Malady

Intricate Love

The moment that I was practically confused and annoyed because Yoochun came and we talked but it didn’t get well. Then, T.O.P. and I had an argument about some things that we didn’t seem to understand. But… I missed him for two weeks that he didn’t come to my place since we had our misunderstanding. Though it wasn’t such a big deal but he got mad because of my speculations. And about that, I was so certain that Yoochun did those things to me though I don’t know if it was him, but in my heart, yes it was him.

 

I was alone in a gloomy Monday morning while watching KBS Channel. Everyday was just the same. I was kind of bored but I need to take good care of my baby and myself. Sometimes, I took a walk whenever I wanted too but at this time, it’s going to rain. Mother called me and she said that she couldn’t be home early. She found a job at the convenient store five blocks from my place. She doesn’t want to but I pushed her to accept it. And in just a few minutes, the rain started to pour down, heavily. I closed the windows and the air conditioner. I made some sandwiches and ate it while I watched the series.

 

When the clock strikes at 10 o’clock, I got tired of watching TV so I decided to turn it off and played my game apps in my phone. I played until I got a message from an unknown number. I opened it and it says,

 

            Kioko, my master wanted to meet you now. The car is waiting right outside your apartment’s building.

 

I stood up and looked upon the window and saw a limousine. I replied to the message to whom I should meet and it replied to me right away to just take the limousine. This text-pal doesn’t want me to know and it seems so mysterious and suddenly, something came up into my mind.

 

“Maybe, Yoochun wanted to talk with me.” I mumbled.

 

Not a doubt, I changed clothes that were much thicker as it’s going to be cold outside. I went out and took the limousine. No one was inside and I can’t see the driver as the windowpane was closed. I waited for us to arrive and it seems we’re heading farther from my apartment. I gazed upon the window while the rain poured down. My phone sounded and it was a message from T.O.P. but I didn’t have a chance to open it when we arrived in a hotel. The limousine’s door opened and I saw that man in a suit that went to my apartment. So, I was right… Yoochun did that. The man assisted me until we came to door with the label, VIP Suite. The man opened the door and I went inside. I looked around but no one’s here. And when I looked at to a big black chair, there was a man sitting on it.

 

“Yoochun?” I said.

 

The chair turned around and a surprise caught me into shock.

 

“How are you, Kioko?”

 

The man was… Yoochun’s father. Suddenly, I trembled from fear when I saw his father right in front of me. I didn’t expect that he was here and wanted to see me. But why he wanted to see me? To threaten me again like what he did seven months ago? My mind and emotions were unstable and don’t know how to respond.

 

“I am… fine.” I answered in a trembling voice.

“You don’t need to get nervous in front of me.” He said. He was smiling and I know there’s something to come aside from seeing me. “I was surprised when I heard my son’s name from you. Did you two meet each other?”

“Yes.” I answered.

“Well, I don’t want to know the details but I send you here to have a talk with you. Please take a sit.”

 

I sat down on the chair and I forcefully grip my hands. My heart was racing and it made me so unstable and nervous. It looks like a déjà vu.

 

“Do you like the crib that I gave to you?” he asked.

I was surprised when he talked about the crib. So, I was proven wrong that it wasn’t from Yoochun. It made clear things that Yoochun really abandoned us. “Yes, it’s nice.”

“Good! I doubt myself if you won’t like it.” He said with a smile.


When I looked at his father, I noticed that he changed. He’s not much scary not like before that my heart will stop. But why is it that this man had such an aura… an aura that was calm.

 

“Pardon me, why you want to see me?” I asked directly.

 

The smile from his face faded and he stood up, gazed upon the window, looking at the view. I was curious why he suddenly changed his mood and he took time before he answered.

 

“I sent you here to ask for your forgiveness.”

 

I didn’t expect from him to ask for my forgiveness. Before, he was cruel and wanted to ruin people’s lives but here he is, regretting?

 

“What I did to you was a too harsh… not harsh, but cruel.” He realized. “After you left the country and send you here in England, Yoochun was difficult to handle. Locked himself inside his room without eating until he became weak. T.O.P. abandoned us after he knew what I did but the worst thing was… I discovered something.”

 

Based from what I heard, I felt loneliness and regret, but what was the worst thing that happened. I was curious as he stopped for a few seconds until he spoke with an undesirable thing to hear. When I heard what the old man said, I was surprised and couldn’t believe. I walked out without leaving a word. I took the limousine back to my apartment while I’m holding my fear from what I discovered. The man in a suit assisted me back to my apartment and he gave me a paperbag but I didn’t looked into it as I was still in shock. I sat down on the couch, under a shock state. Just a few seconds, the doorbell rang but I didn’t open it ‘coz I was lost.

 

“Kioko! Are you there?” T.O.P. shouted at the door but I didn’t respond. “I’m sorry that I got mad at you, I hope you’ll forgive me.” And still, I didn’t respond until the doorbell stopped ringing.

 

In this very moment, I wanted to see him but I don’t know where he was. It was totally undesirable that I got to know at the heck of the time. Though it was too difficult to accept but is there anything that I can do? The door opened and mother came.

 

“Kioko! Are you alright?” mother asked.

“She’s in shock.” T.O.P. said.

“Hey, Kioko!” mother kept on shaking me but I was thrown into despair. “T.O.P. called me that you didn’t respond to him.”


I looked at mother and my tears came falling down. Their faces were worried of me but I am the one who was worried.

 

“What happened?” she asked.

I hugged mother very tightly and she kept on asking why am I crying. T.O.P. was looking and I know he wanted to know the reason why I’m crying. I took off from my mother’s embrace and said.

 

“I know something…”

“What is it?” she asked.

“It really breaks my heart.” I said.

“Come on Kioko… how could we help you if you didn’t tell us.” Mother said.

 

I cried a lot when I tried to tell her what I found out.

 

“Yoochun…” I sobbed.

“What about him?” mother asked.

“He’s… going… to die.” I answered.

“What?” T.O.P. shouted. “How come that he’s going to die?” he asked.

“I was sent to his father and he told me about Yoochun’s condition.” I said.

“So, you were caught by his bait again.” T.O.P. said and annoyed.

“No, I was not.” I sobbed. “Yoochun has acute myeloid leukemia.”