this luxury room. I looked around and saw small fridge. I opened it and a lot of chocolate bars that are freezing. I went back on my couch obscenely waiting for the devil. I finished my wine and I felt strange.

 

I started to get dizzy, no, I’m still tipsy but why is it twirling. The flat screen is twirling then another flat screen popped out. The glass is rounding… and rounding… like trip to Jerusalem, there were a lot of sofas around … the doors opened and two men came in. I stood up and it looks like I fell down but I’m walking towards the two men.

 

“Hey! Where’s the devil?” I saw the two men holding my shoulders. “I wanna kick his , slap his face, and tie him and I’ll hang him spanking his till it deflate and … and … I will …”