Stranded

Intricate Love

Thirty minutes had passed and no one came to our rescue. There were less vehicles passing by and no one came to our aid. The crickets were starting their chorus and the wind blew from time to time. I leaned on the car and looked up the sky then a drop of water touched my cheeks.

 

“It’s going to rain.” I murmured.

 

Yoochun were a few meters away from me standing and waiting for a vehicle. I didn’t bother him or else I might get scolded and feel the anger of this scaredy devil. My phone alerted and it was T.O.P’s message. I wanted to reply but I don’t have any load to send a message so I was hoping that he would call me. A vehicle appeared from my sight and Yoochun started to wave both of his hands just to signal the driver that we need help but he failed.

 

“Maybe we need to wait for your driver to return.” I suggested.

“No! We need to get out from this dark road or something will happen to us.”

“Then, I’ll protect you.” I pulled out a joke.

“Protect me?” he asked and I walked towards him.

“Yes! I’ll protect you. I’m going to punch and kick the bad guy’s .”

“Nah! You won’t.”

 

Then the rain fell down heavily and we ran to the car but Yoochun slipped. I looked back and saw Yoochun on the ground and I laughed.

 

“What are you doing? Are you swimming?” I teased.

 

I went back to him and gave my hand to help him. He took my hand and pulled me to him and I fell down on top of him and I found myself kissed his soft pinkish lips. My eyes widened caught by a surprise and I saw him surprised too. I quickly stood up and felt my heart was beating fast then the hiccups occurred. Yoochun stood up and he laughed at me.

 

“Hiccups!” he laughed. “I didn’t mean that would happen. I was trying to have my payback and…”

“It’s alright. But… you laughed at me!” I hit his broad shoulders with my puny fist.

 

We looked at each other for a few seconds and I was dazzled by his appearance that was getting wet. His attractiveness caught my eyes and I thought of hugging him for a while but I can’t. The touch of his soft lips and mine made my heart prospered to joy. The beating of my heart was brisk but I felt joy and my hiccups were fast too. Yoochun laughed at me when my hiccups won’t stop and kept on repeating. He rubbed my back trying to ease my hiccups and I still heard him chuckling.

 

“It’s my first time to get soak under the rain.” He confessed.

“Congrats! But you enjoy…” the hiccups interrupted me. “laughing at me because… of this… annoying… hiccups!”

He laughed out loud and said. “You’re like a child, hiccups!”

 

While I was trying to get rid of my hiccups, Yoochun can’t get over it and still laughing out loud making his laughs echoed and he still rubbing my back. My hiccups faded slowly but the rain continues to fall down heavily.

 

“Let’s get inside the car?” I asked.

“No, let’s stay here and wait. I don’t want car seats to get wet.”

 

I looked around and found a big tree to shelter us from rain.

 

“Let’s go under that big tree.” I pointed.

 

Yoochun ran ahead of me and I just walked to secure that I won’t fall. He wiped the water on his body and rubbed his head to get off the excess water from his hair. I took my wet hair with my two hands and twisted it to remove the excess of water. We were soaking wet and the air blowing to us was cold. We don’t have any jackets to cover. My feet got tired and sat down on the ground while Yoochun was touching the rain that flowed to his hand. The Yoochun that hides got shallower from the depths of his core.

 

“Whenever I am with you, I experience different situations that I never encountered.” He broke the silence under the big tree that sheltered us from the heavy rain. “Clothe myself like a commoner, went to the crowded downtown and… now, stranded, soaking wet, and sheltering under a big tree.”

 

Yoochun smiled while gazed on the rain flowing down from his hands. He was sad; I can feel it that he was lonely. But, he tried not to show it.

 

“I am happy, Kioko. I experience what life is which my father concealed me for his business.” He admitted.

I stood up and said. “So, feel the life Yoochun. You have a life but you chose to obscure it. Don’t impede yourself from being happy.”

 

He closed his hands making a fist trying to catch the water on his hands.

 

“I am like my hands. I can feel the water but I couldn’t catch it.” He said.

“Technically, you really can’t catch the water.”

“The water choose to flow down because that is life… My life choose to go flowing but it is me who prevent it from flowing because of that one choice.” His eyes began to get lonely.

“What choice?” I asked.

“One choice that my father gave me. To accept the heir.” He answered.

 

I guess Yoochun don’t have a choice of his own and only his father gave him a choice. Things were harder for him compared to me. His freedom and his life were locked out from the depths of his core. It makes me want to cry when Yoochun shared his life to me. He worked a lot for the sake of their businesses nationwide.

 

“But at least you have the power.” I said.

“Power? I don’t have the whole power. My father has the biggest power, to decide for all the proposals. Even I can’t decide for any business proposals. I am there to work and represent for him.”

 

I was shut and looked at him while he stared the rain falling down. Now I know why he looked so strict and became a devil. But he was no devil at all; it was only how he acted as the boss of their company. The truth is, he had a gentle heart that was clouded from his situation.

 

Few minutes after, we saw a towing truck came to us and I saw Yoochun’s driver was in it. His driver went down with an umbrella and he approached us.

 

“There was no shops open at this hour Mr. Park so, I called a towing truck to get the car.” The driver said.

“I think the car has a spare tire whenever it gets flat.” Yoochun said.

“I’m sorry sir… I forgot to get the spare tire at the repair shop.” The driver confessed.

“You forgot?!!!” Yoochun shouted.

 

I stood up and grabbed Yoochun’s arm heading to the towing truck. I gave an okay sign to the drive telling that I’ll handle Yoochun. The driver was afraid and I think he was new as Yoochun’s driver here in Cebu.

 

“You don’t need to scold him. And else, you need to blame yourself too.” I said.

“Why should I blame myself?” he asked madly.

“You forgot too about the spare tire.” I chuckled.

 

Yoochun shut and he was silent while getting inside the front seat of the truck. I called his driver to take the car. Yoochun’s temper was starting to go low and I kept on talking about some irrelevant topics just to make him at ease. The car was towed at the back of the truck while Yoochun’s driver was inside. The truck took off and the heavy rain continued to pour down. The atmosphere was awkwardly silent while we were on the road. I chose to keep silent or else the wrath of the devil will pour down heavily on me.

 

I went out from the truck near the street where it led to my apartment after thirty minutes along the road. Yoochun said his goodbye and they took off. The rain kept on pouring down and ran down the street. As I was near to my apartment, a guy shouted my name from a store. It was T.O.P and he ran to me.

 

“Hurry up to my apartment.” I said.

We ran fast until we got inside the apartment. I was soaking wet and T.O.P was just a little wet.

 

“What happened to you? I thought your friend will take you home.” T.O.P asked.

“His car’s tire was flat and we were stranded on the road then the rain fall down heavily that’s why I am soaking wet.” I explained.

 

I get my towel and dried my hair for a while and then I went to the comfort room to take a shower while T.O.P was waiting in sofa and drying himself.

 

I was done after twenty minutes and T.O.P was watching the TV. I the fan drying my hair while I combed.

 

“How many hours I kept you waiting?” I asked.

“No, just half an hour.” He answered.

“Do you want some coffee or tea?”

“No thanks. I am fine.” He replied.

 

T.O.P asked me why I didn’t come to work today.

 

“I got lazy that’s why I didn’t go to work.”

“But you shouldn’t have to.” He said.

“I know. Maybe I am tired too.”

 

After asking me about my absent on work, T.O.P shared about what happened during his work, encountered some diseases, and some gossips too in their workplace. Then he decided to watch the DVDs that he bought and I prepared a cup of coffee for myself, and some chips then we watched.