Commoner

Intricate Love

Yoochun can really sweep off your feet whenever he wants too. If I were his girlfriend I’ll see angels and nirvana! However, this sophisticated man is a stranger and we just met yesterday and had a fight … let’s just say, a misunderstanding. I sat beside him inside the he told his driver to go. Things get annoying ‘coz I don’t know where he’s taking me then.

 

“Where are we going?” I curiously asked.

“Having dinner at Marco Polo Hotel.” He answered without glancing.

“Wait, I don’t want to go to a luxurious hotel to have some dinner.”

“So where do you want to go?” he asked. “And I thought that we are clear that you want your apology to be accepted.” He continued.

I looked at the window and said, “Then, don’t be.” I said in depressing tone.

 

He didn’t say anything after I said those three words from my mouth. I wasn’t acting, ‘coz I was really depressed. Depression lingers when I was caught in this situation that I need to do something for my apology to be accepted. I can’t understand myself. In this kind of situation, I just let it go and move forward if the person can’t forgive but… why to this man I felt so obliged?

 

“Okay, what do you want to do?” abruptly he asked.

 

A light bulb lighted and I thought of an idea.

 

“Are you sure you want me to do what I want?” I asked and he nodded. “First, you change clothes.” I suggested.

“Why do you want me to change my clothes?” he intriguingly asked.

“I don’t want to go with a man wearing a tuxedo.” I answered.

“Why not?”

“I don’t want to. And else, you’re a famous personality and I don’t want any media to intrude and make some senseless articles just to satisfy their job.” I pointed out my reason.

 

He didn’t say a thing when I gave him my reason and I told the driver to go downtown where lots of RTW’s.  Yoochun kept his composure like a boss and he never showed any awkwardness on my idea. I took my phone from my bag and checked. New messages from Dara and opened it. She was curious about what happened and asked who the guy was. I sent her a message telling her that I was okay and the guy is my friend. I never mentioned Yoochun’s name ‘coz she may know. I put away my phone and picked the bouquet of white roses.

 

“Why white roses?” I peculiarly asked.

“I find it beautiful and pure. It’s my favorite color when I give a rose.” He answered.

 

White is simple yet beautiful and it lightens a day to a person. Yoochun is complicated, silent, self-centered, and sometimes I can say he’s a bipolar coz he gets what he wants. But, there’s something mysterious about him that I really want to know. And besides, he’s tall and handsome, white skin, black hair and always fixed, and his eyes are hazelnut brown color. No wonder he has a fiancé. Yoochun is a difficult person to start a topic. He’s silent and I don’t know if he’ll like my topic to talk about.

 

Few minutes later, the driver put on the hazard lights of the car as we arrived near Metro, a shopping mall in downtown, and he told us that he would wait inside. Yoochun and I went out the car and he was so classy, not fit to be in downtown area, and thieves will lock their attention to him.

 

“Where’s your phone?” I asked.

“In my inner pockets of the suit.” He answered.

“Leave your phone inside the car.” I commanded.

“Why?”

“Just leave it!” I exclaimed.

 

He opened the car’s door and left his phone inside.

 

“Your wallet?” I asked.

“In my inner pocket too.”

“Give them to me.” I instructed.

“Are you assaulting me?” he said and glared.

 

I forced myself to take his wallet from the inner pocket of his suit and he tried to uphold it and he lose. I put his wallet inside my bag and looked at him. He was irritated on what I did but it’s totally for his sake. I hold his right hand and he was surprised, but I really need to do it, then we started walking while I’m on the lead. We walked a few meters to where the RTWs were.

 

His face can’t be drawn when he saw the place. I sneered and we started to look for a cheap and cool shirt for him. I know that he doesn’t like all the shirts around until I found one. A simple white shirt with a Japanese character on it at the corner.

 

“Are you really serious about this?” he asked. “Just let me wear what I’m wearing now.”

“As I said, I don’t want to attract people with those flashy and classy business fashion style of yours.” I reminded him. “I just want it simple, so please, just this day only and you can wear your classy suits again.” I said.

“Alright.” He answered.

 

He took the shirt and changed on the corner where there’s a curtain. While his changing, I grabbed a black-grey short and a pair of black loafer shoes. I handed all that I grabbed to him and waited for him to changed. Two minutes later, Yoochun went out from the curtains and I was dumbfounded. He’s too gorgeous for simple clothing and still, he can’t be a commoner even his clothes weren’t branded. He looked at me while I was surprised.

 

“Hey! How do I look?” he asked me.

“You look… you look gorgeous.” I answered what my thoughts say.

 

Yoochun tittered and I suddenly realized that I said what’s on my mind. I covered my face with my sweaty hands, ashamed that I told him my thoughts loud and clear. But… it’s the first time that I heard Yoochun laugh.  He walked to the mirror and looked himself.

 

“You’re right! I’m way too gorgeous.” He said in a serious tone. But I felt that he’s teasing me in a way not letting me know. “How much all of these?” he asked the lady that was awestruck too and snapped out.

“That’s 150 for the shirt, 250 for the short and 350 for the shoes.” The lady answered.

“Shorty, get my wallet and pay her.” He commanded.

 

What? He called me shorty again! He’s teasing me again! I took his wallet from my bag and opened it. I searched for paper bills inside his wallet and I found none.

 

“Where’s your money? I don’t see any paper bills in your wallet.” I anxiously asked.

“Get any cards from my wallet and let her swipe it.” He answered.

 

I move closer to him and with my sarcastic look and how dumb he is, I hit his back with my right hand.

 

“Aww! What’s wrong with you?” he wildly asked.

“This is not a shopping mall that you need to pay them with cards, idiot!” I yelled.

 

He was clueless and rubbing his back from where I hit him. I put back his wallet inside my bag and I took a thousand peso bill to the lady. I waited for my change while he was rubbing at his back while looking at himself on the mirror. When the lady gave my change, I took his hand again and went back to the car. While walking, we passed by a man who was selling sunglasses. I bought one and gave it to him.

 

“Do I need to wear this commoner’s shades?” he intentionally asked.

“You must wear it to avoid any media stampede.” I answered.

 

He wore the shades and we continue walking and went inside the car. It’s 4:38pm and I need to think where to go next. Yoochun told his driver to take us to Marco Polo Hotel until …

 

“Wait! Yoochun, there’s a place that I want to eat. Will you take me there?” I begged in a soft tone voice.

“Okay, where?” he asked.