Come Back To Me

Intricate Love

We arrived the house after 3hours on the road from the city that I made an escape from those rampaging medias at the laboratory. Sheryl ran to me and gave me a hug as soon as I step out the car. I looked around and it felt like an ordinary house, not too classy yet beautiful. Donghae came out from the house and greeted me then to his friend, T.O.P.

 

“How are you?” Sheryl asked.

“I’m a little bit of… down.”

“You shouldn’t be. Let’s talk inside about what happened.”

 

Sheryl led me inside and to our room then she told me how disappointed she was that I didn’t tell her about Yoochun. I told her my reason that I don’t want them to know because in those times, I haven’t thought about what I felt. But still, she was upset. Then the topic led us to the news that was spreading and I didn’t deny that Yoochun and I were together. Sheryl nagged at me but I didn’t know what she was talking because my mind was thinking about Yoochun right now. I can’t help it but to think of him on how he was doing. Did he get scolded? Abandoned? Did his father punch him? I worried so much for Yoochun and my head hurts.

 

“You’re not listening!!!” Sheryl yelled at me after she hit my head with her hand.

“I’m worried about Yoochun.” I said.

“You worried about your loving boyfriend? Oh, come on Kioko! His father is a powerful man who can manipulate other people. And…”

“And I trust my boyfriend. He won’t let me down in times like this. I know he’s fighting for me and here I am hiding like a coward rat.” I interjected.

“We’re hiding because…”

“Because father isn’t the type of person who shows mercy.” T.O.P. interrupted as he came inside the room.

 

He sat down on the chair near the window and gazed. Those lonely eyes, no… those were not lonely eyes; those were the eyes that were afraid of what would happen next. It seems T.O.P. knew what would be the possible things to happen, tomorrow or for the coming days.

 

“Hide as long as you can Kioko.” T.O.P. said.

“Why? Why is that you’re so afraid?” I asked and my heart beats irregularly.

“Father will ruin your life. And, I don’t know what will Tiffany do.” He answered. “I hope that Yoochun will fix this thing.”

 

They were afraid, I knew that I am afraid too but I kept on holding on because Yoochun was fighting for us. He would never allow his father on ruining his life, my life, or everyone’s life. Not just a few minutes, I heard the phone was ringing. It was T.O.P.’s phone and he answered the call. T.O.P. answered with few lines on every interval and I looked at him closely while talking over the phone. I was wondering whom he was talking with and he seems so calm. I guess Yoochun has finally called him to give another instruction or the long awaited news that Yoochun did it. But as I closely looked on T.O.P.’s face, he seems annoyed or irritated so it was another instruction, I concluded. T.O.P. finished the call and ended it then he stood up.

 

“Yoochun ran away from home.” He updated.

“Ran away? To where?” I curiously asked.

“I don’t know. Mr. Kim told me that Yoochun ran away after father was very mad at him and wanted to send Yoochun to America.” T.O.P. answered.

“If that is so then he’s coming here, am I right?” Sheryl questioned.

“I really don’t know. I hope he will come here but it will be more difficult Kioko.” T.O.P. answered.

 

When I heard that Yoochun ran away, I was expecting that the conversation between him and his father didn’t get well. No one knew where Yoochun ran away but I had a big feeling that he would get me. Then, another phone rang and this time it was mine.

 

“Kioko! I have a bad news!” Dara exclaimed throught the phone.

“What is it?”

“You have been resigned from work.” She answered.

 

This is what I get and Yoochun’s father had finally taken a step. Knowing that Yoochun ran away, his father’s anger would be raging on me taking all my right and my life. Dara was calling out my name but I was shocked and haven’t remembered to answer her. Sheryl asked me what happened and I told them about it.

 

“Mother…”

 

I remembered my mother if she was okay or was affected because of my actions. I called mother and she seems fine and nothing’s happen to her. To hear that she was okay, at least I thank God for it. T.O.P. got a call and this time I didn’t hear what he said over the phone because Sheryl talked to me about the situation that I was in. With all my thoughts were for Yoochun, I forgot where I am and whom I am with. The worries flabbergasted me and I can’t get myself so calm when Yoochun was fighting against his father. I wondered where he was right now; is he coming?

 


 

The night came and I am still worried while I am in front of my dinner and with the people around who were taking me in and comforted me from the incident this morning. I was quite the whole time while I ate the food and the rest goes along with the silence. Yoochun haven’t texted me since morning, and the last thing that I knew about him was he ran away from his father after he had a conversation. I was expecting Mr. Kim to call us back but none… it didn’t happen.

 

“Hey, Kioko… does your taste change or not?” Sheryl cut me through from my thoughts.

“Nope, why?”

“Well, I know that you don’t like amapalya but why is it you’re eating them as if you didn’t taste it?” she told.

 

When I my sense of taste from the chaotic thoughts that I had, I rushed on my glass of water and drank it as I tasted it so bitter. “I didn’t know that you put some of it Sheryl.” I said. Sheryl laughed at me while I panicked from the bitterness of that vegetable. T.O.P. chuckled a little and he stood up, took his plate and went to the kitchen. I stared at him while he went inside the kitchen area and I was kind of suspicious about him, like he hides something from me. When that suspicion ruled my thoughts, I took my plate just to say that I was done even there were foods left on my plate, then I went to the kitchen area and heard T.O.P. was talking over the phone. I eavesdropped, trying to hear some news about Yoochun or any bad things that happened to him. As I heard that there were no suspicious things that he hides, I stepped inside then T.O.P. said Yoochun’s name while I listened to him from his back.

 

“How come that you threw that away? The good life and your future.” T.O.P. said over the phone.

 

It was Yoochun that he was talking with and I had a feeling that Yoochun abandoned on what he had… I mean, what his father gave to him. When I can’t contemplate the situation, I suddenly spoke that made T.O.P. frightened. “Yoochun abandoned his life and his father?”

 

T.O.P.’s eyes were surprised and he spoke through the phone that I was with him but just a few moments, T.O.P. ended the call and put his phone inside his pocket.

 

“Kioko, it didn’t go well with my brother and father. He’s on his way now and he’s going here. I already knew he was coming and Donghae fetched him.” He said.

 

I put down my plate on the sink and headed out the kitchen, went to the sofa, waiting for Yoochun to arrived. The night was dark, just like the situation that I am into, as I kept on looking the window then Sheryl joined me. She sat down beside me while she was playing her phone and I kept on looking outside from the window I leaned on.

 

Hours had passed, I heard a car’s engine while lay down on the couch and I got up, opened the door and saw Donghae’s car stopped at the carport. Yoochun stepped out from the car and I ran to him, hugging him so tight while he embrace and rubbed my back.

 

“Did I make you worry?” Yoochun asked.

“Not just worried… very worried.” I answered.

 

He released me from his embrace, kissed me, and then he smiled. T.O.P. came and Yoochun said his gratitude to him and they seemed to understand each other now. “We need to get inside.” T.O.P. said. We went inside while I held Yoochun’s warm hand. Sheryl stood up when we got inside and I introduced her to Yoochun. I took off with Sheryl to make tea in the kitchen while they were talking in the sofa. Sheryl helped me making the tea and she told me that Yoochun is handsome and I agreed then smiled. As we went back to the sofa, they suddenly stopped talking and then I asked why. No one gave me an answer so I pushed and still they refused to give an answer. They became suspicious and I knew that there were things that they didn’t need to tell me. I put the cups of tea on the center table and went back to the kitchen with Sheryl but I stopped and eavesdropped. They were talking again but I heard only few words, as the sofa was quite a few meters far from the kitchen. Sheryl helped me listen to the conversation but she heard a little. I was annoyed because they didn’t tell me what they were discussing so I went back to the sofa and asked them furiously.

 

“I think Kioko needs to know T.O.P.” Yoochun said.

“But, you should not tell her.” T.O.P responded.

“Why not?” I exclaimed.

 

Yoochun stood up from the couch and he asked me to follow him at the porch. Before I followed my boyfriend, I saw T.O.P. was uncomfortable. Yoochun started to talk about what they had discussed earlier.

 

“My father… disowned me. But I don’t care about it.” He paused for a moment as I waited for the continuation of what he was going to say. “The thing is, my father won’t allow me to have a relationship with you. I already told and explained to him my feelings about my life, to him, and for you but father went mad and he wanted to ruined your life if I won’t stop.” He continued.

“Stop what? Our relationship?” I asked.

“Yes. But I told him I won’t then father knew about T.O.P.’s feelings for and he said he can accept you if T.O.P. and you will get married.” He told.

 

When I heard the last word that Yoochun spoke, I was surprised and got caught in a situation of ‘No Options’. But I replied. “If that’s the case then I’ll cut ties from you and your family. I can live my life without you, T.O.P. and whoever that person was.” I was frantically mad like my blood boils at it’s boiling point and I spoke randomly about the topic.

 

“So you mean, you will cut ties with me now?” Yoochun asked.

It threw back at me because of my big mouth. “No… what I mean is I’d rather be alone than to marry your brother.” I answered.

“That’s why I am here Kioko. Father already disowned me and I’m free… free to love you.” He said.

“I am happy that you come back to me because I am so worried on you. With or without riches, we can live together, happy and love.”

 

Yoochun embraced me and I was on tears because he gave up everything for me. I knew that this would not be easy for us for the coming days but as long as were together, I knew we would fight.

 

“Days will be tougher soon Kioko, and all I asked from you is to keep holding on.” He said.

“I won’t let go Yoochun, I promised.” I swore.