Heart at Ease

Intricate Love

The thing that happened last night was unexpectedly to believe that Daesung loves me and kissed me vehemently. My thoughts were debating on how I should handle the situation and how should I approach him when we meet at work. Things were getting severe between Daesung and me. Though he was my crush but I don’t love him ‘coz I know in myself that crush is an admiration and love is an intimate or passionate emotion towards a person with all your heart. At first, I admit, that I expected the day that Daesung told me that he wanted to be my boyfriend but he claimed it as a joke.

 

‘Maybe, Daesung isn’t serious… but if he’s not serious why he kissed me?’

 

My thoughts raveled about the situation and I was stuck… and no resolve on it yet. The weather goes along on my mood where there was no ray of sun’s light so I decided to go out and relieved myself from a twisted situation. I went to Ayala Center to reduce the worries in my head. In the Terraces section of the mall, I took my lunch at Dessert Factory and ordered a smoothie and a piece of chocolate cake. My phone alerted while I waited for my order and a new message from Erika asking if where I am or am I on duty. I didn’t reply to her message so that she’d thought that I was working. The uneasiness emotion that I have right now can’t stop my heart from beating rapidly. I am still nervous, and can feel and hear my heartbeat. The food was served and started to munch just to forget what I am thinking. The smoothie was great and the chocolate was so delicious! I took myself a picture while eating but I didn’t post it on my Instagram. The cake appeased me from being bothered and I’m starting to smile again, thanks to the cake and smoothie.

 

After I was done and paid my bill, I strolled around the mall… looking to a beautiful shirts and dresses, shoes, gadgets, and etc. Window-shopping was my thing when I don’t have a particular thing to buy. Then, I went to Tickles, a store where it sells cute stuffs like panda pillows and bedroom slippers. I saw a cute panda hat and tried on it.

 

I went out from the store and started to stroll again while I checked on my phone with new messages. T.O.P. sent me a message that he can’t meet me today because he had a lot of patients. I replied to him saying that it was okay and I was busy too with my work. I hoped that he didn’t come to the laboratory ‘coz I lied to him on that message. Strolling was my last resort for killing the time until I got bored and went to the 4th floor where the cinemas were. There were four movies that were showing and I wanted to watch the Spiderman movie again but I realized that I might fall asleep again so I didn’t push through. I decided to go home and the scenario last night flashed again in my mind.

 

The road was busy and a heavy traffic occurred as I was crossing the pedestrian lane. People were competing for a jeepney ride. I checked on my watch and it’s already 4:30pm, that’s why there were lots of people and a heavy traffic too. The beeps, sound of the engines, and people that were talking and shouting made me more upset. I walked fast to the street that led to my apartment. Even the street was crowded and cars were trying to get through to the hospital. I walked and passed by a store where there was a guy who stood out from my periphery. I took three more steps and realized that I knew the guy.

 

“Kioko!” someone shouted my name.

 

I stopped then I looked back and saw the guy wearing shades, black and white striped shirt, white shorts, and wearing slippers. My eyes didn’t recognize the guy until I finally realized in my heart that calms the rapid beating. I ran to him and hugged him tightly then I whispered, “Yoochun!”

 

My head fell on his chest while my tears were falling down on my cheeks. Yoochun didn’t hug me back but he did when I was crying. I know that he wasn’t used to this but I can’t help it.

 

“Why? What happened to you?” he asked.

 

No reply from me and I still kept on crying like a child. Maybe, I overreacted with the situation but it’s a thing that I was undecided on how to handle between Daesung and I. Yoochun called his driver through his phone to fetch us. He rubbed my back and slightly pats it too. I didn’t mind the people around as I was crying and I don’t know how Yoochun handled the situation. Yoochun’s car arrived and we went inside and took off.

 

“Where do you want to go?” Yoochun asked.

“Can you take me to the Mountain View?” I answered.

 

Yoochun smiled and he instructed his driver to take us to the Mountain View in Busay, Lahug. It’s the only place where I can think of because only a few of people go there during this hour.

 

“By the way, why you come here in Cebu? Is there any problem at your hotel?” I curiously asked.

He looked at me for a while and then he answered. “It’s not typically you to call me early in this morning. Since we met, you didn’t call me and we only did the texting. I was bothered and uneasy when I saw my phone with a missed call from you so I decided to come here right away.”

 

I didn’t know that Yoochun was concerned about me and he does know that I do have a dilemma.

 

“I know there’s something bothering you now. If you don’t want to share then I’ll respect that.” He said.

“I’ll tell once we get there.” I answered in a soft voice.

 

The traffic caught us and we patiently waited until the night covered the day. I stared at the car’s window the whole time when we were in traffic. Yoochun didn’t bother me and gave me some time to think. We arrived at Mountain View passed 6:30pm and Yoochun paid our entrance fees. I instructed the driver to go to the top of it.

 

“I can see the whole city from here and it’s beautiful.” Yoochun said.

I chuckled and said. “It’s the same when we dine in at Chateau de Busay.”

“But this one is beautiful. You can see the whole city compared to the view that we had at the restaurant.” He convinced.

 

The driver stopped the car when we reached to the top where there were tables and chairs. I went out and found my place while feeling the cold breeze against my face. Yoochun was beside me and he also felt the breeze and he gazed the whole city.

 

“Isn’t it beautiful?” I asked.

“Yes, it’s beautiful.” He answered.

I looked at him and he suddenly diverts his gaze back to the city.

 

‘Does Yoochun stared at me while I was feeling the cold breeze?’

 

I ignored my thought about it and I started to share about what happened to Daesung and me last night. Yoochun didn’t show any reaction after I told him about the kiss.

 

But, he abruptly said. “The thing is you don’t love him, correct?” he was gazing at the city while he said to me.

I looked at him and replied. “Yes, I don’t love him.”

“Then, you better tell him directly what you felt and how it should go between you and him. Clarify to him that you only think of him as a friend and as co-worker. Don’t let those things bother you. Act professionally when at work and act as friend when you’re out of the workplace.” He gave his thoughts and advises.

 

On what Yoochun said made my loose brain screw tightened. Yoochun was right and I shouldn’t be bothered on what happened to Daesung and me. My heart lightened and eased. Yoochun really does care. My mood alleviated back and I was kind of happy to see Yoochun and cares about me. I started a conversation about his work and businesses there in Manila. He said that it was fine and working well but the board of members where proposing a new plan and he needed to study it first before he decides for it. Yoochun asked me about the gift that he gave me after he left from Cebu more than a month ago. I told him that I was using it often. I cracked a joke on him but he didn’t laugh on my jokes but he laughed on his jokes. How weird he is.

 


My phone rang and it was T.O.P. calling. I answered he’s call.

 

‘Hi T.O.P.!’

 

 

I looked at Yoochun while answering T.O.P.’s call and Yoochun shuts his mouth.

 

‘Where are you? Dara, your friend, told me that you didn’t go to work.’

‘I don’t feel like to go to work.’

 

Yoochun was gazing the city.

 

Why?’

‘Just don’t like’

‘Okay… so where are you now?’

‘I am in Mountain View with … a friend.’

‘Okay, I’ll fetch you there.’

‘No, it’s alright! My friend has a car. He will take me home before ten.’

‘He? So your friend is a he?’

‘Yes. And what’s wrong with it?’

‘Nothing. Okay, I’ll wait for you at your apartment.’

 


The call ended and Yoochun stood up and said. “I’ll take you home now.” Then he walked and called his driver on the phone.

 

I followed him to where he stands and I asked if there’s any urgent.

 

“No. There’s nothing urgent. I just want to take you home.” He answered and he asked me something. “Who is T.O.P.?”

“T.O.P. is my friend that I met at Kuala Lumpur. T.O.P. is the nickname of the person you asked me of the name that I wrote in my organizer’s notepad, Seunghyun.” I answered.

“Ahh! I thought T.O.P. was the real name.” Yoochun said.

 

The car arrived and we went inside, and then took off. We reached the main road and then the car boomed. I was frightened thinking that someone tried to kill us. The driver went out and checked then he told Yoochun that the car’s tire was flat. I went out and looked at the car’s tire and verified. Yoochun came to my side and he asked if there’s any repair shop nearby. But unfortunately none as the driver confirmed and we were more than 6 kilometers far from the Mountain View.

 

“Mr. Park, I’ll search for any shop and asked for help.” The driver said.

“Okay, and I’ll call Mr. Kim to send us some assistance here.” Yoochun said.

“Okay sir.”

 

The driver took the jeepney that passed us. I wanted to go with him but I can’t leave Yoochun alone in this scary road. Yoochun was talking over the phone until he shouted.

 

“Crap!”

“What happened?” I asked.

“My phone is dead.” He answered. Then he asked me, “Can I use your phone?”

“Well, I don’t have any load now.”

 

Yoochun got silent and walked from here to there and vice versa. He was anxious and it’s the first time that I saw his composure was shattered.

 

“Would you please stop walking back and forth?” I pleaded.

 

He stopped and then he shouted and panicked. He got mad and I laughed at him.

 

“Why are you laughing?” He madly asked.

“You look silly. Walking back and forth, shouting, then got mad in an instant. How about you calm down and wait for you driver.” I suggested.

 

Yoochun tried to calm down but he’s still walking from there to here. It was funny to see him that I’ve known him as devil then he looks like a child panicking whether he can’t go back or stuck on this dark and lonely road with only two post lamps. The one who gave me an advice turned into a lost a child.