Unexpected

Intricate Love

‘I miss you’ were the words came out from Yoochun’s call and I felt my cheeks were blushing. My mind doesn’t know what to answer but I diverted the topic to another one. He said that he was fine and busy for the past two weeks. I make the call short and asked him to call another day. I hanged up my phone and went back to the table where everyone was done with their food. I looked at my plate and it was almost done so I decided to leave it as is.

 

“Kioko, who’s calling you?” Siwon asked.

“My mother called me about when I can get home.” I lied.

 

I saw Erika was a little bit suspicious but she let it off and talked more about Emily and Donghae. Conversation goes smoothly as we waited for our bill that we requested. Donghae and Emily looks great and sweet to each other while on the other hand, Erika and Siwon were flirting a little with each other, just like they’re on teenage years. Sheryl asked me if I didn’t envy them while looking at those two couples on the table getting the ants’ antennae for sweetness alert. I answered Sheryl with no ‘coz … maybe someday, the perfect man will come into me without knowing. The bill came, paid our share and went out from the restaurant.

 

“Guys, we need to get home. Emily needs to rest.” Donghae said.

“Sure! You better take good care of her Donghae or else, I’ll rip your limbs from your body.” Erika teased.

 

We said our byes to Donghae and Emily as they went home together, and the rest of us decided to have a cup of coffee and tea at Starbucks Coffee. While Erika was clinging to Siwon, Sheryl and I talked about them at the back while we walk.

 

“Erika really likes tall and a little bit masculine.” Sheryl said.

“Well, she’s the type of girl who likes those masculine men but Siwon isn’t masculine, just a little.” I said.

 

We arrived at Starbucks Coffee and had a cup of coffee and tea. Erika is always talkative and she always gave a topic to talk. Sheryl was loud when Erika was around but it became louder when Erika, Sheryl and I were together. Those two always teased me and on the hotseat. They questioned about having a boyfriend in secret like Emily does. There’s nothing to answer ‘coz there was none. When the sun sets, we decided to go home and meet each other before the month ends. Siwon asked us if they wanted a ride but I refused, however, Sheryl accepted. They went together and I went home alone.

 

I arrived home around almost 7pm and started to fixed my things and prepare my uniform for tomorrow’s duty. I checked my phone and no new messages, and I went to sleep.

 

 

The sun shines as I was walking to the laboratory for my shift and I saw Dara was at the login section already. I called her out loud and she waved and waited.

 

“Hi, Kioko. How was your off yesterday?” Dara asked.

“It was great and I met my college friends during lunch.” I answered while I punch the sheet for my login.

 

We went inside to the lab and talked while we get our lab gowns inside the locked. Dara asked me about Yoochun and she confirmed that she already knew who Yoochun was.

 

“I saw Yoochun on a magazine. They featured him as one of the famous hotel businessman.” Dara shared.

 

I didn’t say anything but only praises on Yoochun. Dara kept on sharing about the contents of Yoochun’s section. A few minutes passed, Daesung arrived looking at us, talking about Yoochun. Dara was fantasizing if she was in my shoes, she’ll grab the opportunities to make Yoochun like her.

 

“So, you flirted him Kioko?” Daesung asked like he was on a foul mood.

“No. He took me to a dinner on that day that he grabbed me from here.” I answered and slammed my lockers door goading that I was pissed.

 

I walked to my station and Dara noticed that I was pissed and she followed. Daesung didn’t say a word after I slammed. The environment became tense when I was not talking with Dara during our shift. I was pissed off at Daesung and I wanted him to vanish for this day, only.

 

I kept myself busy for four hours just to get rid this pissed that I felt. Out of the blue, I got frightened when Siwon pulled out a prank on me at the counter’s window. He was surprised too when he saw me so scared.

 

“Kioko, I’m sorry. Did I scare you too much?” Siwon asked.

 

I tried to calm myself and went out from the lab, going to him and hit him on his shoulder.

 

“You blew me away! I was so serious at work and you popped out from nowhere.” I answered… and, I laughed.

“Why are you laughing?” he asked.

“Seeing your scared face makes me laugh.” I replied. “Scaredy cat!”

 

Siwon’s face was so funny when the times that he was scared. He just laughed at it when I told him how scared he was when I was angry. He gave me fruit juice and asked me to have lunch with him. I called out Dara to have our lunch break and she went out from the lab and had lunch together. Siwon introduced himself to Dara while were at the cafeteria. They seemed to get along and talked about my funny moments during high school. Dara laughed all of it and I was happy that these two made my anger vanished. When lunch break was done, we went back to our work and continue what was left. Still, I didn’t talk to Daesung and he was silent ‘coz Jessica wasn’t around. She’s the only one who talked to Daesung when I was pissed at him or Dara and I was having chitchats all the time of our shift. We just kept on working until the shift ended, went home, and rest.

 


 

A month passed, I made myself busy with work and everyday was all the same. I woke up, eat, work, went home, rest and on and on. There’s nothing special that happened to me within a month. I ditched friends when we already had a plan to meet before the month ends. I didn’t come because I went home during my off. All I think of that is to catch up with them soon.

 

And on my morning shift, I decided to go to work early. I walked out from my apartment when the sun already shines. Same routine that I did everyday, I login and went inside the laboratory. I opened my locker and took my lab gown. I noticed that I was early and the one who worked at night were still working and waiting for their shift to end. They talked to me about my new schedule on Wednesday and meetings too. Dara came holding a paper and she gave one to me. I looked at it and it’s my new schedule for November.

 

“My schedule on November is hectic.” I murmured.

“I know you are worried on your schedule Kioko. I am too, my schedule is hectic same as yours.” Dara said.

 

Dara went to her locked and took her lab gown while I was trying to organize my schedule. Daesung and Jessica came in but I didn’t say hi to them because I’m fixing up my schedule for November. My plan to visit for my father’s grave was erased because I am scheduled for a night shift. There were plans were rescheduled as I was fixing it. A few minutes passed, I heard the laboratory door opened and a man’s voice called my name. I looked at him and he was holding a bouquet of red roses. I answered him and the deliveryman gave me the flowers and I signed that I received the delivery. I wondered whom it came from and I remember that Yoochun gave me one. My smiled came out and it looks like it can reach both my ears. I saw a card message and read it.

 

Let’s meet at your apartment tonight.

 

I was surprised after I read the message and I can’t believe that he is here.

 

“Dara, he’s here!” I said in an excitement.

“Who’s here? … Yoochun?” Dara asked and excitement came in to her nerves.

 

We were like teenagers who got thrilled. I can’t explain the feeling and I was happy to know that Yoochun’s around. I worked in an enthusiastic feeling and kept on looking at the watch. I am excited… very excited to see Yoochun again. I can’t wait the time to strike my end-shift.

 

Hours and hours that passed and my shift ended. Dara and I hurried to logout and I noticed Daesung and Jessica were wondering about. I know they got a clue because of the bouquet. Dara and I ran to my apartment while I was holding the bouquet. My excitement was hype and Dara helped me prepare. Dara chose the dress that Yoochun gave me while he went back to Manila. I sat down on the chair and Dara do my hair and make-up. This moment was the first time that I prepared so much in my entire life.

 

As the sun was about to set, Dara said her goodbye and her ‘best luck’ to me as she went home. She decided to go home so that she won’t spoil or ruin my night. I wanted her to stay but she insisted to go home.

 

The night comes, 7pm, I saw a man standing in front of the apartment. I was wondering why he didn’t send me a Yoochun so I went down. As I went out from the apartment, Yoochun was wearing a commoner shirt and jeans too. I was excited and a bit of nervous to see him again after a month and two weeks. As I was started to call out his name, he turned back.

 

“Hi, Kioko!”

 

The excitement turned out to be in an extreme nervousness. I felt my heart beating fast and my eyes can’t believe what it saw. My lips were locked and no words came out, and sweat started to came when I saw the man whom I totally forgot. Then, I murmured.

 

T.O.P.