Sweet

Intricate Love

Yoochun has finally seen his brother and they discussed about the project they’re managing with while I looked after him. The only I could do for Yoochun is to be there for him and make some happy memories again. His father always visited us in my place and he brought some fruits and Yoochun’s favorite dish, the Korean dishes. His father seems to be happy that his son was getting alive again knowing that he’s in pain. But, I can see in his father’s eyes the pain, loneliness and worries for his son. Mother always helped us whenever she was around even those times that Yoochun cried because of pain. Although days ran so fast, we still managed to be strong and keeping the faith that he’ll survive this.

 

It’s already eight month of my pregnancy and I was about to feel some pain too when Yoochun asked me to have a dinner outside. I declined but he wanted to have a dinner just like before when we were cat and dog. She asked mother to come but she insisted not to interfere with our romantic dinner and Yoochun chuckled when she saw mother was having those lovey-dovey aura.

 

“My tummy is getting heavier and I don’t know if I can still manage to walk around.” I said.

“But, we don’t need to sulk in here. We need to get out and feel some air outside.” He persuaded.

I looked at him and he was so excited so I said, “Okay, but not too late.” Then he smiled and nodded.

 

We went out and headed to a fine restaurant around 6o’clock taking his limousine. There were men who kept an eye on us just in case a problem comes. It’s my first time to come out at night since my second trimester of pregnancy. As we arrived, Yoochun held my hand so gently like we were a married couple. I let go from his hand and I held his arms.

 

“You like it this way.” He said and I smiled. The men with us were outside the restaurant and it felt so awkward but I just ignored it.

 

The restaurant was fancy, a lot of rich people were dining, and … I felt out of place. I’m not used to this kind of fine dining thing as I always love to do is to eat at a buffet restaurant. The waiter gave us the menu and I opened… and my jaw dropped. Every food in this restaurant was too expensive. My one-month salary will vanish for just one night if I dine in here.

 

“Hey, what’s the problem? You look shocked.” He asked.

I closed my mouth and said… “This is too expensive…”

“That’s fine.”

“No, it isn’t. This is way too over from a normal restaurant.” I said.

“Oh! I see. Now there’s a normal restaurant and the restaurant where in is abnormal?” he asked then chuckled.

His chuckling made me irritated but I let him be. “Okay, as long as you don’t list all the foods that I order coz I can’t pay you right away.”

He laughed lightly and said. “You’re still the same Kioko. You always made such funny comments.”

“Actually, I didn’t change… the thing that change me was my beautiful figure.” I said.

 

Yoochun laughed like those rich people around and he seems to have fun. Then, he called out the waiter for our order. I just ordered that dish that has salmon and whatsoever in there. The dishes here has strange names and I don’t know how it taste so I just go for the fish… trying not to get disappointed if I ordered other else then it taste bad. While we were waiting for our food, Yoochun asked me about my plans after I give birth to our baby. Actually, I told him the truth that I don’t have any plans after that ‘coz I focused on his treatment and condition. The moment that he knew that I don’t have plans; he shared his plans to me.

 

“After you give birth to our baby, let’s throw a party!” he excitedly said and as I looked at him, he was eager to have that push through.

“Well, I’m in… at least we celebrate for our baby’s birthday.” I said.

“Second, build a house for us.”

“House? I am okay with my place…” I said.

“Technically, it was my father’s place ‘coz he bought that for you to stay when you leave.” He pierced it on me.

“Okay… so, where are you planning to build a house?” I curiously asked.

“In Cebu.” He answered right away.

“What!!!? You’re planning to have a house back in Cebu, Philippines?” I exclaimed.

“Yes, I wanted us to go home. That’s the place where I met you and it holds a lot of memories.” He shared.

I wanted to disagree but I intend not to because it was all plans yet and those might change when the time comes. “There’s still any plans after that?” I asked.

“Yes and I want…” then suddenly, Yoochun was interrupted when the waiter came and served our food.”

 

It pissed me off to that waiter coz he cut us for the next plan of Yoochun. I was so annoyed and wanted to glare that waiter but I don’t want to ruin it so I just skipped it. We started to eat our food and I kept on asking Yoochun about his next plan but he seems so happy to eat such fancy and delicious food. The salmon that I had with two cuts of lemon and a soy sauce, I guess, made me so happy. The food was so delicious and I kept on eating till my tummy was at bliss. After we were done with the main course, Yoochun ordered a chocolate cake for me and I was so excited to eat. Since I was pregnant, I haven’t ate some chocolates on those times and I bet Yoochun knew it. That is why he ordered a piece of cake for me just to get happy. And, before the piece of cake was served, Yoochun spoke.

 

“Aren’t you curious about the plan that I’m about to tell you a while ago?” he suddenly asked.

“I am curious!” I exclaimed.

“Wait till the cake is serve.” He said.

 

It made me wait for that piece of cake to be served and I was so curious what would be his next plan after having a house. I’m thinking that he will show me plane tickets back to Philippines as he said; he wanted to go back home. The waiter took so long to serve that cake and Yoochun was smiling at me. It felt strange ‘coz there’s something odd will happen and I can’t pinpoint what it is. I was gripping my hands forming a fist just to extend my patience but it was taking too long.

 

“Are you alright?” he asked.

“Yes, I am.” But honestly, I am not. I’m too excited for the next plan and why Yoochun prolonged it until the cake is served.

 

It made me think too much and I don’t know what to think already. But, I am positive that his next plan is to go back home… the plane tickets back to the Philippines. And finally, I saw a waiter coming with two plates that were covered. I was wondering about that plate to whom he will serve as I remembered, Yoochun ordered for one piece of chocolate cake. The waiter came and he served the one covered plate to me and the other plate at the center of our table. Before the waiter went on his way, Yoochun gave him money and I guess it was a tip for him.

 

“Go ahead, eat your cake.” Yoochun said.


I opened it and saw a beautiful piece of chocolate cake that was so yummy to eat. My cravings won’t hold long so I munched it right away and it taste so sweet and delicious. And when I realized that there was one plate at the center, I asked Yoochun about it and he told me to finish the cake first. I wanted to finish the cake right away but I can’t because I savor the taste of it. Yoochun was looking at me, smiling, while I was so happy eating the cake until I was done.

 

“Okay, I’m done. So, what’s this plate all about?” I asked.

Yoochun’s face became serious and he started to talk. “Kioko, I know that we separated and our lives became bitter as you follow your decision to leave.”

And now he was pissing me. “Are you teasing me again?”

“No!” he exclaimed. “Will you let me finish?”

“Alright… but no teasing.”

He cleared his throat before he began to speak. “I ordered a piece of chocolate cake for you to make you happy but there’s one thing that I want you to remember from that cake… to start with our lives new with full of love.”

I was confused and I don’t get what he was saying. “I don’t get it.”

“With that cake, it made you so happy like you’re saying it’s sweet… I wanted to have a sweet ending between us Kioko. Let’s forget all those bitter days that we had, let’s start anew life with no more hatred and bitterness.”

 

When those words came out from him, my chest was pumping so fast like it’s on a race. I don’t know what to say about what he said. Suddenly, he stood up and came near me. He knelt down and held my hand and I felt his hands were cold and thin. I looked at him and confused that I don’t know what’s going to happen. Yoochun looked and smiled at me gently and I can see through him that he was serious on what he was doing. The waiter came and took the covered plate then gave to Yoochun.

 

“Kioko, I want us to be together.” He said.

And when he opened it, I saw a small red box. “What is this?” I asked.

“A small red box.” He teased.

 

I frowned at him but he just smiled. I don’t know that this was going to happen right away. What I was thinking is all about the trip back home, expecting plane tickets from that plate. I was too naïve not to think this kind of situation… and Yoochun continued.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Will you marry me?”