Back To Reality

Intricate Love

I am glad that I came back home safely yesterday after a three-hour flight from Kuala Lumpur. When I arrived Cebu, Philippines, I went home to my apartment right away and then slept the whole night.

Five o’clock in the morning, I woke up and took a shower preparing for work as a medical technologist. This is how my life goes everyday. I woke up, took a shower, change clothes, do my hair and put some light make-up and off to work. My duty starts at seven in the morning and I need to be there before the time ‘coz being late is my forte, not often, but sometimes or maybe, always. And this time, I’m going to be punctual after my beautiful trip…

 

‘How was he? I hope he’s doing fine yesterday and enjoy the rest of his trip.’ My thoughts murmured again. Anyway, I wanted to make that trip memorable and put it in my imagination treasure box.

 

I’m done and off to go for work. My apartment is a few meters walk to the hospital so I don’t have any problem of taking commute. I logged in my log-sheet and went to the laboratory. My workmate, Daesung, tall, brown hair, masculine body, chinito, pitch black eyes, ridged nose, and soft white skin, hugged me when I entered the laboratory. It’s typical of him to do so because he hugged every people who came from a trip and I smell fishy ‘coz the next thing he’ll do is ask for souvenirs or chocolates.

 

“How was your trip? Do I have a souvenir or chocolates?” he said with excitement.

 

I walked away and turned back to him with my tongue out. He was so pushy and kept on asking for his souvenir and chocolates. I ignored him and preparing the vials for blood collection. He sat beside me asking what happened on my trip and how beautiful Kuala Lumpur is. I never said a word and he kept on pushing me to say something and I kept on resisting all the facts about my trip.

 

“Okay, if you don’t want to talk then I won’t bother you, ever!” he was disappointed.

“Well, well, well, look who’s here? Fresh from the land of Kuala Lumpur.” Jessica said upon entering the laboratory.

 

Jessica is also my workmate here in the lab. She’s gorgeous, y, her skin is fair, brown hair, and she’s also American-born. She’s a girl that every guy wants to be his girlfriend. I don’t know why she doesn’t have any boyfriend or maybe she does have a love interest and kept hidden.

 

“Hello, Jessica. I just arrive yesterday.” I replied.

“That’s good! So, is it nice?” she asked.

“Yes.”

“Hey! Why did you replied to her and you didn’t even answered to me. Unfair!” Daesung screamed.

I heard Jessica’s small laugh. “I don’t want to, Daesung. And as you said, you don’t want to bother me so why bothered?” I answered.

 

Daesung walked away to the corner and he arranged the vials with the collected blood. I know I am unfair but I really don’t want to talk about my trip. I just want to keep and treasure it because… it is impossible that we meet again. Jessica pat my shoulder and smiled and he went to Daesung and helped him arranged the vials. I worked and trying to get busy doing some tests and making some smears. Until …

 

“Hey, Kioko, let’s have lunch together.” Jessica said.

I didn’t know that it was lunch break and I’m still making smears. “You go first. I need to finish this one.” I answered.

“Okay. Be sure to follow us.”

 

Jessica and Daesung went out and I was busy making smears. I kept myself busy and suddenly, I stopped. I heard my tummy growling for a feast. I looked at the clock and it’s one o’clock in the afternoon. I missed the lunch hours and haven’t taken anything since morning. I sat on the stool and touching my belly feeling hungry.

I heard someone’s footsteps coming in the lab. I ignored the footsteps and heard the growls of my tummy. Out of the blue, a box of McDonald chicken with drinks appeared on the table.

 

“You’re so stubborn.” Daesung said. “I bought that for you ‘coz I know you’ll miss lunch again.”

“Thank you. I’ll pay you later.” I said while my tummy growled out loud.

I heard Daesung laughed. “No need. Just eat it.” He said and went to his station starting to work.

 

With my hunger, I didn’t even bother to go out. I just ate the meal inside the lab that is prohibited. Since, Jessica wasn’t around I grabbed the chance to munched. I know Daesung won’t tell anyone that I’m eating inside the lab. After I finished my meal, I worked right away.

 

“Daesung, my trip was wonderful.” I decided to answer one of his questions when I arrived the lab this morning. I know that he’s listening since our stations aren’t far. “I saw a flower that blooms at night.” I remembered that night and it was the best moment of my trip.

“What kind of flower?” he asked.

“Hmmm, secret.” I teased.

“Oh! Come on. Tell me.” He insisted.

“Oh yeah, I bought souvenir for you.” I changed the topic ‘coz I don’t want to share it with him.

“Really? Can I get it after work?” he excitedly asked.

“Sure.” I answered.

“Wait for me after the shift.”

 

I nod and Jessica came in. She went to Daesung’s station and started to talk at him. I don’t bother them when they’re having conversation. Sometimes, I saw Jessica touching Daesung’s deltoid area. I know that Daesung has a great and y body like every girl wanted to sleep with him for a night. It’s just my dirty thoughts but honestly, I got tempted too. Silly me! Who can resists with that hard six-pack abs and whenever he stripped his shirt, girls will look and bite their lips. Some of our female workmates do that. Sometimes, I wanted to touch that six-pack abs.

 

“Kyaaaaaah!” I screamed out of the blue.

“Kioko, what happened?” Deasung asked in nervousness.

“Nothing. I’m sorry to bother you.”

 

I was such a ert! I should not have those dirty thoughts again but he’s body is tempting. No! No! No!

 

“Are you sure you’re alright, Kioko? He asked.

“Yes, I’m alright.” I answered.

“She’s having those tantrums again. Leave her be!” Jessica annoyed.

 

G-R-R-R! I really hate her when she’s like that. She’s like a b**ch! Every time Daesung was so concerned about me, and she’s around in the area, she always -in and said annoying words. I wanna stuff with these vials.

 

Daesung went back to his station and continue working while Jessica was still talking at him doing nothing. I didn’t listen to their conversation so I worked to kept myself busy again. There were plenty of specimens to do so and we’re only three in the department. There were people asking for a bag of blood for blood transfusion and there were plenty of requests to entertain too.

Time went fast and Daesung shouted, “Shift is done!” It was his favorite time of the shift when the hands of the clock strike three in the afternoon and now he was excited. I know why he’s so excited and that’s because of the souvenir that I’ll give to him. I tried to work slowly just to that I wasn’t finish.

 

“Kioko, hurry up!” he shouted.

 

I smiled and move slowly teasing him. He went out to do the logout on his log-sheet. Jessica approached me and said, “Do you have plans with Daesung?” and I answered, “None.” She glared at me and then walked away from me. I heard that her phone was ringing and she didn’t even answer it, instead she turned it off.

I remember to check on my phone I have fifteen messages from my bestfriends. They wanted to meet with me after my duty and they’re already at Ayala Center Cebu. Now I have a reason to hurry up with all the stuffs here. I arranged the vials as quick as I can and I heard the lab’s door opened.

 

“Hi, Kioko!” Dara greeted.

“Oh, hi Dara.” I greeted back. Dara was one of my closest friends here in the lab and when on the same shift, we always talk while working.

“Have appointments Kioko?” she asked.

“Yes! I’m going to meet my college friends.”

“Oh! Leave those things there and I’ll handle it. It’s my shift now.” Dara offered.

“Thanks Dara.” I hugged her and said my bye.

 

I went out and logout and ran fast as I can to my apartment. I passed by Daesung and he shouted, “Where are you going?”

“To my apartment. I have to meet my college friends now. Passed by at my apartment for your souvenir.” I shouted back.

 

I went inside my apartment rushed to my bedroom and I get those chocolates and souvenirs and place those in a paperbag. I separated the keychain and a postcard for Daesung. I went out and he was there waiting for me.

 

“Such a hurry Kioko.” He said.

“Here it is.” I gave him the keychain and postcard.

“No chocolates?” he asked.

“I’ll give it tomorrow, okay?”

 

As I was about to ran …

 

“Wait Kioko. I’ll go with you.” He said.

“No, I’m going to meet my friends.”

“And so do I.” he replied.

“What?”

 

I was stunned when he wanted to meet my college friends. Well, I always mentioned my college friends whenever I think of something crazy.

 

“I said, I want to meet them.” He was so serious about what he said. He walked towards me and passed by me. “What are you waiting? Come on.”

 

I started to walked with him and I texted my friends that one of my workmate is with me and wanted to meet them. Then Erika replied to my group message.

 

Sure! I’m excited to meet your BF … Joke!

 

Typical Erika. She’s so excited and supportive when it comes to me having or looking for a boyfriend. Emily and Sheryl also replied and they wanted to meet him too. Well, I don’t have a choice but be it.