Clasp

Intricate Love

The sun was about to set when we arrived to the place where I want to dine in. Yoochun went out the car and he was kind of amazed to see the area. I walked to the restaurant and the lady greeted me.

 

“Welcome to Chateau de Busay! Table for two?”

“Yes, please.” I answered.

 

I looked back and saw Yoochun was talking with his driver. The car ran away back to the city and Yoochun stridden towards me.

 

“Where is he going?” I was curious.

“I let him take a break.” He answered.

 

Yoochun went inside the restaurant, took off his shades, and the lady led him to our table. I just followed and wondering why he let his driver took a break. Maybe, his driver drove a lot on this day so he deserved to have a break though. Yoochun pulled the chair for me and I was not into this kind of formality or his gentleness. Well, I don’t have a choice so I sat down and he went to his chair. The lady gave us their menu and I looked at it. The foods were a little bit pricey and I don’t have enough cash to pay for my dinner. I’m kind of hesitant to order so I do an alternate way, order the cheapest food in the menu and that was … Mushroom and Garlic Soup! Now, I’m doomed.

 

“What’s your order?” Yoochun asked while I was glum with the cheapest food in the menu.

“I haven’t chosen any. How about you?” I asked.

“Hmmm, I’ll order food for the both of us.” He answered.

“But, I can’t …”

“Afford?” he interjected. “I thought this is the place you want to dine in and you can’t afford?” he asked.

“I didn’t know that the food were a little bit expensive. It’s not that I can’t afford, I forgot that I already spent my one thousand bill a while ago.” I explained.

 

Unexpectedly, he laughed. I thought he will get mad at me for choosing the restaurant then I can’t buy it because I already spent my money and what’s left was the change from my one thousand-peso bill at the RTWs area.

 

“I’ll pay for the dinner.” He said. “I know that you spent your money for this simple unbranded clothes that I’m wearing now.”

 

He called the lady to get his orders and I didn’t say a thing. I let him do the order since he knows some expensive names of foods in the menu. Why am I so imprudent? I wanted to go here and forgot that I don’t have enough money.

 

“So, what are we gonna while waiting for our food to be serve?” he asked me after he ordered.

 

I abruptly remembered to ask him how he got my organizer.

 

“How did you get my organizer?” I rapidly asked.

 

He looked at me before he answer and it looks like he’s thinking about it or maybe, he forgot how he got my organizer.

 

“I picked it up in the plane.” He answered.

“In the … plane?” I repeated.

“Yes, in the plane.”

 

The waiter came and poured water in our glasses.

 

“The organizer fell from your arms when the man accidentally bumped you.” He said.

 

I remembered that when the plane arrived in Cebu, the man who seated across me bumped me when he was going to get his bag from the cabin. Yeah, I was holding my organizer and the box that T.O.P. gave to me at Kuala Lumpur.

 

“Oh! I remember that the only thing I picked up was the box and I forgot the organizer.” I confessed.

“I was at the last person who got off from the plane and as I walked the aisle, I saw an organizer on the floor which is under the seat.” He said and he took the glass and drink. “I don’t have any plan to pick it up but the crew were all in the front near the door so I decided to pick it up.”

 

He doesn’t have any intentions to pick my organizer in the first place. But, at least, he still picked my organizer. He’s so complicated!

 

“I wanted to leave your organizer to the customers service however, I was in a hurry for a meeting. I opened it when I was in my car and gladly, you leave some infos on your notepad.”

“Ahh! The one that I wrote ‘when missing’ blah blah blah.” I interrupted.

“Yes! So I asked Mr. Kim to sent you a message after two days I arrived.”

 

So Mr. Kim was the one who sent that message and he put Yoochun’s name with it.

 

“Why you didn’t tell Mr. Kim to sent the message on that day we arrived?” I curiously asked.

“Mr. Kim’s schedule on that day was full.”

 

The waiter came again with the ordered food and served. Then another waiter came with the drinks. I looked at the food and look so delicious. Yoochun started to eat his food and I do so. I ate my food, Fish Fillet with Lemon Herb, and it is so yummy! The food was fresh and I can feel in on my taste buds.

 

“By the way, who is Seunghyun?” Yoochun unexpectedly asked me.

 

I choked when I hear T.O.P.’s name from Yoochun. I’m trying to ease myself and Yoochun was beside me rubbing my back and handed my glass of water. I drank a lot like I was so thirsty for how many days. It’s a good thing that we’re in the terrace where we can see the city lights. I managed to calm myself from choking then Yoochun went back to his seat.

 

“Are you fine?” he asked.

“Yes, I’m okay now.” I confirmed.

“Did I say something that makes you choke?”

“No! There’s nothing you say that is bad. I was surprised by the name you mentioned.” I answered.

 

Yoochun looked at me and I was starting to feel awkward with what happened. I was so stupid that I choked and drank the water like a pig. We continue our food while we’re in conversation.

 

“So, who is Seunghyun that makes you choke like that?” he asked again.

I thought he’d forget about it. “I met Seunghyun on my trip at Kuala Lumpur.” I answered.

“Oh! So both of you we’re having in there?” he asked.

“Yeah! But at first, we had catfights.” I laughed.

 

After I laughed I noticed how he knew about Seunghyun, so I asked him.

 

“I’ve read his name on your notepad in the organizer.” He answered.

“You did?” Now it’s awkward that Yoochun read the quote.

“The Petronas Tower is like a flower. And it’s the only flower that I saw that blooms at night.” Yoochun revealed the quote.

 

I screamed while he said the quote that I wrote in my notepad. I tried not to listen but those words made me flustered and remember T.O.P. We finished our food and drinks and Yoochun ordered a dessert. I changed the topic to divert him from the quote that I wroted. We talked about being him as a businessman.

 

“Business is world of fighting to death. If you won’t harden yourself then you’ll die in the business realm. I need to be strong ‘coz people working under me burdens me.” He said.

“Why they burden you?” I curiously asked.

“It’s my responsibility to make our businesses intact, strong and profitable. Their lives and lives of their families are in my hands. I always put in my mind that I have a big family that counts on me. Whenever I’ll fall, the business goes down as well and the more painful is the people working under me. They will be unemployed if I made myself weak in the realm that my parents give the responsibilities on to me.”

 

Finally, I understand why he is so difficult to be with. He wanted to look strong but I know deep in his heart, he was not. He tried to be strong for the people who depend on their work and it is Yoochun’s responsibility to keep the business intact and profitable. He’s not bad at all. He looks like a devil the first time I met him but now, I realized that he got the devil in him but his heart is soft as an angel.

 

“Well, enough with that.” He said. The waiter came with the dessert. “Just pack the dessert. I’ll have it take-out.” He instructed.

 

He asked for the bill and paid it with his credit card. Suddenly, he was surprised and I don’t know why. He looked at me and said, “My phone! I left my phone inside the car.”

 

I was shocked! How can we get home? There’s no taxi nor jeepney will come or pass by. I picked up my phone and I asked the number of his driver.

 

“How should I know if my phone was inside the car.” He exclaimed.

 

Good point! Stupid me! The only way is to call someone in Shangri-La Hotel. I my mobile network and google the number of the hotel. When I found the number, I called and gave my phone to Yoochun. I drink my Iced Tea while looking at him and finally, he talked. Yoochun asked someone to fetch him here.

 

“So? What time are they going to fetch us?” I asked.

“They’re going to call Mario to fetch us.”

“Mario?” I questioned.

“The driver a while ago. They’re going to call him.” He answered.

“Ahh! I thought Mario and Luigi.” I said and Yoochun laughed.

 

We stood up and looked around the big area where there was big tree, a man-made fountain and swing. We went to the swing so that we can sit down. Yoochun went inside the swing and I followed. Unfortunately, after I took a step with my right foot, I slipped forward but …

 

I found myself in Yoochun’s manly arms and my face on his manly firm chest.