Fervor

Intricate Love

It was bright; the sunlight hit my face that made me wake up and went off from my bed. As I was about to stand up, I unexpectedly fell down to the ground. My knees were weak, I am breathing heavily, my eyes were weary and I called out T.O.P. for help. Unfortunately, he didn’t answer and I realized that he went home after we finished the movie last night. I forced to get up taking a forceful push on myself to the bed. I took my phone from the bedside table and texted my friends and some of my contacts. Before I pressed click the send button, and the phone rang and I answered it.

 

Hello.

Are you inside your apartment now?

Yes, I am.

What’s with the lousy voice? Are you sick?

I think I am.

 

Then the call ended and I wanted checked who called me but my eyes were tired and I’m very exhausted.

 

 


 

 

The noise… the door was banged with robust knocks. Someone was knocking on my door and I forced myself to stand up heading to the door and opened. My vision got blurred and I felt my body was weak then I…

 

 


 

 

A cold wet cloth, I felt it on my forehead. I tried to move my arms but it was weak… no, my body is weak. My eyes… visions were blurred and my ears… I heard two voices talking, no, they were not talking, they’re arguing. I turned my head to the right and saw two people near me. Their faces were fuzzy and I can’t recognize them. My hearing is weak and I can’t come up to a conclusion who were those people arguing. I closed my weary eyes and been to nothingness.

 

 


 

 

A touch of a gentle and smooth hand on my arm with a cold cloth that wiped my skin made me shiver. Someone talked to me but I can’t hear that person clearly and I felt something was stuck on my mouth. A liquid flow down to my throat but I don’t know what it is. My tongue is tasteless and I gone to nothingness again.

 

 


 

 

 

My eyes opened and vision was blurry but it started to get clearer. When my vision got clearer, I tried to attest my eyes if I was seeing the right object. The ceiling was the first thing I saw and I blinked again, seeing the ceiling. I noticed that someone was holding my hand and I looked to that person who wore a white long sleeve. But, I came to a realization that I heard two voices so I looked around my room and no one was there. I took my hand off from the person’s hand and I touched the head. The person moved his head and I surprised to see his face.

 

“Kioko, are you feeling better?”

 

Surprised took me when I saw Yoochun’s face. I tried to figure out how did he know that I was sick until I remembered the phone call. I think that was his call before my vision started to blur.

 

“I am… feeling a little bit better.” I answered.

“Let’s wait for Mr. Kim to come back. He buy food for you and he is on his way here.” Yoochun said.

 

I was kind of flattered that Yoochun came here from a very far place where he need to cross the city’s bridge and the traffic jams too. He took the wet cloth on my head and replaced it with a new soaked cloth.

 

“I didn’t know that you’re a good doctor.” I teased.

 

He stopped for a while and looked at me with those eyes that tell me that he’s thinking something. I didn’t bother to ask and just ignore his reaction after I .

 

“By the way, what time is it now?” I asked.

“It’s already 3pm., did you miss work?”

“I’m scheduled for off-duty today so being sick is a blessing in disguise.” I answered.

“That’s good! You’ll have plenty of time to rest and get better.”

 

Then someone knocked on the door and Yoochun opened it. It was Mr. Kim with a big plastic bag.

 

“How are you feeling Kioko?” Mr. Kim asked.

“I am feeling better, Mr. Kim.” I answered.

 

Yoochun came back to my side and sat down while Mr. Kim prepared my food on the table. I smell delicious food and I can tell that it’s yummy but I can’t taste the food as how they were tasted.

 

“Next time when you get sick, you called someone to get help.” He said. “And I saw your phone that you were texting your friends. Did you forgot that you don’t have load?” he reminded me.

 

The bells rang in my head when I realized that I don’t have any load to send a message.

 

“Did you take a shower last night?” he asked.

“I did, and we watched movies after I showered.” I replied.

“We? What do you mean with we?” he asked.

“T.O.P. was here last night. He waited for me even the rain was heavy.”

 

Unexpectedly, Yoochun stood up and went to the table and I saw Mr. Kim looked at him. They were talking to themselves using their eyes. I don’t know what they’re thinking and I can’t even guess if I said something wrong. Yoochun took the disposal styrofoam with a food in it. They came closer to me and Yoochun started to feed me while Mr. Kim assisted him.

 

“Do you want me to feed Ms. Kioko?” Mr. Kim asked Yoochun.

“No, it’s alright.” He responded.

“Let me guess, it’s your first time do all this kind of stuff right?” I asked with a little bit of teasing.

“EAT!” he insisted and showed his threatening face at me.

 

Mr. Kim smiled at me when I looked and he nod. The nod answered me with the question I asked to Yoochun and I smiled.

 

“Why are you smiling?” Yoochun asked.

“Nothing. I was happy that you’re here and taking good care of me while I am sick.” I answered.

 

Yoochun continue to feed me until I said stop. He insisted to eat plenty but my appetite was off and besides, the food were tasteless. I know that it’s delicious. Yoochun gave the styrofoam to Mr. Kim and took a medicine and a glass of water on my bedside table. He gave me the medicine and I put it inside my mouth and gulped the water. I lied flat on my bed and Yoochun grabbed the blanket and covered me. He took the wet cloth and washed it then soaked and put it on my forehead. Suddenly, Yoochun’s phone rang and he answered the call. He was arguing over the phone and I think it was regarding about work. I hold his wrist and said.

 

“You better go now, Yoochun.”

“But, I can’t leave you like this. You’re still sick.” He utterly insisted.

“I’ll be fine after I take a rest… and I promised, I’ll have my strength back by tomorrow.” I assured him.

 

Yoochun didn’t say anything and he took the call while looking at me, touching my face with his warm left hand. He instructed his staff to prepare everything for his meeting and ended the call.

 

“I will let Mr. Kim to stay here…”

“No, I am fine. Thanks to both of you that it seems I recovered. Rest will do the trick.” I honestly said those words to him.

“Okay…” he said.

 

Yoochun stood up and for the last time, he tucked me in with the blanket and Mr. Kim told me that my food was on the table whenever I might get hungry. I thanked Mr. Kim for doing such things for me and he told me to get better before they went for their agenda.

 

I saw Yoochun’s eyes were worried leaving me alone in my apartment but it was me who insisted to go for his work. Yoochun is kind, loving, and with a gentle heart…, which is different when his at work, I think. The sun was still up and the afternoon made me dozed to sleep.