Making Good Memories

Intricate Love

“I want you to get out of my son’s life.” Yoochun’s father said. “We already talked about this but he was so determined to live his life with you and gave up everything on what he has now.”

 

When I heard those things from his father exactly, I felt pity for Yoochun and regret for what happened. Yoochun might not lose the things that he had and for the very moment he selfless gave up the riches that his family has.

 

“My son already claimed that he would no longer be part of our family and no cents would he receive from me as what he stated.”

“That’s why you wanted me to get out of his life because you’ll worry the status of your businesses, am I right?” I frankly asked.

 

Mr. Park’s face turned to an angry lion when I pointed out the reason why he wanted me to get away from Yoochun’s life. His intention was way too obvious and I can feel it on the way he spoke to me.

 

“Yes!” He finally answered after looking at me with those angry eyes. “If you won’t then I will keep on destroying your life… and not just only your life, also those people who are close to you.”

This was a lot of bargain to think of because it’s not only me who would get affected with my decisions. “What if I’ll say no? How would you handle it after that?” I asked him just to know what Mr. Park would do.

“Right now, my guards are waiting for my command to burn your house and I’ll make it as an accident, not an attempt.” He answered.

 

I was caught by a surprise when Mr. Park told me that he already got his guards around my house at my hometown and only my mother was there who haven’t recovered from the loss of her business. I took my phone and called my mother and she answered that there were men across the house then I ended the call.

 

“Don’t you dare hurt my mother!” I exclaimed.

“That depends on you answer, Kioko.” He said. “But if you will agree on my condition, I’ll help you. Everything is ready for you. A job is ready for you overseas, tickets for you and your mother will be compensated by me, and I’ll give a house for you to stay there.”

 

Mr. Park bribed me just to change my decision but if I wouldn’t agree with the deal, my mother and friends would suffer just because of my selfish decision. It was difficult to decide to give up on Yoochun that I love so much but with only one person that I wanted to keep, many people would suffer.

 

“Alright, I will accept the deal.” I decided.

 

Mr. Park’s face smiled as he got what he wanted. Even though it was hard to accept the deal, my feelings won’t change at all. Though it hurts so much, I really need to do this just to save my mother and my friends.

 

“Before I go Mr. Park, I may have one condition.” I asked.

“What is it?”

 

 

After having a deal with Yoochun’s father, I went back to my room and Yoochun exclaimed where I have been.

 

“I went to the pool area having a smoothie.” I lied.

“You worried me so much.” Yoochun said and hugged me.

 

This was the person that I wanted to keep but if I would keep him everyone in my life would suffer. I wanted to cry but I tried to stop it just to keep what I had been decided. Yoochun told me that we were going back to Cebu tonight and I said “Okay”. We headed downstairs, checkout, and took a cab to the airport. As we arrived at the airport, we check-in, and waited for the boarding time.

 

“Are you alright?” Yoochun suddenly asked.

“Yes.”

“Why you look sad?” he asked again.

“I’m not sad, I’m just tired.” I lied.

 

My lies started after having a deal with his father and I can’t slip it away or else it would ruin. I change the topic about his conversation with his father and he told me that he already gave up as the heir and a son. It was true and his father didn’t tell me lies, he really did. But, I understood how his father felt when his son that he wanted to keep by his side had finally decided to get off even it would be difficult for Yoochun to live with me… with no luxurious things, lifestyle and more. His name would be tainted when people found out that he disowned himself from his family.

 

We took the plane back to Cebu and arrived safely then headed back to Emily’s place but I told him not to send me there instead I suggested to him. “Can we have time with each other, Yoochun?” He was surprised and somewhat happy because I suggested that kind of thing that was uncomfortable due to what happened these past few days.

 

“Sure. Where do you want to go?” he gladly asked.

“Let’s go somewhere far from the city. Bantayan Island?” I said.

“I am so eager to go to that place, my love.” He responded.

 

We rent a car and Yoochun drove to the northern part of Cebu heading to the Hagnaya Port. Just a sudden, he asked me why I wanted to spend time with him and I lied. “Let’s have a break from all the difficulties that we’re into.” He smiled while he drove and I faked a smile just to get not busted from what I planned. This was the only condition that I asked from his father to spend three days with him before I leave the country. Everything was set for my departure and his father took care all of it… the job, my place to stay, and the plane tickets overseas which I didn’t know where to. I got rid off those things for a while and spent the days with him… with him together.

 

We arrived at Hagnaya Port and took the barge ship heading to Bantayan Island. It was an hour sea-travel and we spent the whole hour resting. We safely got into the Island after an hour and Yoochun asked me where to stay or check-in.

 

“Sugar beach. It’s nice there! The sand are fine like sugar and the sea is blue.” I told.

“Okay, let’s go to the sweetest beach!” he jested.

 

We headed to the beach and it was a thiry-minute drive from the Sta. Fe Port. We rented a nipa-hut and a cottage then we went out for a while to buy some clothes.

 

“You paid a lot Kioko. What’s the occasion?” he asked.

“Nothing. I wanted to spend time with you and… you always treat me before so this time, it’s my turn.” I answered.


Yoochun hugged me when we were buying some clothes at the market in the proper town. We also bought food such as squids and fish to grill, fruits, chips, drinks and also blankets. We headed back to the beach and started grilling the squids first while I stocked some spices inside the fish’s belly. I looked at Yoochun grilling the squids and I felt that he was happy to be with me for just three days. This would be the best memory that I would make being with him for the last time. He dethroned himself being an heir and I don’t want him to live a life in my world where he needs to work hard twice as his. And for a moment, Yoochun looked at me, cheerful and waving at me. I smiled and went to him to send the fish to grill.

 

After we grilled and ate the food, we ran off to the sea and enjoyed swimming and playing catch-me. We sat down on the shore when we got tired and watched the sun that was about to set.

 

“Kioko, I love you.” He said facing at me.

I touched his face with my fingertips and fully felt it with my hands. “This is the best thing that happened to us. No worries, no disagreements, and nothing to think of. I love you, Yoochun. No matter difficult we’re into, and no matter the distance that we live, I will always love you.” I said.

Yoochun smiled and he went to the cottage then came back right away. “I know we love each other, Kioko, and I want to make it official.”

 

He suddenly showed me a small black box and opened it. This was a proposal! I cried not because I was happy but it was because that after this, I’m going to leave him. I wanted to say yes but no I can’t. The deal has already been marked and I needed to follow it. Yoochun took out the ring from the box and proposed.

 

“Will you marry me?”

 

My tears were kept on falling down and showed him how happy I was but deep inside it was hurting me very much. I don’t know what to give him an excuse.

 

“Yoochun, you know what will be answer… but we need to fix things before getting into this proposal.” I answered.

“Yes and I am sorry to propose to you at this kind of time that we had too much problem to fix. However, when the time comes and everything is settled… I’ll propose to you with witnesses.”

 

He didn’t bother to ask me why that was my answer and it was a good thing that I made an excuse from it but I made him false hope. He kissed me and I kissed him back while the sun was setting off the day.