Live or Die

Intricate Love

Days had passed that I had no work because I was fired and I am still looking for a place to rent. Sometimes, I thought of going back to my hometown but I don’t want my mother to be involved in my situation. Yoochun helped me looked for a place for several days and still I haven’t found one. I was ashamed of staying at Emily’s place for long days. Yoochun offered to stay at his brother’s place but I declined it. Sheryl and Erika helped me looked for a place to rent until I found one. It was simple, suited for one person only, had a comfort room of its own, and affordable. I didn’t let go of the chance so I took it. When Emily came home from her internship, I told her that I found a place to stay.

 

“Are you sure you’ll be okay alone?” Emily asked.

“Yes. I can’t live here forever and of course, I am embarrassed staying here.”

“No it’s not. Donghae is glad to have you because I have a friend with me whenever he’s on duty at night and how much more when I stopped internship because I’m pregnant.” She said.

“But Emily, I can’t…”

“Please Kioko. You can stay here. Just help me with my pregnancy.” She pleaded.

I took a moment to think about it and Yoochun spoke, “I can’t let you stay alone in that room Kioko. I think this would be the best idea for now.”

 

Emily smiled at Yoochun and of course, I don’t have a choice but to agree. I nodded and Emily was so happy that I’m staying with her. Yoochun called the place that we went and cancelled the deal.

 


 

One month later, nothing happened with my life and for Yoochun as well. I was doing fine staying at Emily’s place and Yoochun visited me everyday. T.O.P. also visited me during his day-offs. I established an online business and used my creativity in crafts and arts. Yoochun helped me with my online business and at the same time I earned. Then sooner, Yoochun also engaged with online business and he sells gadgets and branded. I also sell the homemade cupcakes, cookies, and pastries of Emily as her forte. Within a month, we earned much. Everything went fine for us and Emily agreed to make her place as a stocks place. I was thankful that Yoochun and I went through all our difficult days.

Days became busy because it was December and we had plenty of pending orders for delivery. It was the month that most of the people bought stuffs as their gifts to their family and loved ones. Yoochun was happy that we worked together with our little business… at least we’ve got each other anytime. Sometimes, T.O.P. helped us for delivery transactions. Our business went well and December was our month.

We celebrated our Christmas beautifully, memorable, and of course, full of love. Emily was so happy because sooner they would have their little angel. I had my friends with me celebrating Christmas and of course, Yoochun, T.O.P., and Mr. Kim came to celebrate. It goes as well when New Year came. There were no problems that occurred and I am so thankful with that.

After celebrating the holidays, we went back with our business and Emily stopped from internship and she’s helping me with the pre-orders and transactions. January fifth, I got a message in my phone and I opened it. I was surprised when I saw the name that the message came from. It was from Tiffany and she wanted to meet with me at Starbucks Coffee in Ayala. I was kind of hesitate because having a new year would mean start a new one but it seems the past won’t let me go… ‘coz honestly, it wasn’t solve. I lied to Emily that I would meet one of our customers and I took off, headed to the said venue.

As I arrived the mall thirty minutes passed, I hurried to the Starbucks Coffee and I saw Tiffany was waiting for me. She saw me and I saw her fierce eyes again back when she made a surprise visit at Donghae’s rest house. I sat as soon I approached and we didn’t talk for a few minutes… until she spoke.

 

“Will you stay away from Yoochun.” She said.

I calmed myself before I gave out my answer. “I can’t.”

“Why? I know you only need his money.”

“You don’t know a thing of me, Tiffany, so please don’t make any accusations.” I pleaded.

“It’s too obvious why you make Yoochun your boyfriend. It’s common among those lowlife girl.” She insulted.

Even I was so angry hearing all those things, I kept my cool and tried to be calm in this kind of conversation. “Not all lowlife people have common goals.”

She was raging as I can see from her hands that tightened her grip. “So, if not… what’s your reason why you and Yoochun are in relationship?” she asked.

“Do you know a thing that that’s important than money? That’s the reason why.” I answered.

She sarcastically laughed at me after I gave out my answer. “Love? I don’t think so.” She stopped for a moment and spoke again. “If you really love Yoochun then drink that tea that has poison in it.”

 

There were two cups of tea, hers and mine. I stared at the cup of tea because I doubted her for a moment. But, if this tea has a poison then it would be my fate to die in this place. “If that’s what you want, Tiffany.” I said and then I drank the tea instantly until the very last drop of it. As I put back the cup on the table, I saw her that she was scared because I drank it. Based from her reaction, she really put a poison in it. “Even death I’ll conquer it just to show you how much I love Yoochun.” I said. She didn’t say a thing but only her shocked face was all I saw.

Sweat started to occur then shortness of breath followed. Dizziness made my vision blurred, I felt weak, headache occurred and pain was felt. Even it started to react, I tried to be composed and Tiffany stood up, walked away, leaving me behind. As I saw her went out, I suddenly fell down from the chair and coughed out blood and…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I heard voices, my beating heart, and I felt my body was weak… I thought I had died. But when I opened my eyes, I found myself somewhere familiar, the white ceiling and walls…

 

“She’s awake!” someone shouted and I saw people surrounded me.

 

I saw Erika and I bet she was the one who shouted. There’s Sheryl and Mr. Kim on my left side, smiling at me.

 

“Am I saved?” I asked.

“Crazy! Of course you are saved!” Erika said.

“How come I am in the hospital?” I asked.

“The staffs of Starbucks Coffee took you here and one of them called Yoochun.” Sheryl answered.

“By the way, how come you’ve got poisoned?” Erika asked.

 

I took a moment to think whether I would tell them or not. As I was staring blankly, Mr. Kim spoke. “If I am correct Miss Kioko, Tiffany did this to you, am I right?” The girls screamed together with their “What?!” so I decided to tell them what happened.

 

“Mr. Kim, how did you know that it was Tiffany?” I curiously asked.

“Yoochun and I watched the CCTV of the establishment and we saw Tiffany put a poison in your drink.” He answered.

 

The girls were madly nagging at me and backbitten Tiffany. As I was listening to their deafening sermons, I heard the door opened and saw Yoochun. He was surprised and he came to me, hugging me so tight. As he released me from his warm hug, he smacked me and I smiled. Yoochun was so worried as he asked if I was okay or anything that it hurts. I told him that I am still weak.

 

“How many days I’m here in this hospital?” I asked.

“Almost a week, I guess.” Erika answered.

 

It took quite some days before I regained my consciousness. Erika told me that I almost died and thanks to T.O.P., he saved me as what they told me.

 

“Kioko, we can’t let this go.” Yoochun said.

I was confused on what he said so I asked. “What do you mean?”

“We need to bring this up in court and let the law punish Tiffany.” He answered.

“No need.” I instantly gave him my answer.

“Why?”

“I don’t want this to get more complicated. I understand why Tiffany did this because she found out that she loves you. Jealousy made her do this.” I answered.

 

Yoochun was surprised when I told him that Tiffany was in love with him. It was the truth because she wanted to kill me just to make Yoochun hers. But, as Yoochun’s lover, I don’t want to give him up to anyone who can kill just because of jealousy. I don’t care if it’s getting difficult… no matter what the odds were, I would fight for our love.